Bonnyrigg Rose should they stay or should they go...

Unknown Fan

52 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Considering the huge following Bonnyrigg have I'm surprised there was as little as only 43 votes to completely change its history  ? 

They'll still have to get by the EoSFL board I suppose but that'll be a formality. Imagine if they resigned from the Juniors and the EoSFL rejected their application, what would happen then  ? :P 

I suspect there will be more clubs to follow Bonnyrigg (and Dalkeith) now. Hopefully there's still a place in the Junior set up for clubs that want to stay there. The EoSFL will now have to decide what is the maximum number of clubs it can administer now. 

The Scottish football non league  revolution has well and truly  begun though. 

Given they're already offering to help set up a WoSL, I don't think absorbing a few dozen Junior sides will faze them.

I imagine they'll take on as many as apply - the only thing still to figure out is what league structure will be put in place for them...it'll eventually have to be more than one division obviously.

The main question for them is the future of some of their weaker current members...the likes of Eyemouth and Tweedmouth face a fairly dismal short to medium term future being Kelty-ised every week.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Gimme said:
1 hour ago, lithgierose said:
Thats actually quite embarrassing considering what the meeting was for.

Remember Bonnyrigg don't have 'members' in the same way Linlithgow do.

What about season ticket holders though.or did they not get a vote ?

They did, personally think that a large amount just had full trust of the clubs proposals unlike the one man angry mob would have you believe,if more had attended a believe the vote would have been even greater for the yes vote

3 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

What's a vote? 

We haven't even had the  discussion and it looks like that's not changing anytime soon.  A licensed park which could very quickly become meaningless.

What's a vote? 
We haven't even had the  discussion and it looks like that's not changing anytime soon.  A licensed park which could very quickly become meaningless.

Could be some interesting conversations between club officials on Saturday?

Hoping to get through sharp if yous fancy a pint for our last junior league meeting [emoji23]

Was that a majority of the season ticket holders?

Life members, season ticket holders made up the vast majority I noticed around 6 sponsors but they are regulars at games.

Club has just made its announcement officially

13 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Given they're already offering to help set up a WoSL, I don't think absorbing a few dozen Junior sides will faze them.

I imagine they'll take on as many as apply - the only thing still to figure out is what league structure will be put in place for them...it'll eventually have to be more than one division obviously.

The main question for them is the future of some of their weaker current members...the likes of Eyemouth and Tweedmouth face a fairly dismal short to medium term future being Kelty-ised every week.

2018-19 is a transitional season to accomodate what clubs they have as best they can. Then for the 2019-20 season you could see it settle in to something like EoS Premier (Tier 6), EoS North & EoS South (both Tier 7).  A North division would allow for Tayside (as well as more Fife) clubs to move Senior as they've largely not been mentioned. The South division would likely take on an old EoS First Division look with a lot of the Border teams in it

Although I'm all for it I assume the majority of voters are doddery auld farts who would vote to jump off a cliff if that was what was recommended. Remember brexit and old people.
My apologies to any non fogies over 65 on here.

12 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Although I'm all for it I assume the majority of voters are doddery auld farts who would vote to jump off a cliff if that was what was recommended. Remember brexit and old people.
My apologies to any non fogies over 65 on here.

Could apply to other clubs also.

Good on Bonnyrigg Rose for doing their research and for making a decision on what is best for their club. Wait on numerous meetings and talking from the SJFA and risk being 2 or 3 leagues below the Lowland League or have the foresight and conviction to take your clubs destiny into your own hands.

In time surely the SJFA will join the pyramid and West clubs would slot in at tier 6 in a WOS structure but East Super League Clubs could be in tier 8 or 9 due to the resurgence  of the EOS League which could have 2 divisions by the time the SJFA come to an agreement.

If Bonnyrigg move where does this leave 2 of the biggest supported clubs in the East Boness and Linlithgow who are used to competing at the top  ? The better non league players will want to play in the LL and the EOS League, a much depleted Superleague you’d think would be the 3rd choice. 

I believe there’s 6 new applications in so far to the EOS League (not including Bonnyrigg)from the East region Juniors, 2 Superleague sides, 2 Premier and 2 from the South Division.

5 minutes ago, kefc said:

Good on Bonnyrigg Rose for doing their research and for making a decision on what is best for their club. Wait on numerous meetings and talking from the SJFA and risk being 2 or 3 leagues below the Lowland League or have the foresight and conviction to take your clubs destiny into your own hands.

In time surely the SJFA will join the pyramid and West clubs would slot in at tier 6 in a WOS structure but East Super League Clubs could be in tier 8 or 9 due to the resurgence  of the EOS League which could have 2 divisions by the time the SJFA come to an agreement.

If Bonnyrigg move where does this leave 2 of the biggest supported clubs in the East Boness and Linlithgow ? The better non league players will want to play in the LL and the EOS League, a much depleted Superleague you’d think would be the 3rd choice. 

I believe there’s 6 new applications in so far to the EOS League (not including Bonnyrigg)from the East region Juniors, 2 Superleague sides, 2 Premier and 2 from the South Division.

If enough teams apply, couldn't EOS just set up an EOS 2. I honestly think 10-12 teams could jump across. 

3 hours ago, Van magic said:

Life members, season ticket holders made up the vast majority I noticed around 6 sponsors but they are regulars at games.

Club has just made its announcement officially

The Official announcement gives the voting figures as..82%   FOR...2%    against...and  16%   abstentions.

52 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

If enough teams apply, couldn't EOS just set up an EOS 2. I honestly think 10-12 teams could jump across. 

You would think so, there will be a couple of ways where everyone could be accommodated. I’d be happy to trust the guys running the league as well as the Fixture Secretary to come up with the best solution.

Archived