Arbroath vs Forfar

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice comfortable win whilst resting our keeper & star signing against a very poor forfar side. Difficult conditions but thought we coped well especially in the 2nd half. Whole team played well including the subs. Agree with mcintosh, we’ve been missing a poacher for years & mcintosh seems to always be in the right place at the right time

Nice comfortable win whilst resting our keeper & star signing against a very poor forfar side. Difficult conditions but thought we coped well especially in the 2nd half. Whole team played well including the subs. Agree with mcintosh, we’ve been missing a poacher for years & mcintosh seems to always be in the right place at the right time

Both times Hutton has been dropped we've kept a clean sheet.

Personally, I thought we edged the first half and we're unlucky to go in a goal down.
Hilson's run through on goal in the first half was onside, poor lino decision.
Second half Arbroath gubbed us. I suspect the conditions had a huge influence on our dismall second half showing, which is actually a compliment to Arbroath who obviously coped well with it in the first half and actually competed.

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

Personally, I thought we edged the first half and we're unlucky to go in a goal down.
Hilson's run through on goal in the first half was onside, poor lino decision.
Second half Arbroath gubbed us. I suspect the conditions had a huge influence on our dismall second half showing, which is actually a compliment to Arbroath who obviously coped well with it in the first half and actually competed.

Arbroath had more chances - corners against the wind....our 2nd half display was pitiful!

I think you are once again seeing the benefit of the strength and depth we have. Martin got left out during the week and was terrific yesterday, Macintosh was very poor at Alloa but responded with a goal yesterday.

not quite clicking for Wallace yet but confident that will change soon. Much more confident with Gomes in the sticks, I really hope DC plays him from now on and bins Hutton

No picture of Easton’s dive unfortunately. What a detestable little arse hole

Piss off [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Ref got the dive spot on in the box but Easton was definitely fouled outside the box just before it, poor officiating it not bringing it back.

Easton is a cracking player to watch, in all fairness, though his tantrums are a bit laughable, his booking at Gayfield the last time a prime example.

Generally I can't abide the faking stuff, watching Easton this season he is way down the list of falling over, Swankie did my nut in at Station Park at times. Isn't there a Smokie that has already posted enjoying watching one of your defenders fall over every week and get a foul out of nothing?

Piss off [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Ref got the dive spot on in the box but Easton was definitely fouled outside the box just before it, poor officiating it not bringing it back.

Easton is a cracking player to watch, in all fairness, though his tantrums are a bit laughable, his booking at Gayfield the last time a prime example.

Generally I can't abide the faking stuff, watching Easton this season he is way down the list of falling over, Swankie did my nut in at Station Park at times. Isn't there a Smokie that has already posted enjoying watching one of your defenders fall over every week and get a foul out of nothing?

Colin Hamilton does not “fall over”. He “invites” the contact and is fouled in the process. It’s actually incredible to watch. He did it at Raith a few weeks back and we celebrated it like he had scored.

Easton is a horrible wee c**t that thinks he is bigger than he is.......no doubt Dick will sign him for our season in the championship

Archived