Bonnyrigg Rose should they stay or should they go...

Unknown Fan

24 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

You certainly wont.....because I am not eligible to attend..but look forward to hearing/reading about the meetings conclusions on Thursday/Friday sure the local press will be full of it.......again if you dare to have an opinion that doesn't coincide with the tight establishment cadre running the club then you must be a bitter individual and have an axe to grind.  This shows how narrow minded the club has come......Good luck with your adventure..Pete77....B57..Boomtownhibby..VanMagic..Boomshakalaka..enjoyed the discourse,insults and at times your bit  of bigatory to myself and others.....Sure you will find others in your brave new world to heckle and insult along the way.

I have always found the club to be very engaging and open to debate. Committee members are always happy to chat at the game and are open to any opinion. It’s always going to be impossible to please everyone but they definitely have the club’s best interests at heart and work incredibly hard to progress the club.

The only person coming over as narrow minded is you. 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

I have always found the club to be very engaging and open to debate. Committee members are always happy to chat at the game and are open to any opinion. It’s always going to be impossible to please everyone but they definitely have the club’s best interests at heart and work incredibly hard to progress the club.

The only person coming over as narrow minded is you. 

Committee members on their own are fairly talkative and no one..should ever doubt their dedication to the club..and that has never been suggested from this quarter at any time..in fact I tend to acknowledge their dedication.  Every football team has supporters who are better team selectors than the Club Manager...and it will always be but I still take issue with you about an Open club ,it is not....it is a tight knit cadre who have the only and the last word on any matter....

Committee members on their own are fairly talkative and no one..should ever doubt their dedication to the club..and that has never been suggested from this quarter at any time..in fact I tend to acknowledge their dedication.  Every football team has supporters who are better team selectors than the Club Manager...and it will always be but I still take issue with you about an Open club ,it is not....it is a tight knit cadre who have the only and the last word on any matter....

Likewise, they have supporters who can run the club better than the committee. Where are their names when it comes to standing for the committee, or where are they when the committee asks for help?
(Some clubs get a good response, but others do not.)

If Bonnyrigg were to choose to move to the senior ranks next season they would gain a lot more supporters, interest and sponsors over the next few years than they would with the status quo. 

We didn’t encounter any disgruntled supporters at all upon us moving, we had meetings and had their full trust and support on what we were doing which in turn this season led to an increase in terms of attendances, hospitality and sponsors. That was including a 1st round exit in the Will Hill Scottish which could easily have lost us momentum in terms of the growth this season.

We were probably a test case for many, it was a test for ourselves tbh having made the decision, we were always 100% sure it was the best choice for the long to medium term but short term we were concerned crowds or interest could dwindle with respect to other clubs some 1 sides games, loss of Scottish Junior Cup, loss of derbies etc. It didn’t and Its been a great success off the pitch and on it thus far. 

For every Bonnyrigg supporter lost (I can’t see them losing any) they will gain 2 more through more exposure, National cup competitions, better financial rewards to improve the facilities and the product on the pitch, a better organised structure that is respectful to its clubs/fans and the removal of the glass ceiling.

For what it’s worth and in my dealings with them, the boys in charge at Bonnyrigg know what they are doing and what it takes, I’m sure 99% of the community are behind any decision they make.

3 hours ago, BS7 said:

Can someone, anyone, put forward a case for the status quo and staying in the juniors in the interests of balance?

What does the East of Scotland Football League have to offer?

