Bonnyrigg Rose should they stay or should they go...

Unknown Fan

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BS7 said:

Are Bonnyrigg tailor made for the eos?

1 hour ago, kleptomaniac said:

42-1 in favour of moving

Enjoy your night.. and what you consider  clever wit..and fantasy about who is Benji boy.....In life you win some and you take some on the chin....but get up and move on.....The democratic will of the fans has spoke n tonight   .its the Eof S  next season or the season after that whenever.......but its Linlithgow and the pie shed for me on Saturday....and come the end of the season it will be decision time and maybe  a few sojourns around the County to see the supposed  unambitious clubs compete against each other...that could be value for money....my weekly contribution wont be missed in this brave new world of mega bucks.....nice talking to you all.....and the shift went well.

26 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

Enjoy your night.. and what you consider  clever wit..and fantasy about who is Benji boy.....In life you win some and you take some on the chin....but get up and move on.....The democratic will of the fans has spoke n tonight   .its the Eof S  next season or the season after that whenever.......but its Linlithgow and the pie shed for me on Saturday....and come the end of the season it will be decision time and maybe  a few sojourns around the County to see the supposed  unambitious clubs compete against each other...that could be value for money....my weekly contribution wont be missed in this brave new world of mega bucks.....nice talking to you all.....and the shift went well.

Bill,

You were awfy quiet at the meeting tonight. I expected more chat from you !

2 minutes ago, BoomShakalaka said:

Bill,

You were awfy quiet at the meeting tonight. I expected more chat from you !

Still  getting it wrong  again.....but you are persistent and are beginning to believe yourself ....that is a bad sign.

1 minute ago, BoomShakalaka said:

you were wrong with your close vote ... eh?

Certainly was....43 attended and 42 -1 .that is unananimous...not close.......by any means....must have been a convincing presentation by the chairman.

Catch you later Bill where is it next season then Penicuik?

8 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

Certainly was....43 attended and 42 -1 .that is unananimous...not close.......by any means....must have been a convincing presentation by the chairman.

Thats actually quite embarrassing considering what the meeting was for.

1 minute ago, lithgierose said:

Thats actually quite embarrassing considering what the meeting was for.

Considering the huge following Bonnyrigg have I'm surprised there was as little as only 43 votes to completely change its history  ? 

They'll still have to get by the EoSFL board I suppose but that'll be a formality. Imagine if they resigned from the Juniors and the EoSFL rejected their application, what would happen then  ? :P 

I suspect there will be more clubs to follow Bonnyrigg (and Dalkeith) now. Hopefully there's still a place in the Junior set up for clubs that want to stay there. The EoSFL will now have to decide what is the maximum number of clubs it can administer now. 

The Scottish football non league  revolution has well and truly  begun though. 

23 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

The EoSFL will now have to decide what is the maximum number of clubs it can administer now.

I think the peak was 26 just before the Lowland League was formed. 12 in the Premier, 14 in the First. At the time there didn't seem to be any concern over administrating over that number of clubs and i'm sure they would of been relatively happy to add it it. Maybe being a little pickier over future applicant's if a club wasn't necessarily adding anything, but that's a pure hypothetical consigned to the history books.

Its been basically confirmed for a while that there are applications already submitted for next season beyond Dalkieth and now Bonnyrigg.

Archived