QOS V League Leaders

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Flash said:

The tickets go on sale from 1.45pm. Are St.Mirren not likely to be in town well before that? And if they aren’t, the ko will either be delayed or the match postponed. What are you worried about? 

I'm not worried. The club announcement does seem to rely on others, though. While St Mirren would prefer more away fans at the game, the money (presumably) goes to Queens so the onus is upon them to arrange the logistics.

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The day "literally" before Saturday is Friday. It was announced on Thursday.

While I admire the pedantry, the policy of selling PATG tickets shouldn't be made 3/4 of the way through the league. I'm sure you'll agree with that.

While I admire the pedantry, the policy of selling PATG tickets shouldn't be made 3/4 of the way through the league. I'm sure you'll agree with that.

Our policy has been the same all season. When Thistle played us we changed the system as we had only allocated a certain amount of space to them in the stand. It's the same system they've used with yourselves but the difference this time is the terracing will be open so it makes the approach a bit crazy as there will be plenty of room.

Any danger of a bit of football discussion breaking out here?

Lewis Morgan is back in the squad for us but - and this will be controversial - I'd leave him out, at least for the first hour. Use him as an impact sub. What might be interesting, however, is whether Flynn holds on to his more narrow position and forces Magennis out wide. Jack also has to decide whether to keep last week's MOTM Mullen on the park.

Nice problems to have at the business end of the season.

As predicted, Harry Davis will not be risked on the artificial pitch, but I'm not worried about Gary Mack and Jack Baird.

Any news from Queens about Dobbie?

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Lewis Morgan is back in the squad for us but - and this will be controversial - I'd leave him out, at least for the first hour. Use him as an impact sub. What might be interesting, however, is whether Flynn holds on to his more narrow position and forces Magennis out wide. Jack also has to decide whether to keep last week's MOTM Mullen on the park.

As predicted, Harry Davis will not be risked on the artificial pitch, but I'm not worried about Gary Mack and Jack Baird.

Morgan will hold his position Flynn will be midfield Magennis out wide Davis and Mac central mid Gavin Cammy up front that' s how I see it. QOS 1 St Mirren 3 1,000 odd buddies. 

2 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Morgan will hold his position Flynn will be midfield Magennis out wide Davis and Mac central mid Gavin Cammy up front that' s how I see it. QOS 1 St Mirren 3 1,000 odd buddies. 

I agree, that's what he'll go for, but it's rough on Mullen, IMO. Hopefully we'll have a bit of freedom in the last few games to mix things up a bit.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

In press today that Dobbie hasn`t been ruled out. Late decision presumably.

If Sir Stephen is out we'll struggle to get anything from this, especially if Gav plays the way he has in your previous games against us. His two goals down here were typical of him and up in Paisley he just bullied our defense. I feel it could be a long afternoon but here's hoping, I'd take a point now.

2 minutes ago, Hawk said:

If Sir Stephen is out we'll struggle to get anything from this, especially if Gav plays the way he has in your previous games against us. His two goals down here were typical of him and up in Paisley he just bullied our defense. I feel it could be a long afternoon but here's hoping, I'd take a point now.

His goals have dried up a wee bit recently, but he seems to do well against you guys. It's almost the opposite of the Dunfermline effect - he can't play well for or against them, apparently, but was great for you and shows up well against you as well.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

His goals have dried up a wee bit recently, but he seems to do well against you guys. It's almost the opposite of the Dunfermline effect - he can't play well for or against them, apparently, but was great for you and shows up well against you as well.

I'd say it's a black and white stripe thing but he's evidently doing alright for St Mirren. 

A player with talent there was evidently something going on during his time at Dunfermline, maybe when he plays us it brings it back? Maybe he actually really loves Dunfermline and couldn't bear the thought of scoring against us? Who knows. 

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

He's also used to the surface down here, which used to suit his style of play. I do fear for us tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'd say it's a black and white stripe thing but he's evidently doing alright for St Mirren. 

A player with talent there was evidently something going on during his time at Dunfermline, maybe when he plays us it brings it back? Maybe he actually really loves Dunfermline and couldn't bear the thought of scoring against us? Who knows. 

He wasn't that arsed about scoring for you either, mind! :lol:

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Davis is a huge miss for us , the whole team benefits from his presence !

Guest Flash

Don’t think it really matters how Naysmith arranges his League 1 jobbers (plus Dobbie if available) the result will be the same. 

15 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

True, though you can tell by the way he moves that even on grass he's wary of his knee. No surprise he's not being risked.

True , which in a strange way could be to our long term benefit as it's doubtful if he would pass any stringent medicals elsewhere !

3 minutes ago, billyg said:

True , which in a strange way could be to our long term benefit as it's doubtful if he would pass any stringent medicals elsewhere !

I literally typed that out in my post then deleted it in case I was going too far. :lol: But yeah: think Demba Ba and Ledley King. Ba's knees were shot when he was at Newcastle; his medical at Chelsea must have been dodgy as f**k.

Obviously we/he have the option of another year on Harry's deal, so you'd imagine his knee would be too scary considering a team would have to pay a fee. All good for us, then.

Archived