Who Chose That? Stevie Wonder?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

You've got to worry when the St Mirren fans aren't even nominating this as their worst:

Do pay attention, two worse efforts than that have already been posted.

I think the change kit from the "bib" season was actually worse.

away87-88.jpg.w180h343.jpg

I can't believe it's not been put up yet, but here's the winner. Modelled by our second best winger that season.

The rumour is that Chairman George Fulston's daughter designed it. When Alex Totten took over at New Year, he binned it straight away and we wore the red/blue thin stripes top for the rest of a dreadful season. A season which was saved by a wonderful, heartstopping cup run, and cruelly denied by an evil, corrupt and positively heinous refereeing decision in the final.

Fun fact: I had my first date with my wife that very evening.

Capture.JPG

These two efforts are horrific, especially the white and peach/orange effort, no idea who thought that was a good idea. 
6F9B79E3-0115-41AE-A683-5D38B890C81A.thumb.jpeg.164ae59ea55b141a242e5409ce42f8db.jpeg
77DDDF64-83A6-4BD6-8AF2-8D2E00D77AAC.thumb.jpeg.c328623d281f60deddc563e9412a611a.jpeg

Agreed with the white and peach number but the "deckchair" is a personal favourite of mine....still have it.

On 10/03/2018 at 08:08, Stu said:

BHABV7RCUAA6Xbx.jpg

Seemingly opposition players were laughing at us in the tunnel.

This one was mentioned earlier in the thread. Can't find a better picture. I like it and still have it (well, my big brother's one which fits me now).

A1993-94.jpg

Cheers Stu, I couldn't find a decent enough pic of the 'paint run' one earlier!

Although I've got to disagree about 'the bib', I loved that shirt. First home shirt I had, and apart from the thin stripes (would look better in thicker stripes) was smart as a carrot!

On 3/11/2018 at 08:43, Hedgecutter said:

You've got to worry when the St Mirren fans aren't even nominating this as their worst:

That's nowhere near the worst. It wasn't a terrible strip and a nice idea although it didn't work all that well. What was more galling was the decent strip the yellow covered up- it was the year of the Wylde strip. 

Our fans hate yellow strips, although I thought the one we had back in 13/14 was a belter and far better than the orange and blue efforts we get. 

The current away top is horrible and seems to have been ditched by the club. Last time we used it? 4-1 horsing from Livi....

st-mirren-2.JPG

1277571655f8b8674ab8fa928e68e50d--football-t-shirts-athletic.jpg
:yucky

I'm not actually sure that's the worst. I give you the Traffic Sign kit made by le Coq Sportif and modelled by Andy Smith.
z358kc

Squares of grey and black, some (but only some) of which had red triangles. I'm sure at the time it was the most expensive club shirt in Britain too - I think it went for £44.99 when most were still £39.99.

On 10/03/2018 at 10:45, D.A.F.C said:

It's not horrible just feel it's nothing to do with our traditional colours. Saying that one of my favourite tops was this.

http://caledonianmercury.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Dunfermiline-Athletic-Away-Strip-Cropped.jpg

In hindsight it's actually an alright top I suppose, I just can't help but associate it with what was a horrible time to support the club. 

On 11/03/2018 at 06:44, hedgeman83 said:

This one is pretty horrible from last season IMG_20180311_064213.jpg

I like that, it's quite nice. 

12 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm not actually sure that's the worst. I give you the Traffic Sign kit made by le Coq Sportif and modelled by Andy Smith.
z358kc

Squares of grey and black, some (but only some) of which had red triangles. I'm sure at the time it was the most expensive club shirt in Britain too - I think it went for £44.99 when most were still £39.99.

I didn't mind that one too much as we had some cracking days in it. Big Ivo here looking magnificent:

9693438854_22fc9d485a.jpg

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

In hindsight it's actually an alright top I suppose, I just can't help but associate it with what was a horrible time to support the club. 

I like that, it's quite nice. 

I agree, the Brechin strip is very smart indeed.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I didn't mind that one too much as we had some cracking days in it. Big Ivo here looking magnificent:

9693438854_22fc9d485a.jpg

I owned that shirt during my early years in the Kingdom (might be same season as the blue and red quadrants away kit that I also had?) .  Still think it's pretty ace!  :thumsup2

Eta:  Ivo doing a 'Simmy' there?

7 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I owned that shirt during my early years in the Kingdom (might be same season as the blue and red quadrants away kit that I also had?) .  Still think it's pretty ace!  :thumsup2

Eta:  Ivo doing a 'Simmy' there?

It was certainly around that time. We wore it the season before but not sure if we kept it for that next season in the Premier. My first exposure to Ivo was a friendly against West Ham. My pal and I got in just after KO and missed the lineups etc. We were astonished at the work Norrie McCathie had put in during preseason as he was now skipping down the wing beating people with ease (turned out it was Ivo, not Norrie). 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

It was certainly around that time. We wore it the season before but not sure if we kept it for that next season in the Premier. 

I have a strong feeling that they unusually kept the Matchwinner supplied away shirt whilst having the LCS home one (getting away with it as the Landmark sponsor remained identical).

Before that was the purple and green vertical stripes effort below (I'm still unsure about whether it's nice or not, by '90s standards anyway) and after the aforementioned quartered strip I can only recall the purple / gold Avec away strips, i.e.  no LCS away shirt inbetween.

1993-1994-dunfermline-athletic-adults-xl

My nomination for the worst Pars away kit though:

dunfermline-athletic-10-11-puma-kits.jpg

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I have a strong feeling that they unusually kept the Matchwinner supplied away shirt whilst having the LCS home one (getting away with it as the Landmark sponsor remained identical).

Before that was the purple and green vertical stripes effort below (I'm still unsure about whether it's nice or not, by '90s standards anyway) and after the aforementioned quartered strip I can only recall the purple / gold Avec away strips, i.e.  no LCS away shirt inbetween.

1993-1994-dunfermline-athletic-adults-xl

It is/was scanned in somewhere on P&B.. there was a magazine (442?) feature with Jimmy Hill one summer where he chose his favourite strips from around the leagues of the UK. He was modelling that green and purple effort - proper full kit on. Gruesome sight. 

Archived