Ayr vs Raith

22 minutes ago, MadMadge said:

He should do the right thing and apologise to McDaid, Ayr Utd and Raith Rovers. If he meant it in a different context (which I have been told) he needs to explain himself.

Exactly and before it's too late.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a bit of debate after the game as to whether Shankland should’ve been on the field after treading on Raith’s Ross Matthews before he scored. But the striker insisted he didn’t intend to hurt the midfielder.

Shankland said: “I turned to speak to the ref and the boy was on the floor. I thought he rolled up and I just stepped on the bottom of his sole. There was no malice in it. I didn’t stamp him.”

Thread/

The footage on page 22 of this thread is as clear as day. Shankland does not stamp on the Raith lad but he lengthens his stride to quite deliberately stand on his leg.In the game nowadays its a straight red and two game suspension so he is a very lucky boy. Quite understandable why Raith fans would feel aggrieved.

Looks like the league will go all the way to the back end of April now so just out of interest I had a look at the remaining fixtures both Ayr and Raith have left and looked at how each of us did in them earlier in the season.  I'm drawing some hope from the fact that if the fixtures were repeated exactly Ayr would pick up 8 wins and a defeat (away to Airdrie) while Raith would win 5, draw 2 (Forfar and Airdrie away) and lose one (Stranraer away).  That would wrap up the title before a last home game against Albion Rovers at Somerset. The way Raith's away form has dropped off, I'm hoping we don't see much of an improvement, but to be honest, all games will take on an added challenge for both of us from now on in.

Struggling to think of how shouting something like that can have an alternate context to what we all fear the real reason was. 
Interested to hear though. 

There's the same context as the "who's the monkey in the gloves" chant (which seems to have died, thankfully) but frankly, it's such an emotionally charged word, you'd have to be a fucking moron to use it under any circumstances.

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

There's the same context as the "who's the monkey in the gloves" chant (which seems to have died, thankfully) but frankly, it's such an emotionally charged word, you'd have to be a fucking moron to use it under any circumstances.

Agreed. Can we just fucking bin that forever (it made an appearance on Saturday)? Its shite banter anyway. 

2 hours ago, MadMadge said:

He should do the right thing and apologise to McDaid, Ayr Utd and Raith Rovers. If he meant it in a different context (which I have been told) he needs to explain himself.

Its now Tuesday and if hes not done it by now hes unlikely to unless hes outed or the fact he used that word thinks he may think  hes done nothing wrong

Anyway,much like the Shankland incident this has been done to death on this forum

43 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Anyway,much like the Shankland incident this has been done to death on this forum

Agree, we fucking pummeled you, end thread. 

Archived