Who Chose That? Stevie Wonder?

Shamelessly stolen from the juniors (of all places), lets have a thread for the worst kit you've seen your club in. I'm going to give a home and away worst kit but that's not mandatory for all.

HOME:

Image result for Kevin nicol dumbarton

An off the shelf Surridge effort which was surely chosen in around 0.5 seconds.  Awful design, awful quality, big baggy tops and shorts that looked like parachutes and the worst of all, that fucking sponsor. Big Kevin Nicol's facial expression was pretty much the reaction of the home support when this fucker was unveiled. It seemed to be a lesson learned in terms of home kits for the club as we seriously upped our game after this. We won the play-offs in that fucking thing too.

AWAY:

IMG_3495-(1024x723).jpg&mode=gallery

The top itself isn't the worst, it looks too training top-like for me, but fucking hell - those socks.  As the teams walked out at Starks on the opening day the entire stadium collectively asked "are they wearing tights?".  One game they lasted before we reverted to black socks. I don't think we won a game wearing that kit.

I've probably erased some absolute stinkers from my memory but I'm sure other Sons fans will refresh that.  Show us your worst.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly hate that Surridge kit so much it’s not even funny. The colour is rank. The sponsor is awful. It’s horribly baggy. The badge is in the wrong place.

Honest to Christ, I think it’s the worst football shirt in the world. A real shame that so many good memories are associated with it. It doesn’t deserve to have been successful.

Handsome bloke in it mind you.

Saints have had some howlers over the years...the 'paint run strip' from 1993, and the bright yellow abortions from a few years ago...but nothing has a patch on this ugly monstrosity. Prone to accidentally setting off the self-scans in Asda, and responsible for several cases of epilepsy being diagnosed in Paisley that year; this fit-inducing shirt had such an ill effect on our players that we managed to get ourselves relegated from the Premiership.

Somehow, even after the disastrous sales of this abomination, JD secured an extension to their contract to provide kits and sponsorship to the club. Thankfully they had now been 'relieved' of that contract following late delivery of the kits in 2016-17.

Please look away if of a sensitive disposition!

st-mirren-14-15-carbrini-home-football-shirt.jpg

3 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

dumbarton should always stick to the predominantly white with gold and black band , those all yellow numbers are horrid

We've had several decent gold shirts to be fair. They are/were our traditional colours.

I do like the white with black & gold band myself though.

Avatar1499632583.453133.thumb.jpg.6cc3002e6649de5b89212ea4ea984656.jpg

images.png

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Shamelessly stolen from the juniors (of all places), lets have a thread for the worst kit you've seen your club in. I'm going to give a home and away worst kit but that's not mandatory for all.

When you have started to steal ideas from the Junior forum then you know that your time on the board is up. You are only a few more posts from Dryhorce or PCCabe territory.

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

When you have started to steal ideas from the Junior forum then you know that your time on the board is up. You are only a few more posts from Dryhorce or PCCabe territory.

I've had a good innings. I'll remember my time here fondly.

Image result for morton kit 2016

The absolute shanner that the club tried to peddle at the start of last season, only to met with a unanimous cry of 'get it in the sea'. 

Followed by a fan vote that selected our current and much improved strip (though not my first choice), as modelled here by Sir Gavin Gunning:

Related image

The staff member responsible for picking the original kit parted ways with the club soon afterwards, presumably using some sort of lever to prise him/her out of the door. 

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

The absolute shanner that the club tried to peddle at the start of last season, only to met with a unanimous cry of 'get it in the sea'. 

Followed by a fan vote that selected our current and much improved strip (though not my first choice), as modelled here by Sir Gavin Gunning:

The staff member responsible for picking the original kit parted ways with the club soon afterwards, presumably using some sort of lever to prise him/her out of the door. 

Hilarious, but completely unsurprising, that the person who gave the thumbs up for that kit actually thought people would buy it. £45 for a blue nike top with glued-on badges and sponsors :lol: 

Archived