QOS V League Leaders

Don't imagine for one minute we are in the financial position to turn down any additional revenue. Who the hell has decided for there not to be the opportunity for away fans to be able to buy tickets for their section on the day?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It made sense for the Partick game where the terracing wasn't going to be used and we had to limit the attendance.
For us to potentially limit the attendance for this one for no apparent reason, at a time when we are really struggling to attract big crowds seems bonkers.
Its an easy sort. Just say any unslod tickets will be available on the day and fans who cant get to the ground this week can start to make travel arrangements

Don’t wear colours and enter the home end, problem solved.
I've got mine. I'm down on the Friday night, staying at the comlongon castle for my anniversary. Poor wife has to go to game on Saturday[emoji23]

I seem to recollect that around 40% of Buddies (season ticket holder stats) no longer live in Paisley (I, for one, am now in Ayrshire). The only time I am in Paisley is for a game. I'll buy a ticket on-line for an Away game if it is clear that it is all ticket but the problem is many Away games this season have been advertised as 'all ticket' but when you arrive at the stadium there is a PATG turnstile so I stopped ordering on-line and saved on postage costs and just paid for entry at each stadium. Since there has usually been a PATG at Palmeston many Buddies I should think will just assume there is one this time without really checking.  So Home end it will be for them this Saturday just like at Dumbarton where many the 'Home' fans were Buddies resulting in a few arguments.

As to numbers we took 1700 to Dunfermline early in the season and around 1800 to Livi a couple of weeks ago. Usually for a Saturday game we take between 1000 to 1500  Away support. But as the season reaches its climax I know a few folk that are now travelling that did not travel earlier in the season. Should think we won't be far off the 2,000 mark.

I seem to recollect that around 40% of Buddies (season ticket holder stats) no longer live in Paisley (I, for one, am now in Ayrshire). The only time I am in Paisley is for a game. I'll buy a ticket on-line for an Away game if it is clear that it is all ticket but the problem is many Away games this season have been advertised as 'all ticket' but when you arrive at the stadium there is a PATG turnstile so I stopped ordering on-line and saved on postage costs and just paid for entry at each stadium. Since there has usually been a PATG at Palmeston many Buddies I should think will just assume there is one this time without really checking.  So Home end it will be for them this Saturday just like at Dumbarton where many the 'Home' fans were Buddies resulting in a few arguments.
As to numbers we took 1700 to Dunfermline early in the season and around 1800 to Livi a couple of weeks ago. Usually for a Saturday game we take between 1000 to 1500  Away support. But as the season reaches its climax I know a few folk that are now travelling that did not travel earlier in the season. Should think we won't be far off the 2,000 mark.
I would have thought 1000-1500. Its hard to tell though

Guest Flash

So, if 1,500 buy in advance and 500 decide to travel on the day, we will have 500 away fans trying to get in the home end while there is space for more than another 1,300 in the away end. Makes a great deal of sense when you think about it.

42 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:

I would have thought 1000-1500. Its hard to tell though

As you say hard to tell but 2,000 tops I would think. The 1800 at Livi was Livi's biggest Home gate of the season and far more than we normally take there. But  what effect will Champions' fever have? :)

As you say hard to tell but 2,000 tops I would think. The 1800 at Livi was Livi's biggest Home gate of the season and far more than we normally take there. But  what effect will Champions' fever have? [emoji4]
I agree we could take 2,000 but Livi was pay at the gate on the day well in advance. Just think if people can buy on the day it could easily half that

People just won't go, and it's a pity because I think saints would have potentially taken a decent crowd. A lot of fans like myself and guys I would normally go to the game with don't live in Paisley anymore and this is a real barrier to attending. Don't get me wrong, it's not insurmountable. If it was a cup final or a championship decider we'd find a way, but for this people just won't bother. Every game is obviously important for St Mirren just now, but this one isn't important enough to justify making it more difficult for people to attend, especially if your away end holds near enough 3000 people which will be more than enough space.

I would get QOS’s stance on selling tickets on the day if St Mirren were close to selling out their entire allocation but denying further potential income is a remarkable decision. Sums up how poorly some decisions are made at the club, Full Time on the field of play but very Part Time off it. No doubt if St Mirren supporters end up in the home end they will blame everybody but themselves !!

I would get QOS’s stance on selling tickets on the day if St Mirren were close to selling out their entire allocation but denying further potential income is a remarkable decision. Sums up how poorly some decisions are made at the club, Full Time on the field of play but very Part Time off it. No doubt if St Mirren supporters end up in the home end they will blame everybody but themselves !!

I'm travelling down with two Paisley friends whom will be supporting St Mirren, none of us have tickets, but we are going to the old stand!

People just won't go, and it's a pity because I think saints would have potentially taken a decent crowd. A lot of fans like myself and guys I would normally go to the game with don't live in Paisley anymore and this is a real barrier to attending. Don't get me wrong, it's not insurmountable. If it was a cup final or a championship decider we'd find a way, but for this people just won't bother. Every game is obviously important for St Mirren just now, but this one isn't important enough to justify making it more difficult for people to attend, especially if your away end holds near enough 3000 people which will be more than enough space.

It makes some sense to send out a batch of tickets to St Mirren to cater for the large critical mass of local supporters but there surely has to be a flexible approach for the fans who perhaps live outwith the Paisley area and those who decide to travel at last minute?

This whole business of fans having to physically source a ticket in advance for a match that will attract a crowd of c.2600 against a ground capacity about three times higher is simply ludicrous.

I still don't understand why In exceptional circumstances a cash turnstile or ticket outlet cannot become operational.

It makes some sense to send out a batch of tickets to St Mirren to cater for the large critical mass of local supporters but there surely has to be a flexible approach for the fans who perhaps live outwith the Paisley area and those who decide to travel at last minute?

This whole business of fans having to physically source a ticket in advance for a match that will attract a crowd of c.2600 against a ground capacity about three times higher is simply ludicrous.

I still don't understand why In exceptional circumstances a cash turnstile or ticket outlet cannot become operational.

Nail on the head

It really is madness.

It's not even just the financial issue either, although that's surely a big enough consideration by itself.

It's also just rude.  We should be more accommodating to our guests.  This way, many are required to take unnecessary inconvenient steps to get a ticket, or visit a part of the ground where they shouldn't be, or miss out on a game they'd have preferred to attend.

I honestly don't know how it's justified, unless it's a stupid bloody police requirement or something.

Im not sure they even want away fans in the terracing. A couple of friends go over to put a flag up at some games. Both have told me that you can barely walk on it without falling on your arse its so slippy. Ive not been on it myself but just what ive been told.

Archived