Scottish Football Historical Archive

FairWeatherFan

• 4 months later...
On 01/08/2018 at 13:47, Burnie_man said:

Still seems to be pages missing  ie  East of Scotland League table archive.

You can find some of the broken links through the archived pages on https://web.archive.org/web/20170709151410/http://scottish-football-historical-archive.co.uk/index.htm

For the EoS tables archive specifically it'd be https://web.archive.org/web/20170502220757/http://www.scottish-football-historical-archive.co.uk:80/eastofscotlandleaguetables.html

Increasing prices had prompted a shift to another hosting company. A health scare, wrestling with an ongoing family crisis and another potential hospital stay has meant that maintaining the site has been put very much on the backburner for the foreseeable future I'm afraid, I just haven't had the time.

However the previous site has been archived as noted above so most of the content should still be available online. For any links to pages or downloadable content that are broken, please email me, I have all the site content on my HDD and can forward any stuff that's wanted. I can be contacted via the email address on the site.

Cheers

Edited by sfha

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 18:01, HibeeJibee said:

ScottishLeague.net (site and forum):

http://scottishleague.net/

Surely it hasn't gone defunct :(.

Thankfully not.

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 20:59, glassnahalf said:

However now latest SFHA address... there've been many... defunct again?

scottish-football-historical-archive.co.nf

Unfortunately some problem has arisen with the free .co.nf suffix and it has been suspended. This has meant the SFHA site is now down (yet again !) and unless I can find a new (free) host the only freely available access will be via the webarchive. Although I am scouting around it would take a good while to get it up and running again so please don't expect anything to appear until 2020. The site has been a labour of love but I have had a big drain on my time for the last 2 years and I'm afraid maintaining the site has been way down in my list of priorities.I have all the data on disk so if there is anything that is not available on the webarchive version please ask either here,on Tony's or scottishleague.net and I'll try to help.

• 4 months later...

I'm sorry to say that the site will not be up again any time soon. More pressing issues have meant I have not had the time to look out new hosts and build a website for it. The webarchive has the most recent material (c2018 I think) and I have all the stats that cannot be seen via the (broken) links on the the webarchive copy.  Post here , or Tony's or scottishleague.net if further info is wanted, I'll gladly send it on.

• 3 months later...

It's in the gigabyte size. I'm currently looking at options now to get the site up again, but I don't think it will be in the old format but rather by season by season to save on webspace.

The Junior site was set up primarily to host the Junior Internationals spreadsheet but that was also pulled when the co.nf domain was withdrawn. I've now setting up a new site, again! As I said above this will be set up on a season by season basis. This will make it easier for me to keep track of my research as there won't be a large scattering of competitions spread over the site.

The first seasons to be uploaded will be from 1873 through to 1900. For this period I've also corrected many errors as well as virtually complete the main Highland competitions. I've also been able to find much more of the South of Scotland info. Currently I'm working on the 1900-01 season and will be working on completing up to season 1914-15. As I've got much of these researched already I hope to be able to complete this period within the next couple of months.

Although there is nothing on the site as of yet, the new address will be  [EDIT]   http://scottish-football-historical-archive.c1.biz/

Edited by sfha

53 minutes ago, sfha said:

Although there is nothing on the site as of yet, the new address will be scottish-football-historical-archive.c1.biz

You'd be as well registering a domain name (.org.uk is available at £6/year) as a permanent address and then having it forward to whichever host you are using so people don't have to go to a new address each time.

Bit surprised it is gigabytes in size though, must be lots of images on the site!

Edited by Ginaro

2 hours ago, sfha said:

The Junior site was set up primarily to host the Junior Internationals spreadsheet but that was also pulled when the co.nf domain was withdrawn. I've now setting up a new site, again! As I said above this will be set up on a season by season basis. This will make it easier for me to keep track of my research as there won't be a large scattering of competitions spread over the site.

The first seasons to be uploaded will be from 1873 through to 1900. For this period I've also corrected many errors as well as virtually complete the main Highland competitions. I've also been able to find much more of the South of Scotland info. Currently I'm working on the 1900-01 season and will be working on completing up to season 1914-15. As I've got much of these researched already I hope to be able to complete this period within the next couple of months.

Although there is nothing on the site as of yet, the new address will be scottish-football-historical-archive.c1.biz

Glad to hear this is still being worked on!

A quick update.

I've heeded Ginaro's advice and registered a new domain name, sfha.org.uk.

I've created a new home page and tentatively added seasonal files up to 1890 and will add the remaining 19th Century results over the coming weeks. I will also be tidying up the many other files and pages and upload them onto the server over the coming months.

Please bear with me while I do this and hopefully give the site the stability it has sadly lacked for the last few years.

Thanks.

Edited by sfha

• 2 months later...

Cheers m8, I'm currently cracking through the various remaining minor leagues and hope to have these uploaded in the next month or so. I'll be revising the reserve and junior content when that's completed and get them on the site.

Thanks to all for visiting the site, again any contribution whatsoever is very welcome!

cheers,

Brian