BBC bias

Is anyone going to tell welshbairn about yesterday's hilariously blatant SNP smear the BBC conducted yesterday, as they do most days?   Or is he better to be allowed to live in blissful delusion that the BBC wouldn't lie cause reasons?

If anyone has stats on how many foi requests the BBC has sent to Scottish health boards in a literally daily quest to desperately manufacture SNP bad stories, compared to how many they submitted when labour were in power, that would be very enlightening too.

9 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Is anyone going to tell welshbairn about yesterday's hilariously blatant SNP smear the BBC conducted yesterday, as they do most days?   Or is he better to be allowed to live in blissful delusion that the BBC wouldn't lie cause reasons?

If anyone has stats on how many foi requests the BBC has sent to Scottish health boards in a literally daily quest to desperately manufacture SNP bad stories, compared to how many they submitted when labour were in power, that would be very enlightening too.

Why don't you tell me Peppino, maybe providing a link?

21 minutes ago, RiG said:

Evil biased BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35667939

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35983715

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35559629

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35200033

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-34063380

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-33797280

Loads more where they come from. Must have a vandetta against the Tories too. I assume they send duplicate FOI requests to every NHS authority in the UK.

Edited by welshbairn

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Indeed. From the piece I linked above the BBC submitted, on average, one FoI request a fortnight. It is quite a lot but I don't see how it amounts to any kind of bias.

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

Indeed. From the piece I linked above the BBC submitted, on average, one FoI request a fortnight. It is quite a lot but I don't see how it amounts to any kind of bias.

Seems to be some frantic activity after 2014

Year

Number of FOI requests to ScotGov
2008 8
2009 3
2010 8
2011 2
2012 0
2013 1
2014 2
2015 13
2016 20
2017 (to 19 Dec)

13 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Seems to be some frantic activity after 2014

Year

Number of FOI requests to ScotGov
2008 8
2009 3
2010 8
2011 2
2012 0
2013 1
2014 2
2015 13
2016 20
2017 (to 19 Dec)

Less than I would have expected though. I bet there are far more requests to Westminster. It would have been more indicative of bias if there had been a big surge leading up to the referendum. Maybe they've just decided to use FOI's more often in their journalism generally.

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Less than I would have expected though. I bet there are far more requests to Westminster. It would have been more indicative of bias if there had been a big surge leading up to the referendum. Maybe they've just decided to use FOI's more often in their journalism generally.

That's just Scottish Govt, doesn't include FOIs to councils, NHS trusts, etc.

Yesterday on Gms they had a labour MSP on to discuss customer dissatisfaction with busses.

Humza yousaf was on a train at the time.  He offered to be interviewed via Skype, as he has done very successfully many times.  The BBC said no.  The same BBC then said during their piece yousaf couldn't be on the show as he was travelling (which we know to be a quite outrageous lie), thus making him look bad and giving labour MSP free reign to criticise the SNP.  

If you want a link go read humza Twitter.

You also have not one but two separate presenters on two separate bulletins repeating the same lie about sturgeon three days ago.  Then claiming it was an innocent mistake in response to complaints.

If anybody says the BBC aren't actively trying to smear the SNP every day and prevent independence I lose all respect for them.  You'd have to be wilfully ignorant not to see it.

14 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Yesterday on Gms they had a labour MSP on to discuss customer dissatisfaction with busses.

Humza yousaf was on a train at the time.  He offered to be interviewed via Skype, as he has done very successfully many times.  The BBC said no.  The same BBC then said during their piece yousaf couldn't be on the show as he was travelling (which we know to be a quite outrageous lie), thus making him look bad and giving labour MSP free reign to criticise the SNP.  

If you want a link go read humza Twitter.

If you think you can depend on a reliable skype signal on Scotrail, you can't have been on the trains much.

Is Welsh bairn a closet tory

5 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You also have not one but two separate presenters on two separate bulletins repeating the same lie about sturgeon three days ago.  Then claiming it was an innocent mistake in response to complaints.

If anybody says the BBC aren't actively trying to smear the SNP every day and prevent independence I lose all respect for them.  You'd have to be wilfully ignorant not to see it.

It was made clear on both broadcasts that Sturgeon had blamed the firms for sending the drivers out. It's hardly a slur on her to say that she said the drivers shouldn't have gone out in those conditions. It's pedantic nit picking desperate to find offence.

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Is Welsh bairn a closet tory

No good guy just incredibly naive.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It was made clear on both broadcasts that Sturgeon had blamed the firms for sending the drivers out. It's hardly a slur on her to say that she said the drivers shouldn't have gone out in those conditions. It's pedantic nit picking desperate to find offence.

Oh I see so when she specifically said she wasn't criticising HGV drivers and they explicitly (twice) said she had that was just unfortunate was it.

Btw do you want to make an offer on this bridge?