Ayr vs Raith

39 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

For the first time in many years dont have a season but have used someone elses in the past to access raith tv and the guys do a great job

Niall,must have posted a same time.Didnt realise non season ticket could access Raith tv 

Full details here: http://raith.tv/ Set yourself up and pay for access 24 hours before the match :-)

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the guys do a great job. Thanks for filling in the blanks with that niall, I couldn't remember it all but it was advertised non the less [emoji23]

I have work commitments till 2 or I would have made the trek through for this one. So I will be relying on the guys again.

The fact that the build up to this critical game is so muted on here is probably a reflection of how poor both teams have been this season despite their records on paper. It feels like whoever wins the title will be falling over the line rather than winning it in style.  Strange one 

The fact that the build up to this critical game is so muted on here is probably a reflection of how poor both teams have been this season despite their records on paper. It feels like whoever wins the title will be falling over the line rather than winning it in style.  Strange one 

Agreed if either team had fixed certain issues they would’ve run away with the league. Ultimately defensive and goalkeeping errors mean we’re not away out in front. Likewise if Raith had a better away record they would probably have won the league by now.

It’s probably the closest title race there’s been in this league for years but it makes it much more interesting.

Bad news - Robertson doubtful according to today's Courier.

Smith’s team then will likely be..

Lennox
Thomson Bene Murray McHattie
Barr Vaughan Matthews Zanatta
Buchanan Furtado

Bench: Smith, McKay, Hendry, Spence, Court and some u20’s

Hard to be confident. A new CB partnership involving Bene switching over to RCB, McHattie thrown in at the deep end, Vaughan in midfield, Bobby Barr, an inconsistent Zanatta and under performing Buchanan.

Smashing.

I’m going to throw a curve ball to our lineup. Similar to our 3-0 win, but still not sure on Doc and Crawford making the starting 11.

Ruddy

Fergusson Rose Bell Boyle

Geggan Kerr Adams McDaid

Shankland Moffat 

Subs: Hart, Reid, Docherty, Crawford, McGuffie, Forrest, Moore

Crawford makes it I’d swap him with Fergusson and McDaid on the right. Doc for Kerr of match fit.

2-0 Ayr, Shankland double.

Doubt we will see any drastic changes Smith will try and play it as safe as possible.  Would be nice to see Smith show some faith in Hendry or even play Murray in defensive midfield but highly doubt we will see that.

Lennox

Thomson  Bene  Murray  McHattie

Furtado  Matthews  Vaughan  Zannatta

Spence  Buchanan

Doubt we will see any drastic changes Smith will try and play it as safe as possible.  Would be nice to see Smith show some faith in Hendry or even play Murray in defensive midfield but highly doubt we will see that.

Lennox

Thomson  Bene  Murray  McHattie

Furtado  Matthews  Vaughan  Zannatta

Spence  Buchanan

I think he’ll probably go with the full eleven players. A 9 man team would be a bold move.

We gave McCall some stick for harping on about injuries and not having their strongest starting 11 out after the 1-1 draw at Starks....looks like it'll be our turn to use that excuse this time round. If we somehow manage to come away with anything, be that 1 point or 3 points, I'll be very surprised. 

If we go 4-4-2 we’ll get pumped. Vaughan isn’t able to play in a 2, especially not away to the most proficient attacking outfit in the country. I’d be tempted to go 4-5-1 with Furtado up front on his own and Matthews, Robertson and Vaughan in the middle. That’s obviously based on Robertson being fit, which is really unlikely.

That leaves us in a real pickle, because we only have two centre midfielders, because Regan Hendry clearly doesn’t count. Can Murray play centre mid? I don’t think he’s ever played there for us. He’s the only one I can think of who might be able to out of the rest of the squad. With the middle of the park being so weak I can only see an Ayr win. A shame that we’ve gone to Ayr with a completely out of shape side and in bad form both times.

It’s funny that in all 4 games between the sides there’s always been one side missing key players.

If Robertson doesn’t play I’ll be much more confident of a win. He’s probably the best midfielder in the league and they missed his influence in the last game at Somerset.

If Smith isn't willing to play Henry at the end of games against mid-table teams, I'd be amazed if we throws him into the mix in our biggest game of the season so far. I'm not very optimistic about this, but I'll probably head along. Every time I seem to listen to Rovers abroad, we seem to drop points, so that might be a positive omen. :lol:

Everyone has McHattie at LB with Murray in the middle.

I'd be far happier with Murray staying at LB and MacKay replacing Davo in the middle.

I think McHattie would get pecker slapped and given he's hardly played I would be shocked to see him start, especially as MacKay had done well before Bene came back.

Robertson is key for 2 reasons.

1. He's a great player

2. It may (should) allow Vaughan to play a more attacking role.

I've been at all 3 game v Ayr this season and I think we're up against it.

Would take a point right now.

6 minutes ago, Deadly said:

Everyone has McHattie at LB with Murray in the middle.

I'd be far happier with Murray staying at LB and MacKay replacing Davo in the middle.

I think McHattie would get pecker slapped and given he's hardly played I would be shocked to see him start, especially as MacKay had done well before Bene came back.

Robertson is key for 2 reasons.

1. He's a great player

2. It may (should) allow Vaughan to play a more attacking role.

I've been at all 3 game v Ayr this season and I think we're up against it.

Would take a point right now.

Picking McHattie over MacKay is exactly what Barry Smith would do. He has been making the same sort of decisions all season. 

Considering our midfield is likely to be about as sturdy as a wet paper bag he'll be desperate to get Murray and Benedictus playing in the middle together.

Archived