Airdrie v Stranraer

1 hour ago, Blue1870 said:

Aye kyle turner was excellent. Pity some of the others were posted missing. However it is was it is. Patchwork team of young loanees. Hoping for the odd point to get us safe. Expect better from the old heid hamill. He gave airdrie a gift for the pen.

Your penalty was also gifted by our CB. It was a dire game to watch for long spells but your close passing was quite good; like Turner but your best shot of the night was the near own goal by Neil (?)  With Forfar winning again the sweat is still on for many of the bottom seven? Good to see Raith losing again -their away form is almost as bad as ours. 

3 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

... and young Turner in midfield looks a great wee player too.  

He gets recommended at the start of the season when managing Airdrie in FM 18.  Team can't afford him though.  Just like real life.

8 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

Well if that continues there will ne no club for us to support. Crowds have dropped by 150 home fans. These crowds wont sustain us. The town will get their wish and we will become a south o scotland side. The reason the results are so bad is because of the poor squad. We got rid of experienced players. Other teams brought experience in. Some clowns on saturday were apparently shouting at the manager to bring a striker on. Numpties we dont have any where have they been. Frustrating. We only need probably 3 more points to see us definitely safe. Who knows.

Agree , I’m not happy about falling gates but merely stating the obvious i suppose , almost every team that is losing games and therefore falling down the league will then see a drop in gates , the worrying situation for us is it would seem that we have no financial safety net whereby we could survive for a while on lower gates until the team started improving . I am fed up getting criticised about being negative but I can see really dark days ahead like you mention above and that would be terrible , but if , as some would like , we all ignore the negatives then it will be too late to avoid serious damage to the club . 

1 hour ago, kvz2000 said:

Agree , I’m not happy about falling gates but merely stating the obvious i suppose , almost every team that is losing games and therefore falling down the league will then see a drop in gates , the worrying situation for us is it would seem that we have no financial safety net whereby we could survive for a while on lower gates until the team started improving . I am fed up getting criticised about being negative but I can see really dark days ahead like you mention above and that would be terrible , but if , as some would like , we all ignore the negatives then it will be too late to avoid serious damage to the club . 

it is not only the home crowd,We are lucky if we get 6 or 7 away supporter per game at stair park except for Ayr-Raith,when we regularly take 50 to 100 to away games

If all the other teams brought down the same support we take to them ,eg 50=£12000 per season extra

So it is not just the Home support letting us down,It is the away support

We dont take many to the angus grounds. 10-20 occasionally a few more. When we played albion rovers recently we had 130app. Wish we got that at sp. Only 35 last night. Mostly central belt supporters.

2 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

We dont take many to the angus grounds. 10-20 occasionally a few more. When we played albion rovers recently we had 130app. Wish we got that at sp. Only 35 last night. Mostly central belt supporters.

agree, but you see my point 130 at albion rover ,and we had 6 at stair park from them

55 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Unfortunately reinforcing the negatives doesn't help matters on the crowd front either.

What I would say is, Stair Park is in some ways a difficult sell at the moment. Our support have been treated to some relatively high-stakes fixtures at this point in previous years. The current results don't help, but neither does the relative safety (although we're not safe yet) of mid-table, as there's arguably little left to play for at what's normally a crucial point in the season.

As @monthe blues rightly says, we get a raw deal when it comes to away support. We have a decent away following for a club of our size, and some of our fans probably attend more away games than home fixtures due to their location. This isn't reciprocated.

Add in the shocking state of the A77, which could dampen the enthusiasm of even the most ardent travelling fan :wacko:

On the positive side we have a largely young, developing squad, and we're not far away from staying in this league. Unfortunately neither of those are likely to entice casual or lapsed fans through the gates.

Hopefully we can build wisely this summer, get a balance of experience and youth,  and go from there.

Guest LonglivetheKING
6 minutes ago, monthe blues said:

agree, but you see my point 130 at albion rover ,and we had 6 at stair park from them

In fairness we're the same with them.  We take a thousand to their coup and we get 34 from them.

Also, although not huge, we certainly take more than the 6 or 7 you mention above

2 hours ago, Moonball said:

As @monthe blues rightly says, we get a raw deal when it comes to away support. We have a decent away following for a club of our size, and some of our fans probably attend more away games than home fixtures due to their location. This isn't reciprocated.

Haud on....are you blaming away fans for not travelling to Stranraer, when your point states that even Stranraer fans don't travel down?

Archived