Bonnyrigg Rose should they stay or should they go...

Unknown Fan

14 hours ago, gogsy said:

1891/2 to 1894/5 they were in preliminary rounds of Scottish cup, 1895/6 to 1897 they entered Scottish Qualifying cup. 1893/4 saw a win against Boness in the first preliminary round, their only win in those six seasons.

Was that the great Bo,ness Cadora team ..That brought a lot of fame to my ancestral home town Gogsy ?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

No Boness Cadora were a junior team.

Then I take it they were a Bo,ness Team that played in the then old Central League.?

16 hours ago, Van magic said:

Can’t wait for the response emoji23.png

Marketing  your club and Bonnyrigg Rose are not comparable phrases....

7 hours ago, BS7 said:

Yep, it’s getting really really boring now. Clearly an individual with issues and an agenda against the committee.

No issues with the club or committee ..they have an excellent good job since they took over a bankrupt club in 2008.....But.marketing the club....the people that started marketing the club with scarves,hats and other money making items and sold lottery tickets on a Saturday to the Bonnyrigg public and were the public face of Bonnyrigg Rose  in the centre of the town.. have left the scene for some reason and have not been replaced as a  club marketing tool,..We also had the financially farcical situation that after they left..somebody was giving away the stock at the next home game.FOR FREE.....So whats boring.. these are facts..where is the positive signs of Marketing the club.....or is it if any supporter is prepared to make a criticism like this they are automatically tarred as having a chip on there shoulder and are Anti- the Officials and Committee...Whose club is it?..The loyal supporters or the ..Officials and Commmitte. solely.

No issues with the club or committee ..they have an excellent good job since they took over a bankrupt club in 2008.....But.marketing the club....the people that started marketing the club with scarves,hats and other money making items and sold lottery tickets on a Saturday to the Bonnyrigg public and were the public face of Bonnyrigg Rose  in the centre of the town.. have left the scene for some reason and have not been replaced as a  club marketing tool,..We also had the financially farcical situation that after they left..somebody was giving away the stock at the next home game.FOR FREE.....So whats boring.. these are facts..where is the positive signs of Marketing the club.....or is it if any supporter is prepared to make a criticism like this they are automatically tarred as having a chip on there shoulder and are Anti- the Officials and Committee...Whose club is it?..The loyal supporters or the ..Officials and Commmitte. solely.
Would I be correct in saying you gave free calenders out?? Poor marketing

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

Maybe I’m wrong but I think the committee enjoy an excellent relationship with the vast majority of supporters, and crowds are excellent home and away. We’re talking about Bonnyrigg Rose here not Barcelona.

Within those realistic boundaries, the club marketing and engagement with the community is excellent. It could always be better, and the committee don’t rest trying to move the club forward - which is why we are here in this thread discussing the future.

okay, let’s flip this key point round - as you are clearly against moving from the juniors - what is the positive case for staying with the status quo in he juniors?

3 hours ago, Gimme said:

I'm sure I saw the lottery being sold at Bonnyrigg Toll last Thursday as usual.

Still there on a Thursday for a couple of hours ..yes..

2 hours ago, boomtownhibby said:

Would I be correct in saying you gave free calenders out?? Poor marketing

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

You keep trying to fit my profile into what you think it is....and wont be convinced otherwise  and sadly you keep barking up the wrong tree..Try another tack because you are getting very boring.

2 hours ago, BS7 said:

Maybe I’m wrong but I think the committee enjoy an excellent relationship with the vast majority of supporters, and crowds are excellent home and away. We’re talking about Bonnyrigg Rose here not Barcelona.

Within those realistic boundaries, the club marketing and engagement with the community is excellent. It could always be better, and the committee don’t rest trying to move the club forward - which is why we are here in this thread discussing the future.

okay, let’s flip this key point round - as you are clearly against moving from the juniors - what is the positive case for staying with the status quo in he juniors?

