Things Old People do

Generally get in the way be it in a car in a supermarket in a hospital.

Smell of pish.

Moan about the state of things despite it being their generation that' had the best of everything and either ripped the arse out if it or voted to get rid of it and thus fucking it up for everyone who' come along after.

Refuse to die.

Read the daily mail, watch the BBC and swallow the whole lot.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make involuntary noises when they get up out their chair 

Order these things you can’t live without from the mail order catalogue that comes stuffed inside their weekend paper 

Will drive 10 miles to buy a pint of milk as it’s 2 pence cheaper than the shop around the corner 

Decide that the doorway of a public building is the best place for them to stand while they decide what they'd like to do next, oblivious to the people behind them who can't get out.

Collect Princess Diana memorial plates, which they think are investments.

Wish we could bring Maggie Thatcher back because she'd soon sort things out.

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

If not being able to eat spicy food is a consequence of getting old can you let me know when it kicked in so I can plan my exit from this world accordingly?

I'm 50 in a couple months and have no problems firing into spicy scran, I'm partial to leaving some curry for my breakfast too. :) 

I don't have to bother with gaviscon etc either, probably just lucky but I know how you feel about the lack of curry, it would be a deal breaker for the whole breathing thing for me too.

17 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Just jumping on the bandwagon here. 

1. Wash their net curtains on a weekly basis
  2. Die soon

Christ. I tick three of those boxes and I'm only 40. And my net curtains are spotless. 

16 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Listen to The Archers

16 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Get your arse in here @The_Kincardine

You have net curtains?????   Never criticise my wireless-listening habits again!

Do you also have wally dugs and wear baffies?

Its nice to see most of the character traits of the auld racist, non tea making boot of a gran-in-law show up in here.

Aside from the above, she also has that old person selfishness. Ability to hijack any scenario and make it about them and how tough life is for them. 

refuse to talk to members of their family for years because of what they said about Auntie Sadie in 1947. 

make their younger relatives put up with them knowing damn fine that the younger relatives are just wanting for them to kick the bucket and get a whopping inheritance and then leave it all to the cat and dug home. 

wait out in the cold for hours and hours outside places like Crathes Kirk just to "wish the Royal Family well" and then catch pneumonia and end up bed blocking in a hospital.  

slag off old people when they were young, forget they ever did this and then post things like "you'll be old one day" on Scottish football forums... 

Its nice to see most of the character traits of the auld racist, non tea making boot of a gran-in-law show up in here.
Aside from the above, she also has that old person selfishness. Ability to hijack any scenario and make it about them and how tough life is for them. 

Completely not what you’ve done here...[emoji6]
I love that “non tea making” is second. She’s a horrible person, why? Well because she’s a racist for one and...eh...secondly...if you visit her...well...she’ll no even make you a cup of tea!

I think old folk are generally great. Genuinely love listening to their life tales (including ramblings) and opinions (despite the hangovers from days when we weren't so enlightened - we're all influenced by our environments, though). My next door neighbour lived to 102, virtually blind from about 90, was one of the best people you could visit and would happily alternate between war stories and excellent gardening advice. Also insisted on paying his way for any help (such as re-turning his TV or radio) with a generous G&T, or a bottle of wine to take away for anything more major.

There are old-folk abominable codgers, of course; but I don't think they're in a greater proportion or more abominable than the rest of the population.

33 minutes ago, sugna said:

I think old folk are generally great. Genuinely love listening to their life tales (including ramblings) and opinions (despite the hangovers from days when we weren't so enlightened - we're all influenced by our environments, though). My next door neighbour lived to 102, virtually blind from about 90, was one of the best people you could visit and would happily alternate between war stories and excellent gardening advice. Also insisted on paying his way for any help (such as re-turning his TV or radio) with a generous G&T, or a bottle of wine to take away for anything more major.

There are old-folk abominable codgers, of course; but I don't think they're in a greater proportion or more abominable than the rest of the population.

That’s a shocking post.  Acceptable responses are:

”Scum.  Sub-human scum.” Or “Kill them with fire.”

HTH.  :)

Archived