Players a bit unlucky not to have more capso

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Chic Charnley should have been capped. He was one of the most technically gifted midfielders playing in Scotland during 90s. His reputation was what held him back

No, he was just not good enough

44 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
47 minutes ago, ecto said:
No, he was just not good enough

He was most definitely technically good enough

And what do you suppose the reason he never played at a higher club level was? This is not an international anomaly you’re talking about

Strachan didn't like him apparently. That's why he never called Adam up.

Adam was in strachan a squads at the start. The turning point was that match against Wales when he done a silly foul on bale just inside own half- he then let bale run unchallenged and fire the ball in the top corner. Good player overall but he had some stinkers for Scotland like at home to Macedonia when we drew 1 -1 under Levein and there seemed to be a massive hole in our midfield - kenny Miller equalised but prob one of the worst games I’ve been to.

Adam was in strachan a squads at the start. The turning point was that match against Wales when he done a silly foul on bale just inside own half- he then let bale run unchallenged and fire the ball in the top corner. Good player overall but he had some stinkers for Scotland like at home to Macedonia when we drew 1 -1 under Levein and there seemed to be a massive hole in our midfield - kenny Miller equalised but prob one of the worst games I’ve been to.

The Bale thing happened in Levein's reign tho

9 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Yeah with Bardsley too.  Juvenile little p***k.

Was it not Bardsley who knocked out Wayne Rooney, when they were boxing?, or did I dream that

20 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Strachan didn't like him apparently. That's why he never called Adam up.

To be fair, it was probably because he's a fat ride who can barely run.  Brilliant delivery of a ball, don't get me wrong, but I'd imagine he's prefer his players to have some degree of mobility.  

7 minutes ago, forameus said:

To be fair, it was probably because he's a fat ride who can barely run.  Brilliant delivery of a ball, don't get me wrong, but I'd imagine he's prefer his players to have some degree of mobility.  

I wouldn't have had down as starter but his dead ball abilities should at least have had him in most squads.

Just now, gannonball said:

I wouldn't have had down as starter but his dead ball abilities should at least have had him in most squads.

Maybe, but the way we play I'm not sure we can afford that kind of luxury.  If we can get our defence looking a bit more solid, and needing less protection from the midfield, it might be possible.  I'd prefer having 11 players on the pitch who can work hard enough as a unit that we don't need to worry about relying on someone that can hit a dead ball.

Archived