BBC bias

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Just to be completely clear, the criticism from Police groups is more to do with the fact they’ve created legislation which really would require in person training and the government has defunded the police to the extent that this cant be done. The Scottish Police Federation doesnt object to legislation being put in place to deal with hate crime, simply the delivery is poor. I dont see it having any impact on free speech in any way really. 

I listened to the phone-in and was a bit disappointed.  The question that should have been asked of those opposed to the Act was 'what view, (or subject matter or approach to it) is it that you think you could have said yesterday without breaking the law that you think you can't say today?"

(Not looking for P&Bers to incriminate themselves in replies to this, btw.)

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I listened to the phone-in and was a bit disappointed.  The question that should have been asked of those opposed to the Act was 'what view, (or subject matter or approach to it) is it that you think you could have said yesterday without breaking the law that you think you can't say today?"

(Not looking for P&Bers to incriminate themselves in replies to this, btw.)

Generation Woke will not be allowed to say the word 'boomer'.

Hate word against a certain age group.

26 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Just to be completely clear, the criticism from Police groups is more to do with the fact they’ve created legislation which really would require in person training and the government has defunded the police to the extent that this cant be done. The Scottish Police Federation doesnt object to legislation being put in place to deal with hate crime, simply the delivery is poor. I dont see it having any impact on free speech in any way really. 

Yep, and I certainly wasnt having a pop at your guys - extra work when you have fewer resources is unhelpful to say the least........

My thing was more how the good old Beeb was editorialising the issue and then reusing specific parts in later editions.

The part I mention above re "chilling of free speech" was actually a direct lift by the BBC from The Guardians comment today.........and if they read it properly it related to English Laws !!

23 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Yep, and I certainly wasnt having a pop at your guys - extra work when you have fewer resources is unhelpful to say the least........

My thing was more how the good old Beeb was editorialising the issue and then reusing specific parts in later editions.

The part I mention above re "chilling of free speech" was actually a direct lift by the BBC from The Guardians comment today.........and if they read it properly it related to English Laws !!

Oh no i agree, they heavily edited a video of David Kennedy and it appears to give a slant that they oppose the act, which isnt in any way what the actual rhetoric was. 
i was just trying to be clear here as theres obviously folks who just want to be outraged all the time. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

Regardless how many BBC  views and broadcasts discussed over the years on this thread pose yea's and nay's for the public funded BBC it cannot be disregarded that it is used used by westminster and the tories as a propaganda tool.

We must be the only taxpayers in the world who pay a licence for a public broadcaster which is then manipulated by whatever government is in power, we must be nuts.

On 01/04/2024 at 10:48, SlipperyP said:

Generation Woke will not be allowed to say the word 'boomer'.

Hate word against a certain age group.

And utterly dreadful patter. If the legislation can have some positive effects, then this might be it.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Reporting Scotland yesterday and they covered the story of the Rectum of Glasgow Uni's inaugural address, describing it frequently as "controversial" and that there had been complaints about "hate speech" as he had accused Israel of genocide and then quoted Bobby Sands. 

It was really poor reporting and needlessly sensationalist. Most people now see it as a genocide and the lad in question has worked all across the middle east in war ravaged places, including Gaza. It's also Glasgow fucking Uni, so his election is entirely on trend for that student body.

Quoting Bobby Sands was ill advised, especially without referencing his apparent need of deep fried poultry, but the rest was fine. 

The BBC trying to shape opinion on the massacre (called a "conflict") is disappointing but not surprising. Seeing the Scottish lot do it too felt very odd.

Ann McAlpine and her delicious Lewis accent are entirely welcome to return to my screen though. 

Reporting Scotland last night and the small section that BBC Scotland gets on Breakfast this morning full of anti Scottish Government reporting.

The BBC are no longer being diplomatic in their anti SNP propaganda but now going, as per westminster paymasters telling them, full tilt at our Government.

The sooner we are independent and rid of the BBC the better off our country will be.

It's been like that since the referendum in 2014, Sandy.  It's a Unionist corporation so it stands to reason that it's employees will be, in the vast majority, Scottish Unionists.  Certainly the editors appear to be.

On 18/04/2024 at 14:21, TheScarf said:

It's been like that since the referendum in 2014, Sandy.  It's a Unionist corporation so it stands to reason that it's employees will be, in the vast majority, Scottish Unionists.  Certainly the editors appear to be.

Absolutely, but the blatant fifth column anti Scottish Government reporting by the Scottish taxpayer funded BBC is surely a violation of BBC professed impartial broadcasting and it needs to be harnessed. To report on any Governments failings is a fair issue but to suggest criminal failings to suit the unionist movement is criminal.

E