When do they speak to this vast majority....like yesterday at Dundonald when they encamped against the wall at the bottom of the park..but there were only 31 Bonnyrigg supporters yesterday..excellent time to engage with the lifeblood at such a crucial time..What engagement with the community.....the only engagement I see is a few posters when you occasionaly have a fund raiser..for your selves...Your ideas of engagement...marketing the club and the way forward are obviously at odds with mine.. Regarding whether I am for or against moving is immaterial to the fact that we are poorly marketed in the true sence of the word..we cant even produce a programme for match days.even Newtongrange ..a club we regularly look down on..can do a good job on the programme front..its too much bother a t Bonnyrigg for the Officials.....Please don't come back at me with the marvellous job we did in the Wmn.Hill,s cup run.......When clubs have healthy bankbooks they forget the fundamentals of what kept them connected to their community..and Bonnyrigg lost this some years ago.......

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 17:50, Sergeant Wilson said:

I agree that's the best solution, but it might lose a bit of prestige. Over the years that might get won back, like the Vase and Trophy in England. (There we go, copying them again.)

Aye, we could call this new competition the Vaphy. Or the Trase.

1 minute ago, Pete77 said:

Would be delighted to leave even if it was only to no longer be associated with Junior football and inbred New Cumnock scum.

How to win friends and influence people in the game......Don't think that we need to revert to the Senior Tribes  vocabulary ..or is that all you have got to offer the debate.

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I would guess a lot of those supporters would be club members  and season ticket holdbers and would therefore be able to got to egm?

Surprisingly Goggsy.....only about a third of them have the valid credentials..but are home and away guys..Some as you can imagine that don't qualify are not wanting to come along and experience the embarrassment of being turned away from the meeting which is understandable.

14 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

When do they speak to this vast majority....like yesterday at Dundonald when they encamped against the wall at the bottom of the park..but there were only 31 Bonnyrigg supporters yesterday..excellent time to engage with the lifeblood at such a crucial time..What engagement with the community.....the only engagement I see is a few posters when you occasionaly have a fund raiser..for your selves...Your ideas of engagement...marketing the club and the way forward are obviously at odds with mine.. Regarding whether I am for or against moving is immaterial to the fact that we are poorly marketed in the true sence of the word..we cant even produce a programme for match days.even Newtongrange ..a club we regularly look down on..can do a good job on the programme front..its too much bother a t Bonnyrigg for the Officials.....Please don't come back at me with the marvellous job we did in the Wmn.Hill,s cup run.......When clubs have healthy bankbooks they forget the fundamentals of what kept them connected to their community..and Bonnyrigg lost this some years ago.......

I’m pretty sure they were just getting shelter from the weather and standing behind the goal we were attacking in the second half. They were all at the end we scored the goals at in the first half and I had a good chat with several committee members yesterday and heard a lot of positive stuff. 

The footballing side of the club is always fair game for debate and opinions but your comments on disconnection from the community are bullshit and stink of a bitter man with an agenda. 

I hope we don’t have to spend half an hour on Wednesday pretending that we’re listening to you.

3 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

I’m pretty sure they were just getting shelter from the weather and standing behind the goal we were attacking in the second half. They were all at the end we scored the goals at in the first half and I had a good chat with several committee members yesterday and heard a lot of positive stuff. 

The footballing side of the club is always fair game for debate and opinions but your comments on disconnection from the community are bullshit and stink of a bitter man with an agenda. 

I hope we don’t have to spend half an hour on Wednesday pretending that we’re listening to you.

You certainly wont.....because I am not eligible to attend..but look forward to hearing/reading about the meetings conclusions on Thursday/Friday sure the local press will be full of it.......again if you dare to have an opinion that doesn't coincide with the tight establishment cadre running the club then you must be a bitter individual and have an axe to grind.  This shows how narrow minded the club has come......Good luck with your adventure..Pete77....B57..Boomtownhibby..VanMagic..Boomshakalaka..enjoyed the discourse,insults and at times your bit  of bigatory to myself and others.....Sure you will find others in your brave new world to heckle and insult along the way.

Archived