Arbroath vs Forfar

You making it out as if its some twisted campaign from the club to go out and deliberately lie to the fans and regurgitating it everytime we play forfar. Don’t really get it. 
Its not as if we’ve struggled to beat forfar without him anyway, it’s just not something I get overly worked up about unlike you.

You were at the the last 2 games weren't you?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A 3-0 home victory would be lovely today. Expecting a hard game tho, Forfar seem to be improving
Our MO this season seems to be to dominate for the first and last 10-15 minutes or so, and to forget how to play football in the middle hour.....then concede a goal in the last 3 minutes of the game.

Swankie has got better as the season has gone on, wouldnt say he’s a key player considering we have mccord and mckenna who can play the same roll and both quality but gav is eventually justifying his place in the team

Obviously not justifying a place this afternoon....again.

Said on the team sheet that Gomes was playing? Can anyone confirm this...... Easiest game he could wish for,

Terrible conditions, but miles ahead of Forfar, Did Wallace hand ball it? He didn’t seem to complain,  Scott Martin MoM by miles 

Said on the team sheet that Gomes was playing? Can anyone confirm this...... Easiest game he could wish for,
Terrible conditions, but miles ahead of Forfar, Did Wallace hand ball it? He didn’t seem to complain,  Scott Martin MoM by miles 

Definite hand ball from Wallace

Routine win over a poor Forfar side. Don't think they had a shot at goal during the whole game, talk about easing Gomes back into the side, the only thing he had to do was take goal kicks.

Not a lot of football played, mainly big kicks up the park, nobody stood out for me but Scott Martin's workmate was great. Lovely goal from O'Brian and a good strikers finish from McIntosh. 

Hope the weather improves so that the pitch will be OK for Wednesday night.

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 17:51, tbsouth said:

Loons go nap.

Thought you meant goals rather than bookings but spot on there my teuchter friend;)

As comfortable as comfortable could be for Arbroath who were totally dominant in difficult conditions, great team performance. We clearly don't need Swankie against Forfar nice wee day off for him.

Very comfortable win. Gomes had nothing to do all game. We can play better than that by miles and some of the football first half was awful. Thought denholms corner was going straight in without needing any help. Martin had an excellent game. I think his creativity and passing can improve though. Thought Linn and Yule were also excellent and Ricky strolled it at the back. He is a Legend. McIntosh looks like the only striker we have that has some poaching instinct. Wish we wouldn't punt the ball up in the air so much but very happy with the result.

I thought considering the conditions we put in an excellent performance, especially second half. We never gave Forfar much at all and really restricted them, while still creating quite a few chances ourselves. The sort of performance that may be considered average in perfect conditions, but considering the pitch, the rain and the wind I think we handed the game extremely well.

I thought considering the conditions we put in an excellent performance, especially second half. We never gave Forfar much at all and really restricted them, while still creating quite a few chances ourselves. The sort of performance that may be considered average in perfect conditions, but considering the pitch, the rain and the wind I think we handed the game extremely well.

I mostly agree with this but when we kept the ball on the ground and ran at their defenders we were far better than when we were playing into their hands with the big hump in the air with the wind blowing.

Archived