Ayr vs Raith

3 hours ago, Taz said:

My brother in law being a Rovers fan was next to the incident and was due to a fan calling McDaid a monkey. He complained to the referee and stewards and police got involved. The accused then spent the rest of the game crapping himself at being arrested 

lol

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Why move a guy to a different position when he’s on fire! Smith to blame in my opinion.

Smith is bad for that. Instead of playing some youth player he’ll try and shoe horn an older more experienced player into an unfamiliar position.

Either way, i’m not worried. Ayr will lose or draw at Arbroath on Wednesday.

fuckinTIT

Didn't see or hear exactly what happened with McDaid at the end, so not going to comment on hearsay.
However, we certainly have one complete p***k among our support - the muppet who thought it was big and clever to chuck food at the Ayr goalkeeper right at the start. The keeper clapped our fans, but was only acknowledging the fact we had a decent sized and noisy support - he certainly wasn't doing it in any sort of provocative or malicious way. 
As far as the game is concerned, it was mutual hoofball and blood and thunder for 25 minutes, but only one team in control thereafter. 
In the end, we were maybe fortunate to get away with 3-0.

It was the group who were foaming at the mouth at the ex Pars players that got me. 3-0 down and they're screaming at them as if it would somehow make everything all right.

My money is on it being the Raith fan in the blue jacket, who after the third (I think) goal went toward the Raith dugout, incensed, to give them what I can only imagine was a jolly good talking to.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's Smith's tactical adviser.

Maybe it was just where I was standing, but Furtado fired a shot well wide in the second half to the right of Ruddy, which clearly didn't touch an Ayr player, and the ref gave a corner. Not only  that, but he pointed the corner to be taken from the opposite side, and changed his mind after the Raith players complained. Very strange.

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Maybe it was just where I was standing, but Furtado fired a shot well wide in the second half to the right of Ruddy, which clearly didn't touch an Ayr player, and the ref gave a corner. Not only  that, but he pointed the corner to be taken from the opposite side, and changed his mind after the Raith players complained. Very strange.

Yeah, I thought that it was a good shot from Willis, but it didn't seem to take any deflections. Games at this level are riddled with decisions like this. 

12 minutes ago, liam_barnett said:

Shankland was very cute with his wee walk on part, I'm not into legbreakers in football but I do like wee bits like that when the other mob are rolling around like fannies.

I think Furtado is a bit lucky there in regards to his tackle on Boyle.

I don’t think he’s malicious but he goes into the tackle off the ground and clearly isn’t in control.

The delay between Adams scoring and then realising he’s scored is brilliant. His celebration towards the Ayr fans which isn’t shown afterwards shows what it means to him. After the stop start career he’s had he deserves a bit of glory.

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I don’t think he’s malicious but he goes into the tackle off the ground and clearly isn’t in control.

The delay between Adams scoring and then realising he’s scored is brilliant. His celebration towards the Ayr fans which isn’t shown afterwards shows what it means to him. After the stop start career he’s had he deserves a bit of glory.

I thought it was a good tackle at the time, the highlights aren't changing my mind.

10 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I've never realised that big Jamie is quicker than McDaid until that goal.

Game to forget for us, but still a few games to go.

Ayr were the better side, but to be honest, we were fucking Shite, even most teams in this league would have beaten us with that performance. 

Smith playing a team without Spence and Buchanan from the says it all really. Absolute joke to not at least have one of them start (Spence) 

vaughan has been fucking shite for months, regardless if he’s played in midfield or not. Clearly thinks he’s bigger than the rovers and should have been sold in January. Grateful that he’s shown loyalty to the club after last season,  but he should be doing better than he has in the last few games. His set pieces are absolutely pish. You could get 10 year olds in the stand to hit better set pieces than his.

also get Mchattie back to Auchmuty High school. Absolute shite. 

If the logical change from Barry was to put Hendry in midfield then surely the logical change in defence was to put McKay in for Davidson and continue with Murray at left back? Granted McKay didn’t have the best games against Shankland at Kirkcaldy, but I still think we would have been more defensively sound than with fucking Mchattie back ya left back..

Smith’s team selection today was beyond bizarre. Anyone from the outside in would have went with:

Lennox

Thompson

Mckay

Benedictus

Murray

Zanatta

Matthews

Vaughan

Furtado

Buchanan

Spence

But no. Players like Barr shouldn’t be playing for us again after his comments about the fans etc. Granted some of our fans are absolute fannies, but still. Get him to f**k. The boy has given up. Doesn’t want to play for us anymore. Bench or rip up contract good bye.

I can’t believe how much Barr has regressed as a player. He was always a gobby shite but he had so much ability.

Now he’s turned into a has been who argues with his own fans on Twitter. Surely Smith has to pull him up for that.

I don’t agree with constant abuse but you don’t ever offer fans a fight outside or argue like an idiot on Twitter.

He’ll be in League Two next season with Clyde or something.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I can’t believe how much Barr has regressed as a player. He was always a gobby shite but he had so much ability.

Now he’s turned into a has been who argues with his own fans on Twitter. Surely Smith has to pull him up for that.

I don’t agree with constant abuse but you don’t ever offer fans a fight outside or argue like an idiot on Twitter.

He’ll be in League Two next season with Clyde or something.

Correct. 

Archived