Arbroath vs Forfar

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JinglinGeordie said:

What’s this all about? Why has Swankie not played in any of the previous encounters?

Hard to tell really what happened tbh.

Swanks was wanting away/downing tools at Forfar, Loons happy to see him go in general (best days behind him, could be a bit of a passenger at times), a fair bit of unexpected money offered for Swankie from a Smokie well wisher.  These are all fairly well accepted facts.

He hasn't played or been on the bench in any of the previous 3 encounters, with a "gentleman's agreement" being cited.  I think Pink knocked that on the head but injury or lack of form hasn't been an obvious excuse  as he has played immediately before and after some of the derbys,  I think.

Two most likely scenarios is that Forfar, to all intents and purposes, put him out to loan or Swankie is shitting it playing against his ex-team mates after refusing to come back after his wedding.

Obviously, if he's on the pitch for any length of time on Saturday, the above two scenarios can be shot out the water.

Just now, Lichtie78 said:

It’s definitely an agreement between the two teams-DC has referred to it in at least one interview after games vs Forfar this season.

I thought Pink said that was bollocks.  Basically out to loan in his last season then.

Pretty poor show tbh.  Personally, I would rather he got a game.

I thought Pink said that was bollocks.  Basically out to loan in his last season then.

Pink and the chairman said Gav could play against Forfar at a Q&A in December. Then as has been mentioned in an interview after our new year win Dick said there was an agreement that he couldn’t play

This one here from the new year game, dick says we agreed not to play him when we signed him.

7 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Pink openly lied to the fans at a Q&A (not the only time the fans have been lied to this year sadly, quite a few 'injuries' flying about when it suits) and was then contradicted by Dick (video above) when someone from within the club finally admitted the truth, 6 months after he'd signed and after he'd missed his 3rd game against Forfar in a row.

Considering it was well known from the week prior to the first game we played against Forfar, it was very, very odd that we decided to deny it for months on end before Dick finally admitted the truth. You have to ask why we decided to deny it for so long. There is absolutely no logical reason to do so, and this alongside the makey up injuries we invent when we've dropped players mean I take pretty much everything our management say with a pinch of salt. Very surprisingly a lot of our fans don't seem to care about being lied too with things like this; infact people have actually had a go at me for having the audacity to point out these lies as opposed to being annoyed about the lies themselves, which is just absurd :lol:

It's almost, almost like we're potentially embarrassed that we paid a large fee (for this level) for a player to sign for us and then be unable to play against the team he signed from like it's some sort of weird loan deal.....

It's very frustrating - Swankie's last few games have been superb for us and he's really come on to a game over the past few weeks after a very slow start to the season. Him having to drop out yet again is fucking annoying as I believe he would have been a key player for us tomorrow.

Pink openly lied to the fans at a Q&A (not the only time the fans have been lied to this year sadly, quite a few 'injuries' flying about when it suits) and was then contradicted by Dick (video above) when someone from within the club finally admitted the truth, 6 months after he'd signed and after he'd missed his 3rd game against Forfar in a row.
Considering it was well known from the week prior to the first game we played against Forfar, it was very, very odd that we decided to deny it for months on end before Dick finally admitted the truth. You have to ask why we decided to deny it for so long. There is absolutely no logical reason to do so, and this alongside the makey up injuries we invent when we've dropped players mean I take pretty much everything our management say with a pinch of salt. Very surprisingly a lot of our fans don't seem to care about being lied too with things like this; infact people have actually had a go at me for having the audacity to point out these lies as opposed to being annoyed about the lies themselves, which is just absurd :lol:
It's almost, almost like we're potentially embarrassed that we paid a large fee (for this level) for a player to sign for us and then be unable to play against the team he signed from like it's some sort of weird loan deal.....
It's very frustrating - Swankie's last few games have been superb for us and he's really come on to a game over the past few weeks after a very slow start to the season. Him having to drop out yet again is fucking annoying as I believe he would have been a key player for us tomorrow.

Be prepared for a backlash mate

Swankie has got better as the season has gone on, wouldnt say he’s a key player considering we have mccord and mckenna who can play the same roll and both quality but gav is eventually justifying his place in the team

Some bizarre comments on this as usual and major over reactions. Pink mentioned at the Q&A that there wasn’t any formal arrangement for Gav not to play however Dick intimates in the above interview that “he’s done the right thing” by not playing Gav so it sounds to me as if part of the negotiations to sign him dick just threw it in as a sweetener to get the deal done.

cant say it really bothers me to be honest and people get all hot and bothered about it, strange. 

Gav has been playing really well recently and I’m sure he will play tomorrow, if he doesn’t we have more than enough quality to come in. 

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Some bizarre comments on this as usual and major over reactions. Pink mentioned at the Q&A that there wasn’t any formal arrangement for Gav not to play however Dick intimates in the above interview that “he’s done the right thing” by not playing Gav so it sounds to me as if part of the negotiations to sign him dick just threw it in as a sweetener to get the deal done.

cant say it really bothers me to be honest and people get all hot and bothered about it, strange. 

Gav has been playing really well recently and I’m sure he will play tomorrow, if he doesn’t we have more than enough quality to come in. 

Out of interest, what comments on this thread would you consider 'bizarre'?

2 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Out of interest, what comments on this thread would you consider 'bizarre'?

You making it out as if its some twisted campaign from the club to go out and deliberately lie to the fans and regurgitating it everytime we play forfar. Don’t really get it. 

Its not as if we’ve struggled to beat forfar without him anyway, it’s just not something I get overly worked up about unlike you.

Just now, Smokerson said:

You making it out as if its some twisted campaign from the club to go out and deliberately lie to the fans and regurgitating it everytime we play forfar. Don’t really get it. 

Its not as if we’ve struggled to beat forfar without him anyway, it’s just not something I get overly worked up about unlike you.

Not at all; I just find it really odd. There are plenty of things that happen at a football club that shouldn't be public knowledge but this doesn't seem to fall into that category. People keep bringing it up and asking what the deal is etc. every time we play and that could very easily have been avoided if it had been officially announced from day 1 what the deal was.

I was just pointing out a few things and giving my opinion; but I tend to agree with the 'not this again' shout. As I say, could all be avoided if someone/ club or whatever had properly clarified it way back at the start. If Gav keeps up his recent form until the end of the season and through the potential play offs then maybe a lot of people who were dubious about the whole thing, myself included, will start thinking it wasn't such a bad deal after all....

Totally agree with Denholm for Kader, Martin for Whatley and McCord for Swankie shouts, suspect it will be Denholm and Martin for Kader and Swankie with McCord on the bench however.

Archived