Killie v Ross County

The Steve Clarke Juggernaut are #totesflames.  Every one of us is on fire.  We're dead certs for the top six and currently playing the sexiest football in the country, resulting in 8 wins out of the last 9 home games.

County are at the foot of the table with an new manager.

This can only mean one thing.  A win for County.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Fide said:

The Steve Clarke Juggernaut are #totesflames.  Every one of us is on fire.  We're dead certs for the top six and currently playing the sexiest football in the country, resulting in 8 wins out of the last 9 games.

County are at the foot of the table with an new manager.

*8 wins in our last 9 home games.

Massive game on Saturday. At home to the worst team in the league, who have just appointed a new manager - always a worry that they'll have that "new manager bounce" and it seems he has a decent enough pedigree given that he took their Development League team to the title last season.

I'd still predict a comfortable win for us. If I were to make any changes, it would just be Mulumbu (if fit) coming back in for Tshibola. The Erwin/Brophy debate is a tough one, but I think I'd stick with big Lee.

49 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

If I were to make any changes, it would just be Mulumbu (if fit) coming back in for Tshibola. The Erwin/Brophy debate is a tough one, but I think I'd stick with big Lee.

I think he may start with the 2 of them and give Boyd a rest before next Tuesday's game.

I have a weird feeling about this, Killie have been on fire as of late and we've been absolutely dreadful. But I have a strange amount of confidence in Ketts to turn this team around. I'd happily take a draw but have a funny feeling we might get more.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Erwin and Brophy start - if there's an ideal game to try that out then this is probably the one. Tshibola needs to be a bit less casual on Saturday if he's to play - thought he was the only player who wasn't all that good last night.

3 hours ago, Fide said:

This is of course the ingrained "when will the bubble burst" attitude.  I am still leaning towards this attitude but its changing.  

Home win, 16-1 (thats not odds)

I'd imagine we'll send out a weakened team for this one, save our better players for the #TB4 encounter on Tuesday.

Hopefully another comfortable 2-0 victory, but this time with more ear-cupping.

Any County supporter want to have a guess at the line-up?  Kettlewell & Ferguson have a clean slate, and with such a large first team pool now it could be anyone.

Tansey is probably out for the season now.  McCarey, Kait (who went off with concussion), Lindsay and Mckay (both taken off at ~60 mins) played for the 20s on Tuesday, so I doubt any of those will be starting.

That still leaves Davies to come back into the team and Melbourne to make his debut in defence; Draper to come back into the fold in midfield; and Eagles to be in contention for a wide/attacking position, if and when he is fit again (but the sounds from Coyle before he resigned were that Eagles wouldn't be too far away I think).

I wouldn't like to guess.  I've seen Kettlewell use a back three once for the 20s team, and he might have used it more often than that.  I think it will be a more straight-forward formation in the first instance, but with Davies, Fraser, Souttar and Fontaine all available there could be a temptation to use a back three.

What a tremendous job Clarke has done for Killie.

At the recent Hibs-County game Dev Game Ketts started with a 4231, Hibs dominated early second half so we went back 3 for last quarter and were much better.
I rarely see Dev games, but i get the impression he/they were quite flexible with the two options.

Really would have preferred an easier match for Ketts' and Fergie's first game, although last time we were there we were unlucky not to shit-fest our way to a draw (rescinded the red card, but obviously not the late penalty).
A battling defeat would be an improvement on our last game, against St Johnstone.  
Meh.  Pretty low expectations.
Can't wait for our bubble of shit to burst, leaving Hamilton/Partick/any c**t else to deal with the results.

Can't make this one due to family reasons, but I'm hopeful we can get something without any real justification. I've not seen enough of the development side to hazard a guess with what we'll play.

Archived