Ayr vs Raith

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be disappointed not to bring  500 odd like Ayr brought to Starks. We brought about that to St Mirren when we were on a far worse run than this and in a far worse place.

That said, our travelling support is pretty fickle. Doesn't take much to really effect numbers.

Whatever happens I think we’ll still be fine. 

Ill be there. Still haven’t seen us lose a game this season. Last game I was at felt like a defeat right enough...

I’d really like us to attack from the off and put Ayr under pressure from the get go. None of that keep it tight pish because ultimately Ayr will score at some point regardless.

I think we’ll take a decent crowd though to be fair. 

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I wonder if club will open railway end for this one .will raith bring a big support ?

If they do I hope it's for our fans, waste of cash if it's for Raith.

3-0 Rovers Shankland sent off and Bobby Barr soundly thrashed in front of the pie stall after he and 50/50 Jim lose the plot, Jim kneecaps him with his stick then runs over his fingers with the wheelchair shouting"ye canni shirk oot the wey oh that wan ya wee p***k".

Not going to lie, I’m absoulotely shitting myself ahead of this one. I think this game will have a massive bearing on whether the title is coming to Ayr or Kirkcaldy. Whoever wins it is going to be strong, strong favourites. 

McCall has a few selection dilemas with us having a fully fit (Higgins excluded) squad to fit from. Personally I’d go:

Ruddy

Geggan
Bell
Rose
Boyle

McDaid
Kerr 
Adams
Crawford

Moffat
 Shankland

Subs- Hart, Ferguson, Reid, Docherty, McGuffie, Forrest, Moore 

Going by what I’ve read in the AP etc it appears Crawford is just lacking match fitness while Docherty isn’t fully fit yet. 

I don’t really think Shankland and Moore works as a partnership and Moffat is a much more intelligent player than Moore and can link up the player better. Moore always does well coming off the bench. 

I’ll go for a 2-1 win to the Super. A late winner ensuring limbs in the Somerset Road End.

I’d be disappointed if Raith failed to bring 500+. As for sticking them in the Railway End? f**k them, they stuck us in the corner of that stands  for the midweek game in the championship and aye I am still bitter about it. 

Bring it on you Fife minks etc. 

How on earth can the majority of a team's support have a feeling of gloom when only four points have been dropped at home? Oh aye, and being four points ahead at the top?

Because they’ve not won in a month and are shite away from home.

37 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

How on earth can the majority of a team's support have a feeling of gloom when only four points have been dropped at home? Oh aye, and being four points ahead at the top?

Good questions. 

I’m not sure why, but I really don’t feel moved to travel to Ayr. I’ve been to 4 games at Ayr and every time I go we get a draw. Last time I went was for the 2-2 draw last time we won this league.

I’ve only been to three away games this season: East Fife (5-0 win back in the heady days of August);  Albion Rovers (2-1 defeat); Alloa (0-0 draw). 

I hope we can manage another draw. 

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Honestly can’t see us winning here.  Hope I’m wrong and this is the game to shake us out of the lethargic hole we’ve been in 

Ayr 1X is 4/9. Phreee Munnney.

Archived