Things Old People do

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk about how a spot of military service would do the young people of today a world of good, despite not having served a day in the military themselves.

Use the phrase "they don't know they're born." (Wtf does that even mean?)

Blame young people for everything, including things that old people are to blame for.

Despite only sleeping for 3 hours in every 24, wait until lunchtime to run their errands, getting in the way of productive people who only have a few minutes before they have to get back to work.

Drive slowly in the passing lane with their indicators on.

Talk about how much cheaper everything was back in their day, while ignoring the fact that incomes were lower too.

Run the central heating at levels which would melt a salamander while complaining about the cost of heating. (This may just have been my Dad.)

Think the BBC is a fine British institution instead of a Tory Government mouthpiece pedo ring.

Fully buy into British class system and think upper class are the ruling elite and should be beyond reproach.
Have been heavily subjugated and think English people are by birth superior beings to Scots.
Many younger Jock “wha’s like us” types also agree with this.

In summary, old people love Britain.

Watch utterly brain melting TV all day
Want medication for every little problem instead of changing bad habits.
Blame other people for their own mistakes
Let themselves get into a horrible physical state and blame it on bullshit.
Bitch about people they don't know.
Watch old episodes of Heartbeat
Buy shit they don't need.

Use public transport when people are trying to get to/from work.

Pretend to be poor.

Think that being old is an achievement that deserves respect.

The funny thing about this thread compared to the others (students, various classes, etc) is that most/all of the posters will fit the category one day.

You will then be able to experience the joy of younger folk having a go at you.  :)

I'm 51 but don't consider myself to be old. I do however have athritis in my hips from years of long distance running.

The worst things I have found in my progression towards old age is:

1) my memory is definitely getting worse.

2) i have to get up through the night every night for a piss

3) if i eat any later than about 8pm I cannot sleep and i can't eat spicy food now

4) young folk at work give me the "f**k off you old b*****d look" when i talk about the past

5) i am definitely more cautious when driving

6) i think modern football is shite and yearn to see a decent 50/50 challenge where both players just get up and get on with it.

Apart from that everything is just perfect.

They love to tell you about the good old days moments after telling you stories about how grim everything was.

Still believe whatever the newspaper and BBC tell them as they wouldn't lie. 

Like the Queen regardless of being unable to answer me what she has ever done for them.

Tell you they hate the Tories and hate what Labour have become before voting No.

Just fucking die you old dicks

41 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I'm 51 but don't consider myself to be old. I do however have athritis in my hips from years of long distance running.

3) if i eat any later than about 8pm I cannot sleep and i can't eat spicy food now

If not being able to eat spicy food is a consequence of getting old can you let me know when it kicked in so I can plan my exit from this world accordingly?

If not being able to eat spicy food is a consequence of getting old can you let me know when it kicked in so I can plan my exit from this world accordingly?

I got diagnosed with a hiatus hernia about 5 years ago and since then I just can't eat anything remotely spicy. If i do its followed by lots of gaviscon which is a life saver.

Fart with impunity because they are deaf.

A 90+yo guy being helped down some steps at my cousin's wedding and farting with every single step is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Even the bride was laughing to the point of tears with a complete inability to breathe (along with everyone else under the age of 40). This happened on the big outdoor staircase feature (with statues of lions etc) that made him the centre of attention for everybody in the garden below. Glorious.

They love to tell you about the good old days moments after telling you stories about how grim everything was.
Still believe whatever the newspaper and BBC tell them as they wouldn't lie. 
Like the Queen regardless of being unable to answer me what she has ever done for them.
Tell you they hate the Tories and hate what Labour have become before voting No.
Just fucking die you old dicks
I hate the Queen and the Royal Family. I voted Yes and I am a member of the SNP.

Thanks Gaz you have convinced me I am not old [emoji16]

Archived