Genuinely awful cold meat.

PB 4.2

Like or no like  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Spam fritters used to be very popular but not so much now. I’m quite partial to the old poor mans steak, corned dug. My favourite meat of choice just now is Morrisons wafer thin Honey Cured ham.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loved a bit of corned beef - either slices in a roll/sandwich or if  from a tin then with beans and maybe a baked potato. 
Loved.....

Youv been a vegatarian for about ten minutes ya nut roast w****r!!!!

I'm seething here.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Thank goodness for threads like this where absolute roasters can advise me on what cold meats I should and should not eat.

What meats did you used to get with your ration book? 

Thank goodness for threads like this where absolute roasters can advise me on what cold meats I should and should not eat.

Must be a nice change of pace from threads where absolute roasters can laugh at Dundee Utd.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Must be a nice change of pace from threads where absolute roasters can laugh at Dundee Utd.

^^^^Must reply to everything.

I like having toast with corned beef inside it.  A corned beef sandwich which is then toasted to be precise...........my idiot girlfriend makes toast from the toaster and then puts "cold" cold meat in it when its ready.

Regarding the overall subject I do worry about the chicken roll/cold meat that you get from supermarkets which is like 100 slices for 30p.  No way can that be healthy and I always think when you touch it it can feel a bit gritty or sweaty.  I am a bit of a snob when it comes to cold meat and argue with her about this all the the time.  Bavarian smoked ham from Tesco is a particular favourite for me just now.

Generally speaking if you go to a cafe for a toastie or whatever it'll be the cheapest meat and bread possible and it always tastes ok but I wouldn't get it for my own house. 

PS - Corned beef has to be from a packet.  Tinned corned beef is a total turn-off.

I will admit to being a fan of meat paste (spread as its known in my house) in my younger days and sometimes I will take a wee notion for it on some toast.  I will eat (almost) anything with toast.

5 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Haslet is the absolute King of sliced meat!

022.jpg

That looks like regular meat got AIDS

3 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

And then there’s this shite  

F1C71BBD-19A9-4187-B814-8B30616C0D69.jpeg

That looks like a fat scheme rat had their arm donated to science 

7 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

PS - Corned beef has to be from a packet.  Tinned corned beef is a total turn-off.

You do realise that the big slices of corned beef in packets were originally one big lump of corned beef in big cans before they were sliced and put into packets.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You do realise that the big slices of corned beef in packets were originally one big lump of corned beef in big cans before they were sliced and put into packets.

Yes.  Its all about presentation.

Archived