Eticket System Survey

Sorry to be a pain, but for my honours project I'm developing a system where lower league clubs in Scotland can purchase tickets online for games instead of paying at the gate. 

I've done a survey which would be a massive help if you could fill out, it won't take long to do.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/KT7DH55

There's a description of how it would work in the survey, but it would essentially work by paying online, getting an eticket emailed which would have a QR code.

Thanks for filling it out if you do :)

My immediate reaction would be against this proposal. My 2 main reasons were:

1) Expense of installing readers
2) Tickets should only be required for 'all-ticket' games. In those situations, most clubs offer priority schemes. How would this proposal address this matter? In addition, what safeguards would be in place to stop touts making bulk purchases of tickets for desirable matches?

I would love to just buy tickets for the month's games when I get paid, but don't think it would be helpful to clubs, just as is with added costs. 

My immediate reaction would be against this proposal. My 2 main reasons were:
1) Expense of installing readers
2) Tickets should only be required for 'all-ticket' games. In those situations, most clubs offer priority schemes. How would this proposal address this matter? In addition, what safeguards would be in place to stop touts making bulk purchases of tickets for desirable matches?

I'm not entirely sure there's many touts targetting Scottish lower league football tbh. Even the most desirable of desirable matches.

On 08/03/2018 at 21:07, itzdrk said:

I would love to just buy tickets for the month's games when I get paid, but don't think it would be helpful to clubs, just as is with added costs. 

Do you think this would go smoothly at AUFC Derek?

7 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Do you think this would go smoothly at AUFC Derek?

I think like everything at AUFC it would be a grand laugh but be fine quickly. 

25 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think like everything at AUFC it would be a grand laugh but be fine quickly. 

I was just imagining you outside remonstrating at 10 past 3 every week.

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I was just imagining you outside remonstrating at 10 past 3 every week.

That's finishing my last drink in the Wallace time 

Done. This practice is standard at most events I attend, from concerts to lectures, and there's no reason why Scottish football should remain stuck with paper and coins. At the moment I'm not sure it's even possible to pay at the gate at Airdrie with a card, I've never seen anyone do it. And try telling a millenial "sorry, we only accept cash".

As a benefit, it would reduce the amount of change float that clubs need to carry, as few charge a round 15 or 20 quid. Especially with few banks open on a Saturday to collect the float or deposit takings.

Just another step to becoming a 21st century sport.

Archived