• Membership of EOSFL which confirms acceptance of and commitment to the pyramid system thereby satisfying a mandatory requirement of being granted a Club Licence. SJFA - No
• Automatic entry to the Scottish Cup for Champion Club irrespective of licencing status which will generate a minimum income in excess of £3,000 SJFA - YES
• 3 ways of Scottish Cup Entry, EOS & SOS League Champions, Alex Jack Cup Winner, Any Licenced Club SJFA - No
• £3,000 Funding towards ground improvements available to all un-licenced  clubs looking to gain their SFA Licence. SJFA - No
• Up to £10,000 funding as an EOS club available from Scottish Football Partnership towards ground improvements. SJFA - No
• Our ambition is to have all Members licenced as soon as possible and thereby automatically in the Scottish Cup every year. SJFA - No
• Very likely more promotion places will be available to enter the Lowland League from Tier 6. SJFA - No
• Depending on interest from that area a possible West Of Scotland division would be looked at for tier 6. SJFA - Yes
• SFA Sports First Aid courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge). SFA Licence compliant. SJFA - No
• All clubs supplied with a defibrillator and associated training. SFA Licence compliant. SJFA - No
• Bespoke personalised first aid bag. SJFA - No
• Personal Accident and Liability insurance incl. player to player liability paid for by the League. SFA  Licence compliant. SJFA - No (EOS supply all 3 insurances that pass Licence criteria)
• Match balls and training balls supplied each season. SJFA - Yes (Matchballs only)
• Coaching courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge) up to C Licence level. SJFA - Unsure
• Prize money for those Clubs finishing in the top four in the league. SJFA - Yes
• A sound organisational structure with fixtures issued on a seasonal basis. SJFA - No
• In combination with the Scottish Lowland League and the South of Scotland League an U20 development league for the development of a player pathway. SJFA - No
• Automatic entry for the U20 team into the Scottish Youth Cup. SJFA - No

LOWLAND LEAGUE (added to above)
• As it stands winner goes into a play off for promotion to SPFL. SJFA - No
• Winner gets automatic entry into the Betfred Cup Group Stage, £17,000 minimum prize money, guaranteed 2 home matches in group also. SJFA - No
• Top 4 qualify for Irn Bru Cup, minimum £3,000 Prize money. SJFA - No
• Up to £20,000 funding as a LL club available from Scottish Football Partnership towards ground improvements. SJFA - No

SJFA
• Scottish Junior Cup, £8,000 Prize money for winner . Tier 5/6 No
• West region setup although It’s not part of the pyramid. Tier 5/6 No
• East Region - Fife & Lothians Cup Prize money for winner circa £4,000 - £2000 runner up. Tier 5/6 No
• Local and regional rivalries built over decades. Tier 5/6 In some cases No but will have as it evolves

Happy to be corrected on anything here but when you see it written like this it’s shocking the way the SJFA have mismanaged the grade for their member clubs. These innovative and progressional rewards and solid structure of being part of the pyramid and the advantages that went with it was available to all Junior clubs, pity the SJFA chose not to engage.

If the SJFA had canvassed their member clubs with all this information on what being part of the pyramid could offer a lot more would I’m sure have wanted to look at integrating as 1 through the SJFA, none of this research was shared with a pros and cons approach out of what now seems like snobbery, scandalous really.

It’s at the stage now where it’s either over to the SJFA clubs to take matters into their own hands or put your clubs future and trust in the guys running the SJFA.

*no idea why the text to this post is this size.

Wouldn't knock a lot of that but any club can get SFPT funding - just not as much. 

And in the east there is very decent prize money attached to the Fife and Lothians cup which I doubt you see in the EoS league. 

In the past I would have talked about crowds but that's less of an issue now. We have lost a lot of local games against West Lothian rivals - with Whitburn being the biggest loss.  Now the only consistently decent gate comes from Bo'ness and nothing can stand still based on one game a season and maybe some random good cup ties. This season the junior cup cost us a fortune. 

Wouldn't knock a lot of that but any club can get SFPT funding - just not as much. 
And in the east there is very decent prize money attached to the Fife and Lothians cup which I doubt you see in the EoS league. 
In the past I would have talked about crowds but that's less of an issue now. We have lost a lot of local games against West Lothian rivals - with Whitburn being the biggest loss.  Now the only consistently decent gate comes from Bo'ness and nothing can stand still based on one game a season and maybe some random good cup ties. This season the junior cup cost us a fortune. 

Seen a post yesterday saying only 75 at Nitten v Whitburn. Even with the weather that's dire stuff.

24 minutes ago, HTG said:

Good shout on the Fife and Lothians Cup, terrific prize money tied to this competition tbf. iv added this in.

3 hours ago, kefc said:

What does the East of Scotland Football League have to offer?

