Who Chose That? Stevie Wonder?

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

This one was mentioned earlier in the thread. Can't find a better picture. I like it and still have it (well, my big brother's one which fits me now).

A1993-94.jpg

We had a turquoise version of that in 1993 when we first wore the blue tartan. Aside from a couple of sky blue efforts, it was our first venture away from yellow in decades.

I am probably the only one who liked it.

5aa39650c62d4_11.93-94Away.thumb.JPG.1bbfec9ebfc5524ef9ed7dcd4f79be69.JPG

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, peasy23 said:
17 hours ago, Scosha said:

960DE5DB-8D9C-433E-8DC1-5283430A8BDF.jpeg.f71c4fca880d50bfe9d0321cb0e2bdd6.jpeg

Looks as if they were running out of blue dye when they were making the material.

Yeah, it's absolutely horrific. Everyone was fine with the fan vote idea when it was first introduced because it saved us from the Nike catalogue effort shown earlier in the thread, but as it's progressed to fan designing and voting rather than the club producing designs to be voted on we've ended up with a pile of terrible options from people trying to design something 'different' and just creating something horrible.

A normal blue and white hoops design would wipe the floor with every option which made it to the final four this time, which is why the club should revert to producing the designs themselves.

Yeah, it's absolutely horrific. Everyone was fine with the fan vote idea when it was first introduced because it saved us from the Nike catalogue effort shown earlier in the thread, but as it's progressed to fan designing and voting rather than the club producing designs to be voted on we've ended up with a pile of terrible options from people trying to design something 'different' and just creating something horrible.
A normal blue and white hoops design would wipe the floor with every option which made it to the final four this time, which is why the club should revert to producing the designs themselves.

But it was the club who chose the final 12. Which means they probably liked those options. There was no doubt many standard hooped entries that they overlooked.

What's to say their choices, if designed themselves, would be any better?

Nah not having that, love that top. Would love to own it.

That and the home kit from 99/00 are ones I'd love.  

It's not horrible just feel it's nothing to do with our traditional colours. Saying that one of my favourite tops was this.

http://caledonianmercury.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Dunfermiline-Athletic-Away-Strip-Cropped.jpg

Our worst one in recent years wasn't exactly an eye-sore, it was just an unbelievably dull shirt. Both home and away. I can't find a picture of the home one but just imagine the colour of the writing and jersey reversed. Awful.

football_shirt_30874_1_110x110x1.jpg

As for other clubs, I really disliked this one of Morton's. Ironically, the one we had that year was our latest dreadful one imo. Being completely ripped to shreds by Morton while in that jersey adds an extra feeling of hate [emoji38]

Morton.jpg

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Our worst one in recent years wasn't exactly an eye-sore, it was just an unbelievably dull shirt. Both home and away. I can't find a picture of the home one but just imagine the colour of the writing and jersey reversed. Awful.

football_shirt_30874_1_110x110x1.jpg

As for other clubs, I really disliked this one of Morton's. Ironically, the one we had that year was our latest dreadful one imo. Being completely ripped to shreds by Morton while in that jersey adds an extra feeling of hate emoji38.png

Morton.jpg

The one we only wore once, in beating Aberdeen in the semi-final, was also hideous.

On 09/03/2018 at 10:39, JimmyMirren said:

Saints have had some howlers over the years...the 'paint run strip' from 1993, and the bright yellow abortions from a few years ago...but nothing has a patch on this ugly monstrosity. Prone to accidentally setting off the self-scans in Asda, and responsible for several cases of epilepsy being diagnosed in Paisley that year; this fit-inducing shirt had such an ill effect on our players that we managed to get ourselves relegated from the Premiership.

Somehow, even after the disastrous sales of this abomination, JD secured an extension to their contract to provide kits and sponsorship to the club. Thankfully they had now been 'relieved' of that contract following late delivery of the kits in 2016-17.

Please look away if of a sensitive disposition!

st-mirren-14-15-carbrini-home-football-shirt.jpg

Oh the humanity. . . 

a picture of Greg Wylde in any kind of St Mirren shirt gives me the horrors. 

11 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

I genuinely love this shirt now, would buy.

This has got to be up there however...

IMG_3227.jpg

When deciding on someone to model the new kit, who the f**k chose Willo Flood?

Hated this top at the time and hate it even more now.

image.png.96d67faa59d166966a956915539a823e.png

This shoulder top is also a bit of a nick:

image.thumb.png.2857ed2f6996cc188b186b57797fa6d8.png

On 09/03/2018 at 14:54, Scosha said:

Our new home top for next season is an absolute howler IMO.  

Agreed.

Archived