Things Old People do

That’s a shocking post.  Acceptable responses are:
”Scum.  Sub-human scum.” Or “Kill them with fire.”
HTH.  [emoji4]

I think silent pity was quite acceptable

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 43, I can't wait to old, its an excuse to be an utter fucking arsehole. Something I have been striving for many years, old age. Arsehole was a giving when I hit 6 mths.

Not long now until the Generation X, 90's slacker's are in their 60's kicking about in Pavement t-shirts and Converse and boring younger relatives ("I love my grandkids but they are fucking squares, maaaan") with tales of mad nights out at the Sub Club or taking acid at Glastonbury during a Ozric Tentacles set.

Not long now until the Generation X, 90's slacker's are in their 60's kicking about in Pavement t-shirts and Converse and boring younger relatives ("I love my grandkids but they are fucking squares, maaaan") with tales of mad nights out at the Sub Club or taking acid at Glastonbury during a Ozric Tentacles set.

I don't thing you know wat yer taking about, hacienda ken. All nighters at the street rave, subby was after when we all chilled Oot.
No your history to know yer da!

Buy all the council houses.

Read right-wing tabloids like the Express and the Mail.

Despise the Tories and Thatcher despite voting No and constantly making reference to how they benefited from the ‘right to buy’ scheme.

Stick to a diet mainly consisting of mince rounds, mince and potatoes, beef brisket, tripe etc as they don’t trust that ‘foreign muck’.

Blame foreigners for everything.

Constantly act hard done by.

There’s the obvious:

Get pensions

use buses

die

However, old people have a great time of it in their last few years at work. They know they are pretty much untouchable. I can’t wait to do the following:

fall asleep in a meeting and snore loudly

get up and walk out a meeting without saying a word, possibly making some kind of grumbling noise

ignore requests from idiots

pretend to be deaf

Go wherever I want when I want

On 08/03/2018 at 09:08, Harry Kinnear said:

I'm 51 but don't consider myself to be old. I do however have athritis in my hips from years of long distance running.

The worst things I have found in my progression towards old age is:

1) my memory is definitely getting worse.

2) i have to get up through the night every night for a piss

3) if i eat any later than about 8pm I cannot sleep and i can't eat spicy food now

4) young folk at work give me the "f**k off you old b*****d look" when i talk about the past

5) i am definitely more cautious when driving

6) i think modern football is shite and yearn to see a decent 50/50 challenge where both players just get up and get on with it.

Apart from that everything is just perfect.

I’m 47 in August. I haven’t started getting up for a pee in the middle of the night yet. 1,5 and 6 - yep. 3 and 4 - getting there.

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 09:08, Harry Kinnear said:

I'm 51 but don't consider myself to be old. I do however have athritis in my hips from years of long distance running.

The worst things I have found in my progression towards old age is:

1) my memory is definitely getting worse.

2) i have to get up through the night every night for a piss

3) if i eat any later than about 8pm I cannot sleep and i can't eat spicy food now

4) young folk at work give me the "f**k off you old b*****d look" when i talk about the past

5) i am definitely more cautious when driving

6) i think modern football is shite and yearn to see a decent 50/50 challenge where both players just get up and get on with it.

Apart from that everything is just perfect.

I'm 65 - 1/ A wee bit. Sometimes I walk into the kitchen for example and can't remember what I went in for. Sometimes have difficulty remembering a singer's/actor's name, that sort of thing.

2/ No

3/ No (Indigestion medicine sorts that out)

4/ Retired (and they didn't)

5/ Sometimes

6/ Agree with the second part of your sentence.

I've read the thread right through (at least I think I did..) and there's very few "old people things" that apply to me.

Archived