The Binos v Peterhead

31 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I see Rory was on the bench today, any idea if he's nearly fit?

Yip he was bending Jims ear to get on but wasnt risked

As for the game what a thunderb*****d of a strike to win it.Pretty meh first half with the wind causing problems for our goalie but we were far superior in the 2nd and a superb strike from ted to seal all 3 points

Forgot to mention thats a cracking 3 points with no rory jack leitch or jason brown

Disappointing  game today that's the end of our run of wins felt we deserved at least a point,  but thanks to a great strike to get the only goal of the game we came away with nothing today, not helped by a referee Mike Runcone who had a howler of a game, was conned by dropping Peterhead players and even overruling his own linesman in giving Peterhead fouls. 

Still we go to Berwick on Tuesday night , hopefully get something from this game to keep up our challenge for a playoff spot. 

A fine 3pts  today & certainly a goal worthy of winning any game.  With 3 certain starters missing it was good to see players come in & do a job. Did not really notice the ref today just glad it was not that Nick Walsh fellow :whistle

Wish it was oor Nick. Great ref. Roncone is the worst referee in this country by an absolute mile.

Guest TOPFITTER

Battled for win by a well below par Toon, how the feck did that Stirling team win 5 in a row in this division with that team and all the poorest refs ganging up on them ???? Albion poor wee souls turned over by a street wise Peterhead and a fishy referee yee couldnae make it up :bairn:bairn:bairn

3 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Battled for win by a well below par Toon, how the feck did that Stirling team win 5 in a row in this division with that team and all the poorest refs ganging up on them ???? Albion poor wee souls turned over by a street wise Peterhead and a fishy referee yee couldnae make it up :bairn:bairn:bairn

Battled?!  Your team fell over shouting "aaaah" anytime someone came near them!  I though you fishermen types were hard?! :D 

Ref was shockingly bad, to the point it ruined the game.

Noticed the stand side lino (Haswell) was off down the tunnel like a shot on the full time whistle !

Your players realised that Roncone was giving you absolutely everything and they made the most of it. Fair fucks, i'm sure we'd do the same.

I seen the ref delecting the ba onto the bar when your striker missed from 5 yards out..its all his fault

You can't deny that he was absolutely shocking yesterday. Gave you lot everything. We all predicted it when we seen he was refereeing.

15 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

You can't deny that he was absolutely shocking yesterday. Gave you lot everything. We all predicted it when we seen he was refereeing.

We are well used to being on the wrong end of the refs whistle, it was a nice change not to feel too aggrieved  with yesterdays one. Have a funny feeling he did a game at Balmoor against somebody earlier & gave us nothing. The general standard of refs is terrible & quite often the linesmen are no help either.

We are well used to being on the wrong end of the refs whistle, it was a nice change not to feel too aggrieved  with yesterdays one. Have a funny feeling he did a game at Balmoor against somebody earlier & gave us nothing. The general standard of refs is terrible & quite often the linesmen are no help either.

Thats twice Roncone has been like that at Forthbank. He is easily the worst ref in Scotland.

At the end of the game he over ruled his podgy little lino pal and gave you a free kick despite the lino saying it was ours, baffling.

I seen the ref delecting the ba onto the bar when your striker missed from 5 yards out..its all his fault

As I said in my post, he wasn’t the reason we lost the match, and I haven’t actually read anybody suggest it was, so not sure where this comment has come from.

The story of the game though, was the totally inept performance of the Referee. Sure, he’s not the reason we lost the match (that was down to a superb strike)but he certainly didn’t help.

Guest TOPFITTER

Having watched lower league football in the provinces for 50 years it feels churlish that Central Belt fans should claim to be hard done by when they almost always have the officials falling over themselves to keep the Teuchters and Fermers teams from any advancement by fair means.

However none of the above can hide the ever decreasing quality that the SFA/SPFL call on to officiate at Senior Level (I dare'nt think of the quality below that !!!), surely they have a Project Brave equivalent headed by a Malky Mackay type :bairn:bairn:bairn:whistle

However none of the above can hide the ever decreasing quality that the SFA/SPFL call on to officiate at Senior Level (I dare'nt think of the quality below that !!!), surely they have a Project Brave equivalent headed by a Malky Mackay type :bairn:bairn:bairn:whistle

Only if they can have Colt Refs in the lower leagues......you know the ones? The next generation of refs that will help them in the Scottish Premiership.

Archived