Things Old People do

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

At what age should you stop wearing hoodies? 

I always wear hoodies and Adidas bottoms and I’m 50. I’ll change when I’m being pointed and laughed at

Get up at 5am for no good reason.

I'm part of a group that own a bunkhouse and a few Sundays ago we had four or so 30-something year olds still in bed at the ungodly hour of 09:30 (after a crate or two of beer the night before). Cue overhearing the retired contingent through in the kitchen harping on about "I can't believe people their age can sleep so long".

On 3/8/2018 at 02:09, Shotgun said:

Talk about how a spot of military service would do the young people of today a world of good, despite not having served a day in the military themselves.

Use the phrase "they don't know they're born." (Wtf does that even mean?)

Blame young people for everything, including things that old people are to blame for.

Despite only sleeping for 3 hours in every 24, wait until lunchtime to run their errands, getting in the way of productive people who only have a few minutes before they have to get back to work.

Drive slowly in the passing lane with their indicators on.

Talk about how much cheaper everything was back in their day, while ignoring the fact that incomes were lower too.

Run the central heating at levels which would melt a salamander while complaining about the cost of heating. (This may just have been my Dad.)

Nah, my father-in-law runs his central heating at a steady 25 centigrade.  I think his bacon and eggs cook themselves as soon as he opens the fridge door.

Archived