Livingston v Inverness CT

Not looking good for this one, heavy snow here in West Lothian again today, pitch was already under a foot and a half of snow. 

I was down on Sunday trying to clear the pitch and we got to the 18 yard box, going to take a hell of a lot more bodies to get the snow off, even then the pitch was pretty hard under foot too. 

If this does beat the weather I’m not sure what to make of this game, in the 3 games this season against Inverness they’ve been one of the best teams we’ve played, but yet we are unbeaten against them and are 19 points clear of them, all be it having played 2 more games, imo we are fortunate to have taken 5 points from them. 

The rest we’ve had would’ve helped us I think, at Morton last Tuesday we didn’t play particularly well and looked leggy so a rest will have recharged the batteries ahead of the run in. 

If Robinson isn’t fit, we have the option of Jacobs who came on and played 70 minutes last Tuesday, or the return of Thompson, think that may be the only decision we have to make in terms of starting 11. 

Think if Inverness are to challenge for a play off place they will have to win this one, if we are to seriously consider challenging St mirren we will probably have to take 7 from the next 3 games minimum. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

If this does beat the weather I’m not sure what to make of this game, in the 3 games this season against Inverness they’ve been one of the best teams we’ve played, but yet we are unbeaten against them and are 19 points clear of them, all be it having played 2 more games, imo we are fortunate to have taken 5 points from them.

I was thinking much the same. Livi easily dispatched us in the first game up north but since then we've been the better side in the other two games yet only come away with two points. As per usual with us we simply don't take our chances. Overall though Livi are by far the better side as can be seen by looking at the league table. Wouldn't be surprised to see us go down by a single goal here.

What chances would you give the game going ahead? I think we're already looking at Saturday and midweek games for the rest of the season. Another postponement would not be welcome at all.

Don't know about the away games against them but I  thought we could've won it if we'd been more attack minded,  but Hoppy set us up not to lose and played for the draw when they were there for the taking to get all 3 points. With Hardie and Miller signed I don't think he'll set us up so negatively this time (if it goes ahead),  hope not anyway.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Don't know about the away games against them but I  thought we could've won it if we'd been more attack minded,  but Hoppy set us up not to lose and played for the draw when they were there for the taking to get all 3 points. With Hardie and Miller signed I don't think he'll set us up so negatively this time (if it goes ahead),  hope not anyway.

The first away game for the first half hour they ran over the top of us, first team this season that really had us chasing shadows, we grabbed a goal against the run of play and never looked back and in the end deserved our win in that one. 

The 2nd game away, although we played against 10 men for what an hour ? We didn’t create a great deal and if truth be told they should’ve beat us having a couple of chances to make it 2-0 and kill the game.

The home game, true what you say we set up quite negative but if there was a team that deserved to win that game it was them, had a couple of great chances and can’t remember us really creating much at all. 

As you say though, with Hardie and Miller we look far more threatening going forward now so hopefully that plays to our advantage a bit in this one. 

2 hours ago, paisleysaints said:

Come on the Caley or the snow!! fixture pile up or a loss will do me lol  Hope you do enough to cement 2nd place behind us though,  Given how well your grinding out results nothing surprises me right now

Heartening to see St mirren fans looking over their shoulders a bit but it’s gonna take one hell of a collapse from your side and for us to keep up this run which will take a monumental effort. 

Id say we’d need to win 8 of our last 10 to even come close to catching you, not impossible but very tough. 

It’s nice being able to relax knowing we’ve achieved our objective and can just see what happens from now until the end of the season without much pressure. 

I see the recent snow has caused our pitch to be waterlogged, and the snow clearing has also been postponed for now. Our pitch is going to be in a bit of a state playing on it even if we do get this on, and we've another 2 home games the following week.

Quite a thaw on at the moment with temperatures up to about 6 degrees.

Waterlogged pitch is a concern but no real rain forecast between now and Saturday so, provided the ground isn't frozen, this shouldn't be a problem.

Quite a thaw on indeed, my worry would be a waterlogged pitch now though, a lot of snow will have melted, as I said a foot and a half was on the pitch Sunday and we only got a small amount off it. 

If this does get the go ahead the pitch is going to take a hammering next week with 3 home games in a row. 

Really need the pitch to be clear of snow by tomorrow morning to allow it to dry out properly.

Saturday though is looking like heavy rain from 9 am through to about 2 pm so I hope the covers will be down and not taken up until an hour before the game.

Don't want another football free weekend; the missus is getting too used to having me around the house.  She doesnt seem to realise that just because I'm not going to a game it doesn't mean that we can take a nice long trip to Ikea. :thumbsdown

Wouldn’t bother me if the game was off this Saturday ,the game against Morton on Tuesday and the game against Falkirk will bring bigger crowds so ide be saving the pitch for both these games ...also I can get to see the rugger :)

There are streets in Livi which still have huge mounds of snow, so I dunno what makes us think that Almondvale has its own wee micro-climate where it's all thawed. As far as I'm aware there hasn't been any snow clearing going on at the stadium since Sunday, so I'd imagine there will be loads still on the pitch.

No chance this one will go ahead.

Wouldn’t bother me if the game was off this Saturday ,the game against Morton on Tuesday and the game against Falkirk will bring bigger crowds so ide be saving the pitch for both these games ...also I can get to see the rugger [emoji4]

Who cares who brings what crowds also f**k rugby.

Do Livi not bother with pitch protection / clearing? There doesn't seem to be much of an effort to get games on at the minute. And that's not meant to be a slant on you guys. ICT have definitely been less bothered about getting games to go ahead in the face of bad weather since we got relegated.

Most of the flat lying snow seems to have gone (not the stuff hard-packed into piles but hopefully we've not got any of those on the pitch).

The real risk is a waterlogged pitch, not from melted snow but from the heavy rain forecast for tomorrow. The ground is still very firm if not entirely frozen which will stop water draining away.

I would hope the covers were put down today but without full time grounds staff its a bit of an unknown.

If however its decided that the ground will not sufficiently thaw out in time we might hear that the game has been called off some time this afternoon - but with temperatures for today forecast at between 6 - 7 degrees potentially it shouldn't be a problem to inset the spike to the required depth however all of this is just supposition.

Archived