East Fife v Airdrie

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha! Where the f**k did they get that from? It was all Airdrie. East Fife had 3 chances and scored twice!
All Airdrie? Were you even at the game? It was a tight game and Airdrie had the better chances but we were certainly in it! Dry yer eyes and I hope you all have/had a safe trip home. Mon the Fife

We were by far the better side today but goals win games and our scoring record of late is abysmal. We lost two poor goals from our perspective and when the corner was awarded in the last minute I'm sure 90% of us knew the outcome, such is our poor ability at defending set pieces.

The changes today I believe were made to address the game of two halves that we have shown recently. It worked to an extent in bringing on experienced heads on in the second half as the performance was better balanced.

The reason we are struggling in my opinion is the lack of recognised and proven strikers in the side. Carrick is way and above the best attacking player we have but he can't do it alone. Not to be too unkind to Duffy and Russell but they haven't really come up with the goods in the playing time they have had.

Thank good ness we only have three away games left since it has been a miserable season on the road, and hardly inspired at home. Thought we did play some good football but when you can't  defend a simple cross and an even simpler corner with just seconds to go you get what you deserve. So many changes and another system for the new look side to master on a day when winning ugly is the only priority, now looks reckless. The wee beardy guy did more for EF in a sub appearance than Adam Brown in however many minutes he got. The BBC stats look a bit skewed in EF favour but I did not have time to check it and anyway the guy with the lap top behind us won the half time draw so if it was him he might have been paying back the PA women. Would give pass marks to Higgins/Stewart/ Cairns/Carrick but profiglacy in front of goal cost us , as the defence is always liable to fall asleep. It was also absolutely freezing/drizzle under a roof/ and EF have now taken 10-1 advantage this season to put us back in a dog fight at bottom.  Tuesday v Stranraer looks a nightmare as they somehow led by two but lost three to the Rovers. Certainly Forfar and QP still keep losing but I hope our squad and leader knows what lies ahead.

Our playing squad is very strong.   O'Neill, Brownlie, Watt, McIntosh, Duffy and Conroy would, or could,  be in my starting 11 and Hastie, Fry and Rohan wouldn't be far off.

IMO we need to raise our standards and aim higher.  We need fans though the door.  Let's pick our beat team and go kick some posteriors instead of talking about avoiding relegation?

Wee bit of a smash and grab at the end as Airdrie made the best of absolutely brutal conditions in the second-half. There is absolutely no way that they will go down this season.

As for us - a confidence boosting three points; although the players worked hard for each other we struggled in the middle of the park after the break. They don't come much tougher than Alloa away next but in hopefully more benign conditions we can get another positive result to take into the derby on Sunday...

1 hour ago, touchedbymadness said:

Our playing squad is very strong.   O'Neill, Brownlie, Watt, McIntosh, Duffy and Conroy would, or could,  be in my starting 11 and Hastie, Fry and Rohan wouldn't be far off.

IMO we need to raise our standards and aim higher.  We need fans though the door.  Let's pick our beat team and go kick some posteriors instead of talking about avoiding relegation?

Wonder why apart from Watt and McIintosh who were absent completely, the others were only on the bench today, and others were seen more apt to be on the starting eleven, even Adam Brown? I do agree it is a stronger squad but some wrong picks were made today for a slug fest. I am glad that the EF fan thinks we will not go down-lets go and sort that out.

23 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

You do have 2 good managers.  I know their first season is difficult with inherited players and suchlike but they'll improve it next year.   You're not in a bad place.

23 hours ago, Pee Gee said:

Sorry, but we do not have a good Manager. 

As I said...

We've won 2 of the last round of 9 fixtures, beating only the bottom two - QP and Forfar by single goals. Despite signing a bunch of players in January. That is woeful. We've won one more game than Albion Rovers and Forfar all season.

At the start of the season we had all the issues off the park, no manager and a team full of loanees and youth players, so poor results were totally understandable. We now have a squad of about 20 first team players who could all probably make a case for themselves playing each week, yet the results are no better.

Some may look at making 5 changes as 'shaking things up', I see it as not having a clue who your best team is. There is absolutely no way that you should be having to change half your side in mid-March, it's a desperate move. How is a team meant to build up an understanding with that many changes?

4 of our next 6 games are against Alloa x2, Raith and Ayr. I think with all the good will at the club at the moment people are ignoring how poor our results are and the situation that we are sliding into. We should be nowhere near the bottom 2, but are one good run of form from Forfar away from being dragged into it.

Was refreshing to see 2 teams TRYING to play football on the floor as much as the conditions would allow. Not so much of the head tennis we have witnessed in recent games. The usual moans and groans from the stand, but sometimes you just have to sit back and watch what unfolds, and hope you get the breaks, which was exactly what happened yesterday. A little bit karma balancing from our part. Airdrie have improved ten-fold from their last visit, and will probably have a big part in deciding who goes where at the end of the season. Pity the trip to Alloa has reached the level of must win, as I'd have accepted a draw from that fixture any day.

2 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

We've won 2 of the last round of 9 fixtures, beating only the bottom two - QP and Forfar by single goals. Despite signing a bunch of players in January. That is woeful. We've won one more game than Albion Rovers and Forfar all season.

At the start of the season we had all the issues off the park, no manager and a team full of loanees and youth players, so poor results were totally understandable. We now have a squad of about 20 first team players who could all probably make a case for themselves playing each week, yet the results are no better.

Some may look at making 5 changes as 'shaking things up', I see it as not having a clue who your best team is. There is absolutely no way that you should be having to change half your side in mid-March, it's a desperate move. How is a team meant to build up an understanding with that many changes?

4 of our next 6 games are against Alloa x2, Raith and Ayr. I think with all the good will at the club at the moment people are ignoring how poor our results are and the situation that we are sliding into. We should be nowhere near the bottom 2, but are one good run of form from Forfar away from being dragged into it.

Won 2, lost 4 and drawn 1 since the takeover.   

We only lost Willis but have signed 6 players - Muir, Higgins, R Brown, Carrick, Duffy and O'Neill.    The managers plus Muir, R Brown, Carrick, Stewart, Edwards, Russell, McDonald, Conroy and Cairns already have security of longer deals.  

Its about time they start getting bums back on seats and stop lowering expectations.

Archived