AYRSHIRE PREMIER WINNERS AND RELEGATION

THEMOLE91

Been best premier league in many a year I think. Shortlees pushing Hurlford Thistle all the way. Kilbride with a brilliant late rally to compete with the top two and have a say in who wins it. Hurlford AFC with some start beating Shortlees heavily but unfortunately tailing off at back end off season. Cumnock and Ardrossan staying up against the odds. Tarbolton having a good late run to be in top 5. All in all its been a really good year in the Premier and I think it will get even better next season. 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been best premier league in many a year I think. Shortlees pushing Hurlford Thistle all the way. Kilbride with a brilliant late rally to compete with the top two and have a say in who wins it. Hurlford AFC with some start beating Shortlees heavily but unfortunately tailing off at back end off season. Cumnock and Ardrossan staying up against the odds. Tarbolton having a good late run to be in top 5. All in all its been a really good year in the Premier and I think it will get even better next season. 

Watched a lot of Ayrshire games this year. Have to say i’ve really enjoyed watching kilbride and tarbolton.

Due to work I only managed to get to games from March on, I made the semi on Friday and HT were excellent v a tired Shortlees team so lets hope they are rested for their Scottish Cup Final and I wish them all the best.  I fully agree about Kilbride, they will be ones to watch next season. The premier next season will be cut throat as two very good teams joining so when the transfer rumour mill goes into full flow (someone start a thread) some teams are going to have to up their game as with the dominance of Thistle and Lees and the emergence of the young Kilbride team, any of the rest could go down? Recruitment is key!

1 hour ago, THEMOLE91 said:

Due to work I only managed to get to games from March on, I made the semi on Friday and HT were excellent v a tired Shortlees team so lets hope they are rested for their Scottish Cup Final and I wish them all the best.  I fully agree about Kilbride, they will be ones to watch next season. The premier next season will be cut throat as two very good teams joining so when the transfer rumour mill goes into full flow (someone start a thread) some teams are going to have to up their game as with the dominance of Thistle and Lees and the emergence of the young Kilbride team, any of the rest could go down? Recruitment is key!

Spot on. It's all about who attracts who. If a certain clubs wallet stays shut then I think we could be in for the most competitive premier league in many a year. 6/7 teams competing for the same players

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, das scooter boy said:

#winnertakesall #WAR

Buzzing for this game on Monday lol. What an end of season game ,hope the lees can  end the domination of thistle , going to be a barnstormer ,  it's a war zone let's have it , hahaha. 

29 minutes ago, The riddler said:

Buzzing for this game on Monday lol. What an end of season game ,hope the lees can  end the domination of thistle , going to be a barnstormer ,  it's a war zone let's have it , hahaha. 

Pressure is all on Shortlees. Everyone will be supporting them which will add the pressure. Also Hurlford just need a point and Shortlees just can't seem to beat them. I will be shouting on the Lees like everyone else though 

Binge drinker I don't agree with you there all the pressure must be on hurlford after beating the lees easily in semi they must be big favourite on Monday yes the lees will have big support there hoping  they win and at this level of football I think home games don't give you an advantage 

and with the devils11 budget it would be shocking if they  lost the league 

no shortlees no party come on the lees 

lets go to war

There must have been about 400/500 at the Ayrshire semi final between the two a few weeks ago and I'd imagine there will be a lot more going along to watch a league decider

Archived