Dumbarton v Queens

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Game must be in doubt after all the snow recently.

I think the pitch was cleared of snow at the weekend but with rain forecast and the snow at the side of the pitch melting I'm not sure if it could end up waterlogged.

I'm sure the groundsman will be able to give an update on the nick the pitch is in.

I went down on Saturday to help with the snow. Only 10 or so turned up and when I left there wasn’t even a quarter pitch cleared. It was a losing battle. Unless others volunteered on Sunday we’ll be relying on a thaw to clear the snow. If that is the case we’re likely to have a flooded pitch.

Sole destroying down there. The bit that was cleared on Saturday was the bit with the least amount of snow on it. You would have needed about 100 bodies down to tackle it and that was never going to happen with the state of the roads. Water and slush lying everywhere. just been forking like mad all day and will be doing it the rest of the week to try and give it a chance.

15 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

Sole destroying down there. The bit that was cleared on Saturday was the bit with the least amount of snow on it. You would have needed about 100 bodies down to tackle it and that was never going to happen with the state of the roads. Water and slush lying everywhere. just been forking like mad all day and will be doing it the rest of the week to try and give it a chance.

Good work and good luck with it. Hope it`s on albeit I`ll not be there as in London this weekend.

The weather forecast looks more hopeful from Wednesday on so hopefully your graft will be rewarded.

I went down on Saturday to help with the snow. Only 10 or so turned up and when I left there wasn’t even a quarter pitch cleared. It was a losing battle. Unless others volunteered on Sunday we’ll be relying on a thaw to clear the snow. If that is the case we’re likely to have a flooded pitch.

I think it was a request too many and at a bad time. A good few of us will have spent a fair bit of the weekend already clearing snow.

I did see on twitter that St Mirren had support to clear an astro for one of the youth teams, looked like a squad of at least 50 doing it. We were never going to get enough folk out to clear it.

Cant make the game but I see no reason we cant continue to play well and try and assert ourselves. Need to score two to counter the Dobbie goal.

I applaud your efforts and hard work. I wouldn't know where to start with that mess.
How about we break out the Subbuteo teams and play it on that wee bit in front of the dugout ?

Archived