Bonnyrigg Rose should they stay or should they go...

Unknown Fan

4 hours ago, lithgierose said:

:lol: em naw.just at ours,its members only.

For your information..Lithgierose....Bonnyrigg does not have a category called a MEMBER..of the club.....used too ...but that died in 1978..and has never been revived..which is a pity because supporters who bought annual membership felt the club was theirs.....now we have only the opaque criteria listed as per new constitution.for attending meetings..and if you meet it ...on production of the relevant card.......you have a vote on any topic that comes to a vote.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

That's only if other clubs don't follow. If Bonnyrigg move next season at least they'll have games against Dalkeith in the EoS, and it might also encourage other East Junior clubs to move across.

You are winding us up with the suggestion that playing Dalkeith next season is a bonus if we join .rather than staying and playing the quality teams in the Super League or even the best in the Premier League...If that's the best on offer...supporters will disappear.. like....the proverbial ..SNAW OAF A DYKE..in droves...believe me...finally......will the present players stay to play in the new setup....or again as posted on another thread... are they going to be offered bigger financial inducements than they have at the moment to stay...??

You are winding us up with the suggestion that playing Dalkeith next season is a bonus if we join .rather than staying and playing the quality teams in the Super League or even the best in the Premier League...If that's the best on offer...supporters will disappear.. like....the proverbial ..SNAW OAF A DYKE..in droves...believe me...finally......will the present players stay to play in the new setup....or again as posted on another thread... are they going to be offered bigger financial inducements than they have at the moment to stay...??
I think that Thompson was the only player that Kelty lost so no reason to think that there would be anything other than the usual turnover of players, there would be less travelling in the EoS which would soften it a bit too.

Linlithgow and Bo'ness will move on at some point too so I agree with the previous poster about being proactive. Games against Preston and Dalkeith would be decent as would games against more technical but poorly supported teams like Hutchy and Leith, add in a couple more junior's and it would be tolerable playing at that level for 1-2 years.

The sooner out that league the better though and the LL as it is will be a similar standard to the east junior's. Add in Cowdenbeath, Bo'ness and Clydebank etc and it will be the place to be.

From KEFC's posts there is £10k ground improvement fund open to EoS teams that could pay for an enclosure for wheelchair users. A minimum of £10k in licensing payments and a small Scottish cup run that could pay for a small enclosure on the far side and would allow for some segregation if ever needed. A good Scottish cup run could pay for a stand! I think the clubs you mention as current rivals would likely find the same level as us again and there is more to be gained by moving then by staying put

7 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

Why should I believe you? Why would staying in a dying structure that clubs are already leaving be better for the Big Rose than moving the club forward in the Scottish football structure?

8 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

B57..you seem to be well informed of what is to be tabled on the 21st....and seem to have been convinced by your source that it is the only way to for the club to go with the added bonus of the prospect of playing Dalkeith in the EoS and  that is a better carrot than playing the likes of quality teams like Linlithgow..,Boness or Penicuik...and the better teams in Fife and Tayside....The lure of automatic entry into the Big Scottish seems to colour a lot of fans judgement on the issue.....They seem to think that we will have a run like the last time and make mega bucks......which colours the gamble the club will take......So is it all about money..and has your source advised you whether the clubs two main Sugar Daddies are 100% behind the anticipated proposals and recommendations going to be put forward at the EGM........Finally..if its such a must for East junior clubs why isn't the most successful  club    with the best facilities on and off the park ..in the East..not leading the charge on this one.......they have met all the criteria for entry.

You don't need the big run in the Scottish. I could be wrong but the SFA pay their member clubs subsidies?

Who are the clubs sugar daddies you refer to? 

7 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

There's another thread on here where there are concerns the better players in the west will go LL why wouldn't that happen in the East? 

Your club if I recall made front page headlines in the Midlothian Advertiser not that long ago against any proposals. I wonder what's changed to call an EGM :whistle

The LL came in under a huge amount of controversy but like it or not the SFA pyramid system  is getting stronger by the day. 

30 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Ok If Bonnyrigg don’t want to go to the seniors then they should be banned from ever playing in the real Scottish Cup

Only fair

Did bonnyrigg or the sfa decide on the rules for junior clubs entry to the sfa cup.

