Livingston v Inverness CT

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is off we've only got two free midweeks before the final game of the season - 20th March and 24th April (assuming that they'll rearrange the game for a Tuesday as they tend to do).

26 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I honestly can’t see this being on, pitch will be waterlogged. 

Only if we don't use the covers on Saturday. Because of the thaw spreading over several days there isn't actually a lot of water around.

The heavy rain on Saturday is the biggest risk though.

5 hours ago, RiG said:

Do Livi not bother with pitch protection / clearing? There doesn't seem to be much of an effort to get games on at the minute. And that's not meant to be a slant on you guys. ICT have definitely been less bothered about getting games to go ahead in the face of bad weather since we got relegated.

Theirs only so many places you can shovel a mountain of snow ,Livi did advertise for fans to come down with shovels unfortunately it had to be cancelled due to more snow falling on Monday .  It’s been a good couple off drying day so hopefully all the snows gone and the game will be on .  

Just now, snorkie said:

Theirs only so many places you can shovel a mountain of snow ,Livi did advertise for fans to come down with shovels unfortunately it had to be cancelled due to more snow falling on Monday .  It’s been a good couple off drying day so hopefully all the snows gone and the game will be on .  

Also the pitch was waterlogged after that snowfall melting, and it has been a combo of light rain followed by frosty mornings since. Temp has been up through the day though but heavy rain is forecast mid morning on Saturday.

I would guess the early inspection is for the Inverness fans and players making their way down. If they thought the game had absolutely no chance of going ahead, would they not have done the inspection today? 

6 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Pitch doesn't look too bad tbh.

Literally just seen that myself, would like to think, given the mildish temperatures forecast for overnight the game shouldn’t be in any doubt going by those pictures. 

Just now, ATLIS said:

Still funny thinking back about a partnership of Griffiths and One

I remember them both playing at a Morton away game, Morton players marking One at a corner and left Griffiths free to head in a goal, the shear size of One made him intimidating but he was a big useless lump at corners and couldn't jump to save himself, was FAF them allowing Griffiths our most dangerous player a free header and 3 of them marking One.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I remember them both playing at a Morton away game, Morton players marking One at a corner and left Griffiths free to head in a goal, the shear size of One made him intimidating but he was a big useless lump at corners and couldn't jump to save himself, was FAF them allowing Griffiths our most dangerous player a free header and 3 of them marking One.

So to recap, three marked one but no one marked Griffiths.

Really disappointed and surprised, it’s not been frosty overnight, the pictures would indicate the pitch is playable, wonder if this has been called off due to the forecast of quite a bit of rain during the day today and the travelling that’s inverness have to do. 

Archived