Stuck in Dundee tomorrow

haufdaft

“Stuck” in Dundee?? 

Cheeky b*****d! 

Anyway, 2 superleague games to pick from. Broughty vs Kennoway, wee bit out of the city centre and poor set up (no cover, minimal hard standing) but 5 minute walk down Claypotts Road to some of the best pubs in town afterwards. Lochee vs Broxburn probably the pick of the games from a football point of view, especially considering Broxburn’s form. 

In the Premier Downfield vs Dunbar, not mouthwatering perhaps but a decent set up and a good social club on site (Jim Kelly  is however the chairman of Lochee Harp, who are currently groundsharing with Downfield). Tayport, even though not in Dundee only a short bus trip away may well be the best bet to be on out of all the games.

Remarkably, no local games in the North League following the early postponement of Violet vs Harp. It may have been my pick tomorrow too, especially for a visitor, despite neither side being particularly strong at the moment. 2 historic sides (and the Harp are a lot of people’s 2nd favourite team), a local derby and walking distance (just) from the city centre. 

5 hours ago, haufdaft said:

As title says I'm in Dundee tomorrow all day with nothing to do. Are there any junior games nearby to help me pass my time?

8) Ye could be stuck in worse places big yin, get yersel up tae Broughty, nice part of town. I was hoping tae get up tae Fauldhoose but it's off already. Enjoy your day ......

29 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Thanks for all the advice.
I'm in Dundee now and will decide which match later.
The most pressing consideration will be what's the best ground to keep dry.

Please let us know that  you get away safely.........our thoughts are with you at this dark time

Archived