• Membership of EOSFL which confirms acceptance of and commitment to the pyramid system thereby satisfying a mandatory requirement of being granted a Club Licence. SJFA - No
• Automatic entry to the Scottish Cup for Champion Club irrespective of licencing status which will generate a minimum income in excess of £3,000 SJFA - YES
• 3 ways of Scottish Cup Entry, EOS & SOS League Champions, Alex Jack Cup Winner, Any Licenced Club SJFA - No
• £3,000 Funding towards ground improvements available to all un-licenced  clubs looking to gain their SFA Licence. SJFA - No
• Up to £10,000 funding as an EOS club available from Scottish Football Partnership towards ground improvements. SJFA - No
• Our ambition is to have all Members licenced as soon as possible and thereby automatically in the Scottish Cup every year. SJFA - No
• Very likely more promotion places will be available to enter the Lowland League from Tier 6. SJFA - No
• Depending on interest from that area a possible West Of Scotland division would be looked at for tier 6. SJFA - Yes
• SFA Sports First Aid courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge). SFA Licence compliant. SJFA - No
• All clubs supplied with a defibrillator and associated training. SFA Licence compliant. SJFA - No
• Bespoke personalised first aid bag. SJFA - No
• Personal Accident and Liability insurance incl. player to player liability paid for by the League. SFA  Licence compliant. SJFA - No (EOS supply all 3 insurances that pass Licence criteria)
• Match balls and training balls supplied each season. SJFA - Yes (Matchballs only)
• Coaching courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge) up to C Licence level. SJFA - Unsure
• Prize money for those Clubs finishing in the top four in the league. SJFA - Yes
• A sound organisational structure with fixtures issued on a seasonal basis. SJFA - No
• In combination with the Scottish Lowland League and the South of Scotland League an U20 development league for the development of a player pathway. SJFA - No
• Automatic entry for the U20 team into the Scottish Youth Cup. SJFA - No

LOWLAND LEAGUE (added to above)
• As it stands winner goes into a play off for promotion to SPFL. SJFA - No
• Winner gets automatic entry into the Betfred Cup Group Stage, £17,000 minimum prize money, guaranteed 2 home matches in group also. SJFA - No
• Top 4 qualify for Irn Bru Cup, minimum £3,000 Prize money. SJFA - No
• Up to £20,000 funding as a LL club available from Scottish Football Partnership towards ground improvements. SJFA - No

SJFA
• Scottish Junior Cup, £8,000 Prize money for winner . Tier 5/6 No
• West region setup although It’s not part of the pyramid. Tier 5/6 No
• East Region - Fife & Lothians Cup Prize money for winner circa £4,000 - £2000 runner up. Tier 5/6 No
• Local and regional rivalries built over decades. Tier 5/6 In some cases No but will have as it evolves

Happy to be corrected on anything here but when you see it written like this it’s shocking the way the SJFA have mismanaged the grade for their member clubs. These innovative and progressional rewards and solid structure of being part of the pyramid and the advantages that went with it was available to all Junior clubs, pity the SJFA chose not to engage.

If the SJFA had canvassed their member clubs with all this information on what being part of the pyramid could offer a lot more would I’m sure have wanted to look at integrating as 1 through the SJFA, none of this research was shared with a pros and cons approach out of what now seems like snobbery, scandalous really.

It’s at the stage now where it’s either over to the SJFA clubs to take matters into their own hands or put your clubs future and trust in the guys running the SJFA.

*no idea why the text to this post is this size.

Thanks for taking the time to put that forward, I think it helps enormously,

18 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

Including the vote on eos?

You claim to know which sponsors are paying and who are not? You are full of shit

You claim to know how many rose fans were a the game yesterday and who is able to vote in egm? More shit- 

You say you are working and cant make egm, but tell VanMagic you may have to turn up and he should "take care" then say you are ineligible to vote? More shit.

You criticise the committee, why not offer your obviously superior services as our new marketing officer.

Bonnyrigg are 100% Correct on discussing a move. 

Can I ask a genuine question, How many players will choose not to play in the E.O.S. League and also if they are under contract for next season can they therefore terminate the contract? 

Archived