Ayr vs Raith

49 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

What happened with McDaid and the Raith fans when he complained to the ref?

There was a racist comment from the small group heading out of the away end. 

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Taz said:

perhaps someone else can back that up, looks as if that was the case though I trust him 

My brother was standing where the small group were and clearly heard them shouting racist remarks.

51 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Vaughan hasn't kicked a ball for months. Partly because Smith has played him out of position and partly because he thinks he's better then he is.

Scoring for fun at the start of the season when he was being used correctly.

29 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Ayr signed Gareth Wardlaw at what, 26 years old(?), from amateur football, and he went on to play in the SPL.
To suggest a man with the talent of Shankland in his early 20s has 'found his level' at League 1 is laughable.

The state of Scottish football if he has any real ability he should have made it by now he done next to nothing at a higher level. Not taking anything away from the boy but it' s Scottish football not champions league. 

I thought mcdaid was white? I'm sure there was similar chat on here after the last game between the two sides. Black b*****d being used in a mankey b*****d sort of way. Not saying it's pc or right to be shouting that sort of pish but just trying to help clear it up a bit.

Eta completely fucked up what I was saying due to autocorrect.

3 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Doesn't excuse the fact while playing midfield his passing decision making etc has been piss poor.

Maybe because he’s not really a midfielder. He’s better playing up front.

or just behind the forwards. Either way, not a centre midfielder.

Thought we helped create a great atmosphere at the start of the game but the enthusiasm slowly dwindled watching that performance.

Gutted MacKay didn't start with Murray at LB. Mackay has been great and it must be a real slap in the puss to be overlooked for McHattie.

If fan has racially abused anyone he should be named, shamed and told to never come back. Embarrassing and please don't tar all rovers fans with the same brush.

Chucking food at the keeper was pretty embarrassing too. Saying that, it gave him something to do I suppose.

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I thought mcdaid was white? I'm sure there was similar chat on here after the last game between the two sides. Black b*****d being used in a mankey b*****d sort of way. Not saying it's pc or right to be shouting that sort of pish but just trying to help clear it up a bit.

I think the chat last time was to do with an Ayr song referencing our Kilmarnock brethren as you mentioned above.

Totally different from racially abusing a player though.

22 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Small point but am I missing something here isn't Declan white?

He has a caucasian mother and black father.

17 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Wow, there’s a difference in making monkey gestures towards a black player and calling a set of people manky :lol:

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Maybe because he’s not really a midfielder. He’s better playing up front.

or just behind the forwards. Either way, not a centre midfielder.

Hir general play has been poor he has talent obviously but it doesn't matter where he plays he should be able to make a simple pass and don'tget me started on his set pieces. 

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

Hir general play has been poor he has talent obviously but it doesn't matter where he plays he should be able to make a simple pass and don'tget me started on his set pieces. 

Why move a guy to a different position when he’s on fire! Smith to blame in my opinion.

Smith is bad for that. Instead of playing some youth player he’ll try and shoe horn an older more experienced player into an unfamiliar position.

Either way, i’m not worried. Ayr will lose or draw at Arbroath on Wednesday.

Why move a guy to a different position when he’s on fire! Smith to blame in my opinion.
Smith is bad for that. Instead of playing some youth player he’ll try and shoe horn an older more experienced player into an unfamiliar position.
Either way, i’m not worried. Ayr will lose or draw at Arbroath on Wednesday.

And Raith will lose at Forfar

Archived