10 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

If that's the best on offer...supporters will disappear.. like....the proverbial ..SNAW OAF A DYKE..in droves...believe me...

Kelty's haven't, are you saying Bonnyrigg's support are a lot more fickle?  and you seem to forget that the standard of opposition currently in the EoS is irrelevant, you need to take the long term view that your club will be in the LL within a season or two and maybe even an SPFL club longer term, plus yearly participation in the Scottish Cup.  Other Junior clubs will most definitely follow you anyway, and in 5 years time we'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

You don't need the big run in the Scottish. I could be wrong but the SFA pay their member clubs subsidies?

Who are the clubs sugar daddies you refer to? 

There's another thread on here where there are concerns the better players in the west will go LL why wouldn't that happen in the East? 

Your club if I recall made front page headlines in the Midlothian Advertiser not that long ago against any proposals. I wonder what's changed to call an EGM :whistle

The LL came in under a huge amount of controversy but like it or not the SFA pyramid system  is getting stronger by the day. 

The Bonnyrigg official website tells you who the two  Principal sponsors are and the boards round the park are companies from yester year who were regular sponsors and are now just stadium window dressing.....Individuals can sponsor players but that's as far as it goes now..I am afraid.....Hope this clears the point you raised......You are right that the club poo pood Kelty,s move last season.....whats changed somebody posted that there is big bucks available from the SFA.....THAT FOR ME SAYS IT ALL.

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

Did bonnyrigg or the sfa decide on the rules for junior clubs entry to the sfa cup.

You know the answer to that one without me telling you..and as a personal point of view ...only full members of the SFA should get to compete in the William Hills and juniors unless they are full members should not get that option.....It was a novelty when introduced and has paid off handsomely for the participants but it is not fare to the clubs paying their dues each year.

15 hours ago, BS7 said:

I'd seriously think about moving if I got a vote, which I think I don't. I think theres an inevitability of whats coming....best to be at the forefront rather than following on.

If you meet the constitutions criteria you will get a vote....or the Chairperson invites you......its that easy......Regarding the EGM...I would think that if this is the subject matter then those attending will be given the clubs proposals...with their reasoning..and conclusion in the form of an Agenda paper to digest before any discussion on the proposals take place..this will make for a reasonably orderly meeting with the chairman remaining neutral till the conclusion and summing up the discussion before a vote is taken...I would expect one of our other Officials to make the Clubs presentation......and then  progress to the finality with a ballot.....Maybe looking for two much ..do you think.

50 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

You know the answer to that one without me telling you..and as a personal point of view ...only full members of the SFA should get to compete in the William Hills and juniors unless they are full members should not get that option.....It was a novelty when introduced and has paid off handsomely for the participants but it is not fare to the clubs paying their dues each year.

Still is not the fault of the junior clubs who get to participate in the sfa cup.do you think the junior clubs should just say thanks for the offer,but no thanks.

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

Still is not the fault of the junior clubs who get to participate in the sfa cup.do you think the junior clubs should just say thanks for the offer,but no thanks.

You wont get any arguments from me about  your thread..but I stick by what I said who should only be eligible to take part.  and that has always been my opinion even though our club has benefited handsomely financially from participation.....If Stewart Reagan had still been in charge I think that this practice would have ceased this year.....it had run its race.

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 08:53, FairWeatherFan said:

Not sure how true it is, but i've seen it mentioned that some clubs in the East Region are seeing more competition from those in the Lowland in particular. With Dalkeith moving across its another club on Bonnyrigg's door step that could compete for players.

Pole position to win the Superleague this year, do so and they move across to the EoSFL with a Scottish Cup place banked. Work on their licence while looking to win the EoSFL in one year. Seems a good time for it.

Maybe...if they win ALL of their remaining games...but 5 away.....not an easy task....watch Penicuik......6 home games to come..a better bet.

44 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

Maybe...if they win ALL of their remaining games...but 5 away.....not an easy task....watch Penicuik......6 home games to come..a better bet.

Looking at your Superleague Table 5 Teams could still feasibly win it. 

Archived