Ross County vs Hamilton Accies

Think we will do a typical Accies here and gift Ross County the win, we love to give the bottom of the league team hope.

Would love to keep the momentum going, now is a great time to have a purple patch.

Same team for me, even if the likes of Crawford, Skondras and Imrie are available, I'm hoping to see this reformed defence after missing Saturday.  

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love going to Dingwall for a weekend match, me and the wife are driving up on Friday, overnights in Dingwall Friday and Saturday leaving on Sunday morning to return home. If we get the 3 points on Saturday this equates to the perfect weekend.

Home debut for "The Stuart Kettlewell Experience feat. Fergie".

Win and we're still in with a puncher's chance of finishing 11th. Lose or draw and that's pretty much relegation sealed. 

Ross County's first 3pm Saturday kick off in Dingwall for 15 matches.

Schalk needs to start.  Ideally for Dow, Dingwall as the first change on the flank - at least he won't pull out of 50/50s (there will be a lot of those to challenge on Saturday I bet).

Accies have so much more fight and spirit in their team, I can see them getting at least a draw that will keep them safe from relegation.

2 hours ago, yoda said:

Win and we're still in with a puncher's chance of finishing 11th. Lose or draw and that's pretty much relegation sealed. 

Pretty much.

Accies have fight and desire which we are massively lacking. You could basically punt our entire first eleven except for Naismith this season. Heart says 1-0 County. head says a dreadful. scrappy 0-0 draw.

4 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Ross County's first 3pm Saturday kick off in Dingwall for 15 matches.

Schalk needs to start.  Ideally for Dow, Dingwall as the first change on the flank - at least he won't pull out of 50/50s (there will be a lot of those to challenge on Saturday I bet).

Accies have so much more fight and spirit in their team, I can see them getting at least a draw that will keep them safe from relegation.

Pretty much.

Automatically? Probably. Play-offs? Definitely not. 

I can see that going right down to the wire given how equally shite Accies, Dundee and Thistle are. Saying that, I think the Premiership side should be good enough to win the play-off. 

I can see that going right down to the wire given how equally shite Accies, Dundee and Thistle are. Saying that, I think the Premiership side should be good enough to win the play-off. 

We have 2 games in hand are 4 clear of Partick and 1 of Dundee. Win this we won’t go down automatically, then if we can even sneak 2/3 points in those 3 postponed games I’d say we’ll be fine.

Either that or I’ve now became a happy clapper after 2 wins in a row.

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

We have 2 games in hand are 4 clear of Partick and 1 of Dundee. Win this we won’t go down automatically, then if we can even sneak 2/3 points in those 3 postponed games I’d say we’ll be fine.

Either that or I’ve now became a happy clapper after 2 wins in a row.

We're obviously in a much more comfortable position than we were after the Rangers game, but you've seen plenty of times how quickly these things can go tits-up. 

16 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Having since seen the Killie highlights maybe it's DKD who needs to come out!  Repeatedly let O'Donnell get past him, then put to the other side for the second half where the same thing happens again.

12 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Saying that, I think the Premiership side should be good enough to win the play-off. 

Agreed.

5 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Having since seen the Killie highlights maybe it's DKD who needs to come out!  Repeatedly let O'Donnell get past him, then put to the other side for the second half where the same thing happens again.

Agreed.

Other than his second half showing at Dens in the 4-1, DKD has been shite for a while now.

5 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Putting him up against an attacking fullback who can pass/cross has been shown to be a bad idea a number of times this season. 
Will sound harsh, but he's arguably cost us a couple of goals now, and as good as he can be going forward he is still inconsistent - which is totally fair for a young player in his first season, even with that harsh-sounding review I still think DKD is having a relatively good season.
It's yet another sign of poor recruitment that we're having to rely on him as a first-choice left-winger in a relegation battle; it's been clear for over a year now that Dow is not the answer out there, for even longer that Dingwall is not the answer out there, and for just as long that Gardyne is regressing (why did McIntyre stockpile slow right footed #10s??)

I'm going to this game, and I don't really want to.
Think Hamilton will out-fight us, we'll concede a scrappy goal with lots of players back but none of them actually defending, and despite having a decent amount of possession we'll lack the movement and confidence to create anything close to an equaliser.
We might score, but only if we're losing  so badly that the opposition don't care any more and the goal is just consolation.

If we have a full and fit squad to pick from,  and the best players somehow end up in the best system, we have a chance, but i'm too sick of this season to have any confidence of that.
(Not a dig at Ketts, it's at the form of our players, the big hole on the wing, and the constant injuries our players get).

I want so badly to have this post thrown back in my face after we batter Accies and get 3 points.
Just to add to the masochism of the situation.

7 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Hospitality for me on Saturday so the only prediction I will make is that I will be absolutely fucking steaming. 

Look on the bright side the game might have quality football on show through your blurred vision lol .

Archived