Bonnyrigg Rose should they stay or should they go...

Unknown Fan

30 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Their tier 6 suggestion is entirely sensible to get the Juniors on board, and the EoS do not have the power of veto on that.

Whether it ever happens is another thing entirely.

It would mean a change to the Lowland League Constitution and Rules, B4: Admission to the League. 

As i understand it the Lowland League Board is made up of reps from Preston, Spartans, Edin City, EK, Dalbeattie and Gretna - all of which are EoS Assoc members (other than Dalbeattie).

I doubt the board or any member clubs would support 2 East feeders so it probably wouldn't happen - unless I'm missing something?

A  West feeder would make a lot of sense though and has every chance.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would mean a change to the Lowland League Constitution and Rules, B4: Admission to the League. 

As i understand it the Lowland League Board is made up of reps from Preston, Spartans, Edin City, EK, Dalbeattie and Gretna - all of which are EoS Assoc members (other than Dalbeattie).

I doubt the board or any member clubs would support 2 East feeders so it probably wouldn't happen - unless I'm missing something?

A  West feeder would make a lot of sense though and has every chance.

If the SFA are brokering a solution and according to the SJFA survey recommend the tier 6 entry, then I'm sure it would go ahead in some form if the SJFA returned to the table stating that's what they want.

Bringing the West Juniors on board at tier 6 as a new feeder couldn't happen in isolation. Maybe a merger of East Juniors and Seniors would be the end result in time for 2019/20?

All seems too radical for Scottish fitba though, and the loss of clubs to EoS will be what drives any change.

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If the SFA are brokering a solution and according to the SJFA survey recommend the tier 6 entry, then I'm sure it would go ahead in some form if the SJFA returned to the table stating that's what they want.

Bringing the West Juniors on board at tier 6 as a new feeder couldn't happen in isolation. 

The SFA aren't brokering a solution, and they didn't recommend tier 6 entry.  Of the 2 options tabled by the SJFA, one was more palatable. To Stewart Regan that is, who doesn't work there anymore.

Bringing the West juniors on board wouldn't happen in isolation, it would be supported by the LL and EoS if enough clubs come forward (10).

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

think aboot ww then and how they have managed to cope with the ££££s being dangled in front of decent players from junior sides on their doorstep over the years.

The tide is turning hopefully. 

Shouldn't be any tide TO turn - we all play football at a similar level. The divide is a joke.

41 minutes ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

About what? i worry about my family and health, i never worry about any speculation on here or any other forum. Mon The Juniors.:)

It's not speculation, even your beloved leader is sending out surveys which will probably indicate strong support for the Pyramid  :lol:

Has Bonnyrigg`s circumstances changed from last year?

A clandestine meeting took place towards the end of last season

Kelty , Bo`ness, Bonnyrigg and Linlithgow  were all invited 

Linlithgow refused to send anyone to the meeting

Kelty informed the rest they would leave the juniors at the end of the season, as they done

Bo`ness said they would leave the juniors when certain work to there ground was complete

Bonnyrigg said at that time they had no intention of leaving the juniors at that time 

The SFA aren't brokering a solution, and they didn't recommend tier 6 entry.  Of the 2 options tabled by the SJFA, one was more palatable. To Stewart Regan that is, who doesn't work there anymore.
Bringing the West juniors on board wouldn't happen in isolation, it would be supported by the LL and EoS if enough clubs come forward (10).
http://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/teams/118321/news/club-statement-in-response-to-falkirk-herald-artic-1780028.html

This was the club position last year.

- have been looking at licensing for five years
- have Legacy sfa quality Mark
- inquired about licensing two years ago and were told they would need to join east of Scotland and there was no guarantee that they would be promoted to lowland League
- stated they could not make a decision on such an application without first discussing at an EGM or AGM

42 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

"A meeting was arranged for 5th January with the undernoted proposal A being promoted by the SFA and a request by the SJFA for discussion and consideration, in parallel, of proposal B. "

"[option A] More likely to be accepted by other bodies"

"A" being the tier 6 entry, so unless TJ is being a bit economical with the exact facts, it appears the SFA were backing/promoting option A.

