Amber Machine vrs Duffy’s Duffers

Looking forward to this game on Tuesday night . Quick check of the weather forecast suggests we might just be Lucky and get this game on. 

Hope the forced 2 week layoff doesnt effect Amber Machine to much. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel more confident for our home games now after the arrival of Miller and Hardie. However, I think Morton will be up for this after limp performances against ourselves and Falkirk.

A win would probably secure 3rd place barring a major collapse so that should serve as great motivation for us. 

No idea what to expect from Morton now, a few weeks ago I was praising them for having just as good a season as ourselves,  but the last two league games have been poor, defeats to ourselves and Falkirk. 

Still expecting a tough game, all 3 games at Cappielow have been tight affairs and I don’t see this one being different, team that scores first I can see winning the game. 

As EL says, a win in this pretty much secures a playoff place and probably 3rd place minimum, so if that’s not motivation then I don’t know what is. 

Funnily enough the last time we played was the Tuesday night against Morton, which I didn’t think we played very well in, but having had a fortnight to rest up the players should be eager to get going again.

Wonder how Robinson is after hobbling off in that game ? If he’s fit I can see us starting exactly the same way again, if not it’s probably a straight choice between Thompson and Jacobs. 

If we are to have any chance of catching St mirren (I dont think we will) we will have to take 6 points from these two home games. 

Its an odd one; currently we're 11 points ahead of QoS in fifth place so I'll wait until after the game on 24th before I start predicting that we'll end up in the playoffs.

Actually, and with all respect to Morton, I'd far rather meet them in the playoffs that QoS.

Morton have a good side and on their day can probably beat anyone in the league but so far we've had their card marked.  Queen of the South by contrast seem to turn up with a different team every game.

My main concern at the moment is that the team haven't been able to train properly for almost two weeks; so who knows how they'll be; we didn't do so well after our last enforced break.

Still haven’t seen Morton this season, but by all accounts we’ve dug in and just about deserved wins in the away matches. Much has been made of Ton’s away form this year but after reading some of their fans’ comments, particularly after Saturday, they really aren’t confident at the moment. Any time that happens I always get the fear, because that usually only means one thing...

Given we’ve had a bit of an enforced break and might be a bit rusty, I’d take a draw but don’t see a reason why we can’t win. Morton will be looking for a reaction I imagine so surely won’t be as bad as Saturday, but as our last two home games have proven, we can beat anyone at home in this division.

This must be the longest stretch we’ve ever had to wait in a season to play a team at home in the league before during a season, coincidentally! Would be keen to see what the current record is, I doubt it comes close to this.

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

My main concern at the moment is that the team haven't been able to train properly for almost two weeks; so who knows how they'll be; we didn't do so well after our last enforced break.

I understand your pitch has been waterlogged/frozen the passed few weeks but do you not have a training facility or sports centre you can hire.

Well missed Saturday through illness, must have been VT comments that made me vomit, lucky after seeing the team we sent out.

Mr Duffy get our best 11 on the pitch for every game until the end of the season, resting players only if its done and dusted.

Seen all three defeats so far and all been close so maybe we can find a result. WFNT. 

13 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

I understand your pitch has been waterlogged/frozen the passed few weeks but do you not have a training facility or sports centre you can hire.

Well missed Saturday through illness, must have been VT comments that made me vomit, lucky after seeing the team we sent out.

Mr Duffy get our best 11 on the pitch for every game until the end of the season, resting players only if its done and dusted.

Seen all three defeats so far and all been close so maybe we can find a result. WFNT. 

We don't use the pitch for training but the so called all weather pitches are a bit sh1te to be totally frank. A bit of rain and the whole thing turns into a skating rink.

Most of the team will doubtless have been keeping up fitness and stamina in the local gym however.

It's amazing how quick your mindset can change. 

We were on great form, had lost 1 game in 9 prior to the last game against Livvy, winning 5 of them and we all thought if we could beat Livvy, we were looking very good for second place. . 2 weeks on and 0/6 points later, 2nd is miles away and we are in great danger of dropping out the playoffs altogether.

Unfortunately we will never know why Duffy does what he does as Johnathon can't/wont ask the difficult questions( not his fault, he is  employed by the club) but he needs to go back to the settled team that took us to 3rd in the first place.

Iredale,  Ross and Oliver need to be brought back in tomorrow, it's that simple. It won't guarantee a win, playing them against Livvy/Falkirk won't have guaranteed it either, but it will give us the best chance as that is clearly our best line up!

7 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Do you not have a grass pitch?

I hate games on plastic, good chance we will rest Tids if that's the case.

We have a grass pitch, he was talking about our training pitch

Apparently the players had some training sessions indoors, heard talk they had managed to get Oriam for some time so it’s the next best thing I suppose. I see Hopkin and Hardie picked up the manager and player of the month awards for February, Morton are a stick on for the win tomorrow night now.

2 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

How convenient for you to avoid seeing your 'the lack of support from the crowd is responsible for poor performances' thesis being completely dismantled on the pitch as well. 

If Duffy decides to play absolute jobbers like Baird again then I'll probably head straight to the pub instead of watching a reserve team predictably flounder.

Archived