Ross County vs Hamilton Accies

We lost because collectively County lost concentration at the back on two occasions, we didn't deal with the introduction of Imrie at ht, it cost us two goals. 

I thought the way we lined up was as good as we've seen all season. 3-1-4-2 is how I saw it.  obviously Fraser wide left is an unusual position for him but he didn't do much wrong imo.  Draper sitting in front of Routis Davies Fontaine wasn't tested too often but it allowed Lindsey and Chow to break forward without having to worry about defending too much.  IMO it worked, in the first half anyway.

Naismith didn't look fit, a few times Draper was shouting at him to go wide and overlap but he just couldn't, all of Naismiths crossing in the last 15 mins was terrible with us having so many players in the box too.

Best game I've seen McKay play for us, Curran look way off the pace when he came on.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Could someone with a better view than I had tell me what formation we played in the second half? @bunglebonce?

At times I thought it was a 4-2-3-1 with the three in behind Ogkmpoe rotating and Lyon drifting wide to help Want, then it sort of looked like a 3-4-2-1 but with Lyon playing as a narrow wing-back. Ferguson was also playing a bit too high up for that. 

I’m struggling to piece a lot of yesterday together still.  I thought the shape was closer to the second one you said there.  

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

You didn't.

Haha, neither we did but it sure felt like it. Imrie is like a pantomime villain when he comes to Viccy Park, and yesterday he turned the game when he came on, our defence didn't know who was meant to pick him up and he kept his head for a change too.

7 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Could someone with a better view than I had tell me what formation we played in the second half? @bunglebonce?

At times I thought it was a 4-2-3-1 with the three in behind Ogkmpoe rotating and Lyon drifting wide to help Want, then it sort of looked like a 3-4-2-1 but with Lyon playing as a narrow wing-back. Ferguson was also playing a bit too high up for that. 

Your number 3 McMann, wide left, came out for the second half limping really heavily then continued to look injured all second half, he didn't put a foot wrong but was surprised that he was subbed off.

Your number 3 McMann, wide left, came out for the second half limping really heavily then continued to look injured all second half, he didn't put a foot wrong but was surprised that he was subbed off.

Imrie probably just booted him in the leg at half time.

Naismith and Draper were reported as having injuries through the week, it was clear that Naismith was struggling.

McKay and Schalk have to be our starting pair for the rest of the season, McKay finally looks fit and sharp and he had a great game yesterday. Curran and Naismith should have done better with chances late on. 

Can we get a shrink to have a word with our keepers? Might be money well spent.

Hopefully Kait recovers from his concussion, because Draper and Chow are useless. £100K WTAF.

A good day in hospitality with a few others on here, cheers Spain.

5 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Can't say I noticed, which is a bit surprising given he was right in front of us. It would probably explain why he didn't bomb forward as often though. 

1 hour ago, Staggie_93 said:

Just seen the highlight’s now, what is the chances of getting a goalkeeper on emergency loan on the basis of ours are absolutely shite? Getting beyond a joke now. 

0%. Only Championship or Lower Clubs can bring in emergency loans.

Archived