Aberdeen vs Dundee FC

The people wanting a partnership of Murray and AJ got their wish on Saturday and it was a fucking disaster. We couldn't get the ball out of our own half until Moussa came on.

We're gonna spend the majority of the game on Saturday camped in our own half most likely so we need an out ball. Murray and AJ both proved they can't do that.
It was a disaster because of the shite midfield.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DrewDon said:

McGinn played the full 120 minutes on Tuesday and has looked a bit jaded in recent weeks, so I wouldn't be opposed to resting him here. Christie also hasn't been at his best, and benching him could allow for Nwakali to get some more minutes and also for McLean to start in a more advanced position. McGinn's absence could pave the way for a Stewart reprieve, however, which is maybe just a recipe for more lumbering uselessness. 

McGinn had two months off before signing for us so I wouldn't say he a bit jaded - he hasn't been great the last 5 games but Christie has been worse. 

Maybe but we do miss him. Ian Davidson was better though.
Oh for a Davo to clatter the opposition further up the park - we are murder for allowing unchallenged runs in to the box - it's why I think it would have been better playing a defender in midfield rather than the lightweights we had last weekend. Hell - it's one of the reasons I'd rather have Waddell up front instead of Moussa.

Oh for a Davo to clatter the opposition further up the park - we are murder for allowing unchallenged runs in to the box - it's why I think it would have been better playing a defender in midfield rather than the lightweights we had last weekend. Hell - it's one of the reasons I'd rather have Waddell up front instead of Moussa.

I totally agree with you. I suggested Caulker - even O’Dea who for all his issues is relatively confident coming out with the ball and can pick a pass. Much better idea than playing a teenage central defender in midfield - on his debut. Insanity.

Tomorrow I’d go 4141 with one of our central defenders in front of the back 4 and probably Caulker as he is the best footballer out of all of them. Murray up front and a midfield of Deacon, Gowser, Kamara and probably O’Hara as he is the most likely to get a goal from midfield and is more defensive than say FEB.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Getting old Gareth, next you'll be settling down :lol:

Been dumped and given a 'You might be made redundant' letter this week. 

Too late to cancel trip to Naaaarwich tonight so off there on the rebound to chat up some farmer's daughters/wives. 

24 minutes ago, Girth said:

Been dumped and given a 'You might be made redundant' letter this week. 

Too late to cancel trip to Naaaarwich tonight so off there on the rebound to chat up some farmer's daughters/wives. 

Pumped and dumped in the same week, not good my man. The redundancy letter is a bit shite too, had that before but never been made redundant.

Get it all out the system this weekend in some Delia type. 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

I know that was tongue n cheek n you have now agreed with someone else we do need someone like Davidson to just kick lumps in the midfield. Instead we don't have anyone .

Davidson still had a better record than Thomson tae.

I love stats.

The stats for us are pretty impressive this year.
Just shite

Ian Davidson was a million miles away from being a good midfielder at this level. He was a decent centre-back but history has revised him into this big tough tackling midfield dominator which he never was. I like the guy but history has been revised to turn him into a player he wasn't, at least not at the top-flight level where he was out of his depth.

I know that was tongue n cheek n you have now agreed with someone else we do need someone like Davidson to just kick lumps in the midfield. Instead we don't have anyone .

Davidson still had a better record than Thomson tae.

I love stats.

The stats for us are pretty impressive this year.
Just shite

I knew you’d know it was tongue in cheek G Man but you’re right about his playing style too and it would have been great to have a Davo to call on last weekend and for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

History or stats? Stats shows he played in more winning games than losing games. Right now i want winners in my team, we dont have that right now.

I agree he wasnt a top player but stats show he did what he needed to do.

We need fighters in our team. Before we have played this game tomorrow we have already been defeated according to everyone of us on here. Well done Mccann for putting us in this position.

As I said, he did very well playing at centre back. The games and periods in matches where he played in midfield, we only won one match in the top flight second time around (St Mirren away where he scored). He couldn't really influence the game and had no control over anything.

Stephen O'Donnell on the other hand was a great midfielder who I'd love in the squad right now if he hadn't been crocked!

I certainly don't think we've been beaten already for what it's worth, we should have humped them up there earlier in the season and were unlucky not to get anything at Dens. Odds are against us but we've got a team capable of putting in a decent performance and if we see another collapse tomorrow, a new manager has enough to work with to put it right IMO.

4 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Before we have played this game tomorrow we have already been defeated according to everyone of us on here. 

Not me m8. Get right fucking into these sheep muppets from the kick off. Thank you.

Archived