McBookie

Scary Bear

I had cause to open an account with McBookie the other day to allow me to stick a fiver on Lawrence Shankland/first scorer for Ayr against my beloved and hapless Raith Rovers. Odds of 9/2. Lovely.

Also stuck £2 on Rondon (6/1) first scorer for WBA against Leicester.

£15 was deposited and my account is now sitting at £46.50. Supposedly I should have another fiver for opening an account and making a bet but no sign of that.

I tried to withdraw the money yesterday about 6pm but the withdrawal hasn’t gone through. Undeterred I used their live chat feature to try and resolve the issue. They seem to use a site called Moxie for their live chat. Unfortunately this livechat feature  regularly kicked me out of the chat, and redirected me to this Moxie site with no obvious way of going back to the McBookie site via their app. Very frustrating. 

I then discovered by reading those pesky terms and conditions that withdrawals from McBookie take several days. WTF! Is this normal? How long do other bookies take to transfer funds to your bank account or PayPal account?

https://help.mcbookie.com/portal/articles/3913

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I had cause to open an account with McBookie the other day to allow me to stick a fiver on Lawrence Shankland/first scorer for Ayr against my beloved and hapless Raith Rovers. Odds of 9/2. Lovely.

Also stuck £2 on Rondon (6/1) first scorer for WBA against Leicester.

£15 was deposited and my account is now sitting at £46.50. Supposedly I should have another fiver for opening an account and making a bet but no sign of that.

I tried to withdraw the money yesterday about 6pm but the withdrawal hasn’t gone through. Undeterred I used their live chat feature to try and resolve the issue. They seem to use a site called Moxie for their live chat. Unfortunately this livechat feature  regularly kicked me out of the chat, and redirected me to this Moxie site with no obvious way of going back to the McBookie site via their app. Very frustrating. 

I then discovered by reading those pesky terms and conditions that withdrawals from McBookie take several days. WTF! Is this normal? How long do other bookies take to transfer funds to your bank account or PayPal account?

https://help.mcbookie.com/portal/articles/3913

Most (all?) online bookies take a few days for a withdrawal to hit your account. Never had an issue with the McBookie livechat but it's been a while since I last used it so it might have changed. Only used it on a PC.

Scary Bear - send me a DM and I will look into this for you.  Free bet normally goes in 24 hours later so could well be there. All bookies have a time period for the money to go back to your account. Obviously takes longer when done over the weekend

• 6 months later...
Tried to deposit funds last week &again this morning but getting error message. There is not a problem with the card details or available funds - has anyone had the same problem?
No problem here, I'd get onto the chat line.

Archived