Things the Middle Classes do.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am middle class and the following things I have done to prove this:

Eaten couscous for my lunch on a building site.

Gone for sushi during my lunch break at the same building site when there was a Greg’s near by.

Told coworkers I didn’t want to talk in graphic detail about my sex life with my partner on grounds that it “Wasn’t appropriate conversation”

Went to York with my girlfriend and commented how it was nowhere near as nice as Edinburgh whilst enjoying an £8 cocktail.

Bought a BMW when I was a student.

Went on an expensive holiday to Ibiza during the recession.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Argue about what "Middle Class" means

Damn you.  Now I can't post what I wanted to without being (incorrectly) pigeonholed.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Apologise before correcting people

Sorry but I think you mean Radio 4

Guilty pleasure, The Archers. An absolute addict LoL!!!!!

21 minutes ago, throbber said:

I am middle class and the following things I have done to prove this:

Eaten couscous for my lunch on a building site.

Gone for sushi during my lunch break at the same building site when there was a Greg’s near by.

Told coworkers I didn’t want to talk in graphic detail about my sex life with my partner on grounds that it “Wasn’t appropriate conversation”

Went to York with my girlfriend and commented how it was nowhere near as nice as Edinburgh whilst enjoying an £8 cocktail.

Bought a BMW when I was a student.

Went on an expensive holiday to Ibiza during the recession.

Defining social class principally in terms of consumerism marks you out as working class.

If you were middle class you'd view it in terms of education.

If you were upper class you'd see it as a matter of breeding.

19 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Defining social class principally in terms of consumerism marks you out as working class.

If you were middle class you'd view it in terms of education.

If you were upper class you'd see it as a matter of breeding.

I have learnt something today.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I've always been somewhere between middle and working class. Bit of an awkward sod who is neither one nor the other. 

Totally get what you mean. Working class Maternal Grandparents that were actually around, therefore closer with them, however a somewhat middleclass upbringing. 

Suffice to say I now live in Slateford, have a Labrador, wear a Barbour jacket, despise the Tories, cook our own meals from scratch (Very middle class, deserves a post of its own), drink red wine and Tennents of the same evening whilst watching Rugby then playing FIFA18 till 3am. Oh, and also post shit like this!

I’m a walking contradiction  :huh:

19 minutes ago, SaintDougie said:

Totally get what you mean. Working class Maternal Grandparents that were actually around, therefore closer with them, however a somewhat middleclass upbringing. 

Suffice to say I now live in Slateford, have a Labrador, wear a Barbour jacket, despise the Tories, cook our own meals from scratch (Very middle class, deserves a post of its own), drink red wine and Tennents of the same evening whilst watching Rugby then playing FIFA18 till 3am. Oh, and also post shit like this!

I’m a walking contradiction  :huh:

Well Operation Yewtree will be along shortly now.   

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Well Operation Yewtree will be along shortly now.   

Care to explain?

Or is there a Slateford outwith Edinburgh that has some sort of former Radio 1 presenters nursing home that I'm unaware of?

Archived