Aberdeen vs Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

We won't be that lucky twice. 

Our run in also looks marginally more horrific than those around us. 

Dundee: Hearts (h); Celtic (a); Rangers (a) (LLL)

County: Celtic (a); Partick (h); Hibs (h) (LDD)

Thistle: Hibs (a); County (a); Kilmarnock (h) (LDD)

Accies:  Saints (a); Kilmarnock (a); Hibs (a); Celtic (h); Kilmarnock (h) (DLLLD)

After those fixtures all play out, as a bit of guess work the points pre-split could be:

Accies 32

Dundee 28

Thistle 27

County  24

If that's the situation post split, without a fucking dramatic change in attitude and fortune, especially at home, we're in the play-off at best. Given our propensity to bottle almost every meaningful match against a team we should have a chance against (on paper), I wouldn't fancy us against Livvy or Morton. The DABs are also absolute bottle merchants, but being relegated by them in a play-off a couple seasons after relegating them in hilarious  fashion would be the most Dundee FC thing ever. 

Obvious the ideal scenario is that we somehow beat a tight Hearts team aided by a shite home record and goal shy attack, and somehow avoid two utter scuddings in Glasgow. We also need County and Thistle to lose their remaining games and draw with each other.  Accies have more games to play, and as funny as it would be to see them in the mire at the bottom, they're good enough to fight their way to 8th or 9th. 

After this shitshow of a season is over, McCann should be emptied (if there's a suitable replacement). That squad is utterly honking, bar about 4 players. 

One of the main reasons we are getting hammered by teams around us is down to McCann insisting the players play a passing game.  We pass around at the back (the easy bit) but don’t heave the skill to pass through midfield and onto the attack (the hard bit).   We constantly run the risk of making a mistake with no reward for doing so.  

Almost all our passing around at the back results in a big punt up the park when the defender is being closed down.  The opposition have had more than enough time to get back into position by the time it is punted.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I think we need to remember that both ICT and on paper Thistle, are just as shite as we are. That’s my hope anyway.

Fair. ICT may be 8th in the Championship but they did take you to a replay in the cup so...

However we play good football , have decent amount of possession....

All was far better than what Hartley could ever do for us...

People genuinely believe that bullshit. It's awful. And embarrassing listening to McCann talking a lot of shite.

Him having a handbag fight with St.J kit man or whoever the f**k he is was pathetic. Little man syndrome.

He has lost it and it could potentially cost us.

C'mon G_Man you can't honestly say we were any better under Hartley. It's almost deja-vu now from when Hartley got punted.

We scored more or certainly looked like we could score.
We just couldn't defend for shit and our football style or play was shit.

Right now we are just shit.

Mccann in my opinion has us going backwards ..

I genuinely don't think there's any difference right now between this stage last season and where we are now. Hartley was (probably rightly) punted, and I'm starting to think McCann should be too. The only thing that bothers me is the brutal list of candidates who can come into replace him.

I don't think McCann has what it takes (yet) to be a manager but I do think he would be an very good coach, and could still be useful to have at the club. It's probably too late for that now, though.

I was looking at our line-up from Hartley's last game in charge:

Bain; Higgins, O'Dea, Holt;  Kerr, Hateley, Vincent, McGowan; El Bak, Wighton, Haber.  O'Hara came on for Vincent and Ojaama on for Kerr. Mitchell, Gomis, Ross, Smith & Gadz were unused subs. (3-4-3 according to club match report - can't remember game personally - must have blacked it out!!)

How does that line-up compare with now? Would that team be doing better than the current one? Obviously all a matter of opinion, but that is what we are, in essence, arguing about...

25 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I was looking at our line-up from Hartley's last game in charge:

Bain; Higgins, O'Dea, Holt;  Kerr, Hateley, Vincent, McGowan; El Bak, Wighton, Haber.  O'Hara came on for Vincent and Ojaama on for Kerr. Mitchell, Gomis, Ross, Smith & Gadz were unused subs. (3-4-3 according to club match report - can't remember game personally - must have blacked it out!!)

How does that line-up compare with now? Would that team be doing better than the current one? Obviously all a matter of opinion, but that is what we are, in essence, arguing about...

On paper I think the current team is much better. So.....

Hartley has a poor eye for a player but gets the best out of them.

