Sweet Potatoes vs Quinoa fc

Any particular recommendations pre/post match/areas near the ground to avoid like the plague ?Think me and the guy im going with are taking the train up earlyish on the day and (potentially optimistically, think there's a decen chance of a taxi driver coining it in from us late on) aiming for the last train back. Never been to Edinburgh as an adult, looking forward to it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any particular recommendations pre/post match/areas near the ground to avoid like the plague ?Think me and the guy im going with are taking the train up earlyish on the day and (potentially optimistically, think there's a decen chance of a taxi driver coining it in from us late on) aiming for the last train back. Never been to Edinburgh as an adult, looking forward to it.

Plenty pubs between Haymarket and the ground. Dickens is a hole. If you're making an evening of it good pubs on Lothian Road which isn't too far.

Burke and Hare, Bread St.
You'll enjoy that, as an adult

In all honesty, as an away fan, I’d avoid dickens and stratties. Other than that, I don’t think you’ll go far wrong.

9 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Traffic backing up 14 miles from Edinburgh (according to milesge sign on M8). 

Roadworks between the Zoo and Murrayfield in Roseburn won't be much fun either.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Roadworks between the Zoo and Murrayfield in Roseburn won't be much fun either.

We come in a different way but go back that way...

LINE-UPS at Tynecastle

Hearts v Partick Thistle (15:00)

Hearts: McLaughlin, Hughes, Souttar, Berra, Smith, Adao, Cowie, Godinho, Amankwaa, Naismith, Lafferty.

Substitutes: Hamilton, Randall, Callachan, Cochrane, McDonald, Moore, Henderson.

Partick Thistle: Cerny, Booth, Devine, Cargill, Osman, Elliott, Woods, Erskine, Lawless, Storey, Doolan.

Substitutes: Scully, Spittal, Barton, McGinn, Edwards, McCarthy, Penrice.

Surprised to see Cochrane on the bench - thought he'd fucked his hammy - needs a rest as well.

Still no sign of Buaben - if he can't even get a place on the bench with our midfield options, his erse must be well oot the windae.

BBC said Cowie and Smith were out, so surprised to see them in the team.

Not sure there's much benefit in playing a back three without Mitchell - don't think Godinho or Smith are especially adept at getting forward.

Could be a 3-4-3 - hope he's not playing Lafferty wide. 

Archived