Dumbarton v Queens

Granted I’ve not been in Dumbarton, but the weather has been pretty decent over the past few days - so I’m a wee bit more hopeful that Dumbarton Rock’s work will have been worth the effort.

Looks like it’s going to rain pretty heavily tomorrow morning though, which is giving me the fear. It’s been far too long since I’ve been frustrated by our inability to score.

Match preview makes for pretty decent reading with only G.Gal, Boomer and Mango confirmed as out.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leighfield

Mercer Fordyce Cameron Marshall

Thomas Thomson Jacobs Dykes

Fergusson Dobbie

I'd bring in Cameron because we might as well see what he can do before the end of the season.  Brownlie on the other hand we already know what he can and can't do.

Thomson for Rankin I think we all agree is a no-brainer.  With Jacobs back he won't have as much defensive responsibility and can hopefully play with the shackles off and be more like the player we had last season.  It's a ground he knows well so hopefully he can kick on starting on Saturday.

The wide areas still remain a problem.  I've opted what is probably the "least bad" option as none are great.  Thomas is a one-trick pony when played on the right, but we don't really have anyone else to play there.

Fergusson remains the best option to partner Dobbie based on current form.  Hopefully we get to see the return of Lyle at some as I'd have him ahead of Todorov in the pecking order despite his recent lack of game time.

I'm going for a lazy prediction of 2-1 Queens.  Thomson to put us ahead, Russell to equalise, Lyle to win it for us late on.

Gallacher

Wardrop -- Dowie -- Hill -- Dick

Carswell -- Hutton

Walsh -- Froxylias -- Burt

Stewart

If that's not the team and Calum Gallagher starts I might cry.

Dont think we'll see Walsh start.

A wee cameo from him like that p***k Gibson would be nice but.

Expect Wilson to start unless Dills fit. Wardrop and Jimmy pairing up again down the right should be a gimme if both are fit.

We all know Sir Stephen can win a game on his own and I'm normally optimistic but I have a bad feeling about tomorrow. I'll still go for a 2-1 Queens win with the aforementioned with the first and Del off the bench for the winner. :)

28 minutes ago, Hawk said:

What time's high tide?

5pm

21 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Just been out and it’s very wet. 

I think this will be in doubt by 11 if it keeps up 

I would hope if there was doubt we'd have called an inspection by now. 

Hopefully not one of these late postponement specials ..........."pitch was perfectly playable at 12.00 but a late deluge left the ground completely waterlogged. We apologise to all supporters who made a fruitless journey".

Having looked at the local forecast - rain is predicted to be relentless more or less all day. If this is called off late there is really no excuse for it because the forecast is pretty conclusive.

Yesterday was a good day. Hopefully the sterling work our groundsman did in the aftermath of the snow, coupled with the good weather yesterday, will help get the game on. Unfortunately it was patchy rain on Thursday and I suspect today will be much the same - not so much pissing it down as continued drizzle.

If it doesnt go ahead then it's not for the lack of trying. The before and after pictures of our pitch show just how much graft was put in to try to give it a fighting chance.

I hope this one goes ahead. I wouldn't be surprised if the officials turn up and go out to have a look at it late on in proceedings.

Archived