AYRSHIRE PREMIER WINNERS AND RELEGATION

THEMOLE91

Having been offshore I have just returned to see some interesting results and placings in the Ayrshire Premier League.

What has happened to Carrick Ams? I would summise that the title will be decided by Thistle and Lees and with the latter still in all big competitions will they be able to have a big enough squad to play catch-up? The relegation battle is more interesting and outwith the Top 2, Glenburn, Hurlford AFC, and possibly Kilbride Thistle any of the rest could find themselves joining Carrick? Who is everyones tip? I couldn't comment but I hope to catch some games over next few months.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurlford Thistle will win the league because Shortlees will have too many catch up games and will find themselves playing midweek games on grass. Glenburn look to have improved big time. Hurlford AFC appear to be playing well and the signing of Caddis could kick them on to challenge for top 3.  If Glenburn beat Thistle this Saturday that could set cat amongst the pigeons though. 

Carrick are away and I think West Kilbride may go down with them although Cumnock and Ardrossan might find themselves down there too 

35 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png ur obsessed! Shortlees early season form means they are closer to glenburn and hurlford afc than they are thistle that's what I base my opinion on. Certainly not s liking to them

Crazy when you think off it. Shortlees have lost one game all season in all competitions but as a result off that it will probably cost them the league because they will have a backlog of fixtures 

2 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I know and a couple of draws that they will be disappointed with too

Think they will beat Hurlford Thistle next time round right enough so if they can win the ugly games when midweek kicks in you never know. Just think it will be a bridge too far for them 

Cumnock and ardossan going down in my opinion, who's coming up is the real question, stewarton for a fact, but who is the other contenders as it is very tight??..

Do you think carrick will stay up like? Or are they due to fold so another team takes there place ? I can't see past ardeer for 2nd spot in the 1st although they seem a little hot and cold .

Do you think carrick will stay up like? Or are they due to fold so another team takes there place ? I can't see past ardeer for 2nd spot in the 1st although they seem a little hot and cold .

I thought Carrick had folded lol my bad mate aye if they don't fold they will go down, ardeer are best bet but as you said they're a hit and a miss, can go beat top of league then lose to bottom of league that's the beauty of the first division you never know who's going up untill about the last 4 games

Yeah I know, after Catrine shaky spell they will hopefully have Settled and make a push for it too, maybe a big ask but they are capable

Decent games this weekend, good few pushing could lose points, thinks it's to much of an ask for Catrine now

Why are Stewarton doing so well? Have they signed some new players? I see Ardeer had some in the Ayrshire Squad. What about Kilbirnie and Troon?

We have a very tight squad of 19, who train twice a week and listen to what I ask of them. The leagues is by no means over as we have 11 games to play, this includes Daily twice, Kilbirnie twice and Mauchline twice. Plenty to play for, we brought in players at the start of the season who have changed the mentality of what we had at the club.

23 minutes ago, Gary Hamilton said:

We have a very tight squad of 19, who train twice a week and listen to what I ask of them. The leagues is by no means over as we have 11 games to play, this includes Daily twice, Kilbirnie twice and Mauchline twice. Plenty to play for, we brought in players at the start of the season who have changed the mentality of what we had at the club.

Sounds good mate. Tough games ahead but in a good situation. Good luck and I hope to catch some games.

Archived