McCann has a good eye for a player but can’t manage them.

On paper I think the current team is much better. So.....
Hartley has a poor eye for a player but gets the best out of them.
McCann has a good eye for a player but can’t manage them.

I'd say only Hartley's final season, in which according to him, he didn't know Stewart and Hemmings would be sold (Which is extremely naive) could be considered as a disaster in terms of signings. Before that season, even his duds were understandable signings in theory.

I get the feeling I could sign better players than some of the dogshit signed by Hartley and McCann.

*I know they signed some goodies but Vincent and Wolters - NOOOOO*

23 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

However we play good football , have decent amount of possession....

All was far better than what Hartley could ever do for us...

People genuinely believe that bullshit. It's awful. And embarrassing listening to McCann talking a lot of shite.

Him having a handbag fight with St.J kit man or whoever the f**k he is was pathetic. Little man syndrome.

He has lost it and it could potentially cost us.

You've matured into an almost sensible talking adult G_man, come a long way from the dribbling, bet dodging simpleton you once were, deserves a lot of credit that, well done.

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd say only Hartley's final season, in which according to him, he didn't know Stewart and Hemmings would be sold (Which is extremely naive) could be considered as a disaster in terms of signings. Before that season, even his duds were understandable signings in theory.

I probably agree with that.

I think he was a much stronger manager at getting guys on short term deals and maybe finding gems from free agents than he maybe gave himself credit for. Planning and pre-contracts didn't really seem his strength, think he's maybe the sort of manager that needs to really know a player well and maybe even see them train with the team for a while to get the best out of them.

On 3/17/2018 at 22:48, DrewDon said:

Rooney has still been starting games, including against Kilmarnock in midweek. He provides more of a focal point to the attack than May, although May is - or at least is supposed to be - better at most things outside the opposition box and back to goal than Rooney. May isn't having a particularly good time of it at the moment, but it's definitely too early to write him off yet - I still hope that it can and will work out for him. 

I think May is a lot better than Rooney outside the box and it is really hard to call inside the box as the service to our strikers had been terrible - Saturday game is a good example of very little chances created. Rooney without the pens has scored 6 goals this season and May has scored 4 goals that obviously shows that our wide players are not doing enough.  I think May just needs a goal to get going again. 

At least on a positive the goals are being shared this season  

On 3/17/2018 at 18:48, ken es said:

Decent away support so well done them.

I thought it was a very poor away support but going with the 2nd half if that is the type of football they are watching then it is no surprise that quite a few have stopped going. They are in real danger of going down based on the last 60 minutes performance at Pittodrie. 

With Aberdeen so off-form at the moment that was a welcome 3 points against a very poor side but overall a great weekend as all the teams around about us dropped points. 

50 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
1 hour ago, tree house tam said:
You've matured into an almost sensible talking adult G_man, come a long way from the dribbling, bet dodging simpleton you once were, deserves a lot of credit that, well done.

That last bit hurt. Take that back :-)

Ok. I'll leave the well done out then :lol:

I thought it was a very poor away support but going with the 2nd half if that is the type of football they are watching then it is no surprise that quite a few have stopped going. They are in real danger of going down based on the last 60 minutes performance at Pittodrie. 
With Aberdeen so off-form at the moment that was a welcome 3 points against a very poor side but overall a great weekend as all the teams around about us dropped points. 

I mean no wind up by this but for a club of Aberdeen’s stature Pittodrie is a bit past it and the new stadium can’t come quick enough. With all the home support standing up next to us you can only see 3/4 of the pitch. Considering everything I thought it was a reasonable away turnout.

14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I mean no wind up by this but for a club of Aberdeen’s stature Pittodrie is a bit past it and the new stadium can’t come quick enough. With all the home support standing up next to us you can only see 3/4 of the pitch. Considering everything I thought it was a reasonable away turnout.

No arguments from me with the way the stadium is now with only decent facilities is in the beach end - our board has run down the stadium in pursuit of a new stadium.

It has been awhile since an Aberdeen fan has mentioned the attendance as it seem to be Killie fans recently but 373 Dundee fans turned up on Saturday is very poor. Aberdeen said there was 15,208 but we all know that Aberdeen are doing a Celtic and Rangers this season and counting all season tickets even if they don't turn up.  

Archived