14 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

"A meeting was arranged for 5th January with the undernoted proposal A being promoted by the SFA and a request by the SJFA for discussion and consideration, in parallel, of proposal B. "

"[option A] More likely to be accepted by other bodies"

"A" being the tier 6 entry, so unless TJ is being a bit economical with the exact facts, it appears the SFA were backing/promoting option A.

The two options were put together by the SJFA, not the SFA. 

One of the options is a non-starter. The other option, for Junior clubs to enter at tier 6 would be backed / promoted / supported by the SFA and Lowland League as follows:

- Tier 6 In the East: Join the EoS

- Tier 6 in the South: Join the SoS

- Tier 6 In the West: Move the West Juniors en-masse into the pyramid, or start a WoS League

- Tier 6 in the North: Move the North (of Tay) Juniors en-masse into the pyramid, or start a NoS League to feed the HL

The West League is simple, the North far more complicated.

8 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

The two options were put together by the SJFA, not the SFA. 

One of the options is a non-starter. The other option, for Junior clubs to enter at tier 6 would be backed / promoted / supported by the SFA and Lowland League as follows:

- Tier 6 In the East: Join the EoS

- Tier 6 in the South: Join the SoS

- Tier 6 In the West: Move the West Juniors en-masse into the pyramid, or start a WoS League

- Tier 6 in the North: Move the North (of Tay) Juniors en-masse into the pyramid, or start a NoS League to feed the HL

The West League is simple, the North far more complicated.

Not sure that the SFA can offer one solution for West clubs whilst simply saying to the East "join the EoS".  If the West were to move en-masse and be considered tier 6, then so would the East, and sit alongside the EoSFL if neccesary for the time being as a first step.

All immaterial of course unless the SJFA return to negotiations with the mandate from clubs to pursue "option A", ie the wholesale integration of the Juniors as a bloc at tier 6, and I'd like to think in the interests of progress, there would be no blocker placed in the way by the SFA/LL/EoS if that came to pass.

Still a big IF though.

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Not sure that the SFA can offer one solution for West clubs whilst simply saying to the East "join the EoS".  

They are telling clubs to join the EoS, if they want a license.

The WoS would sit at the same level, have a similar constitution and rules and appoint a board made up of reps from its member clubs.  

I can't see any problems with this approach. Plus, it allows the SJFA to retain its independence.

I can't see why the south should continue to have a separate part in the pyramid at tier 6. It's actually just the south west, so it should come under a wider West umbrella. If everyone were in the pyramid, most SoS teams would be at tier 8. Seems more sensible to have East and West each split into north/south sections at tier 7 or 8.

1 minute ago, Che Dail said:

They are telling clubs to join the EoS, if they want a license.

The WoS would sit at the same level, have a similar constitution and rules and appoint a board made up of reps from its member clubs.  

I can't see any problems with this approach. Plus, it allows the SJFA to retain its independence.

The SJFA cant remain intact as a body within the Pyramid if clubs in the East are told to leave to join the EoSFL.    Merger with the EoSFL would have to be the part of the solution.

The SJFA's standpoint is (regardless of survey outcome) we'll take part in the Pyramid only if our structure remains intact and we remain as a body, therefore if they join at tier 6 en-masse you would (out with the Highlands) have EoSFL, SoSFL, SFJA West, SJFA East, with a 4 way play-off for LL promotion spots.

Not ideal, but it gets everyone on board and long term the next move would be to integrate the East, and tag in the SoSFL to the West.  That has to be the long term plan if this happens, IF.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If the West were to move en-masse and be considered tier 6, then so would the East, and sit alongside the EoSFL if neccesary for the time being as a first step.

Why would you put 13 EOS clubs on the same level as 60 East Junior clubs, with both given a promotion chance to the LL? Surely you merge the two and try to slot the EOS clubs into the most appropriate division depending on their apparent ability?

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Why would you put 13 EOS clubs on the same level as 60 East Junior clubs, with both given a promotion chance to the LL? Surely you merge the two and try to slot the EOS clubs into the most appropriate division depending on their apparent ability?

Absolutely agree that is what should happen, but given it's unlikely from the very start, best just to get the Juniors on-board alongside.  The EoS will probably be 16-18 by then anyway, maybe more.

Archived