Brewdog - Beer For Girls

Guest bernardblack

The video on their website actually makes sense; there’s the blue Punk IPA and Pink IPA, but they’re exactly the same on the inside as they believe that we all are. A bit ‘birthday caird pish’, but a valid point in context. If they managed to get exactly that point across in the poster/image advertisement then I doubt there’d be an issue at all, but people can’t be arsed reading or watching anything other than the first glance so Brewdog will be left with the job of explaining the whole thing to those who will have already cried sexism.

Their beer is also very good, I’m not quite understanding the sheer disgust at Punk IPA which is excellent. I do, however, agree with the consensus that all “I only drink craft ales” people are utter c***s.

Would brewdog not be considered the antithesis of “hipster” now?
Now a huge company with a relatively healthy market share.
If you were into them when they were a real craft brewer and now reject them, then you are a hipster.
I don’t mind their beer, but then again I’d drink turps.

41 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Brewdog is tremendous. Love (most of) their beer. I don’t really care what the owners get up to when I’m having a pint/can/bottle (I’ve never seen any of the promotional videos or whatever).

Folk it’s hipster beer, but to me it seems to be hipsterish to say that it’s for hipsters and act like ‘real men’ scorn it and only drink Tennents.

Only thing I hate more than Brewdog is Tennents. Watery pish and overly hoppy pish are both still pish. As has been mentioned, plenty of good breweries producing decent craft beers.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Brewdog is tremendous. Love (most of) their beer. I don’t really care what the owners get up to when I’m having a pint/can/bottle (I’ve never seen any of the promotional videos or whatever).

Folk it’s hipster beer, but to me it seems to be hipsterish to say that it’s for hipsters and act like ‘real men’ scorn it and only drink Tennents.

I like them too. There is plenty better (Tiny Rebel in Wales for one, Northern Monk in Yorkshire), but the city centre pubs can be an oasis in a desert of crap, less independent,  chain pubs.

I had drunk their beer a few times, then saw an article on TV about their expansion into the USA. Thought the guys were absolute wanks, and haven't touched the stuff since. Try Williams or Harviestoun beer from Clackmannanshire , the home of Scottish brewing.

35 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

I had drunk their beer a few times, then saw an article on TV about their expansion into the USA. Thought the guys were absolute wanks, and haven't touched the stuff since. Try Williams or Harviestoun beer from Clackmannanshire , the home of Scottish brewing.

What's wrong with an expansion in to the USA? Haven't seen the article in question though 

41 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

That's like people who voted leave because they thought Cameron was a fat smug Tory c**t. 

That's like people who voted leave because they thought Cameron was a fat smug Tory c**t. 

For me it was exactly like the " people you dislike for no apparent reason thread", I took an instant dislike to them. plenty more beers to drink, and they don't need my money, so no loss either way.

Would brewdog not be considered the antithesis of “hipster” now?
Now a huge company with a relatively healthy market share.
If you were into them when they were a real craft brewer and now reject them, then you are a hipster.
I don’t mind their beer, but then again I’d drink turps.

I remember years ago having a conversation with someone who had been really into a couple of bands, only to completely hate them once they had managed to do well because they’d “sold out” by getting some kind of deal.

They didn’t like my argument that either you like something or you don’t. It’s no different if they are small-scale or large, otherwise it’s not the actual product you like, it’s whatever you think supporting it at small-scale level says about you.

Funnily enough they didn’t agree [emoji23]