Armageddon - Society breaks down

Romeo

On 05/03/2018 at 10:27, Romeo said:

I think it would probably take about 5 days

It could be done in a day. Just switch off facebook for 24 hours :o 

10 hours ago, Romeo said:

Are you a doomsday prepper and would head to your underground bunker?

Not a doomsday prepper but I do have an underground nuclear bunker attached to the basement that I could lock myself in for a few days if it came to it.

There was definitely a fair bit of "eleven-a-rife" going on during those couple of days last week.  Slight queues on roads being built up to people being stranded (not referring to the M80 issues here), 30,000 people trapped on the M80 (this is referring to the M80 issues), people fighting over milk and bread etc.  If people were really fighting over bread then I'm sure the police wouldn't be shy in issuing a statement telling people to get a grip.  Everyone claimed to have seen something utterly terrible - people being forced to buy blue milk instead of green for example.

What the bad weather showed me is that in Kilmarnock only a few people know that there is a Morrisons.  Everyone kept putting up pictures of Asda and Tesco empty shelves.  I was in Morrisons twice (once on Wednesday, once on Friday) and they had plenty of bread and milk both times.  

To answer the OPs question I don't think it would take too long.  If we had some kind of major bombing of power stations and it was reported (in the papers) that electricity was down and could be for a long time then I'm sure panic would set in for some.

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

We would resort to cannibalism and should eat OF fans first.  Not because they would taste good, but just so there was some upside to the whole thing.

You'd just end up breaking your falsers again.

17 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

There was definitely a fair bit of "eleven-a-rife" going on during those couple of days last week.  Slight queues on roads being built up to people being stranded (not referring to the M80 issues here), 30,000 people trapped on the M80 (this is referring to the M80 issues), people fighting over milk and bread etc.  If people were really fighting over bread then I'm sure the police wouldn't be shy in issuing a statement telling people to get a grip.  Everyone claimed to have seen something utterly terrible - people being forced to buy blue milk instead of green for example.

What the bad weather showed me is that in Kilmarnock only a few people know that there is a Morrisons.  Everyone kept putting up pictures of Asda and Tesco empty shelves.  I was in Morrisons twice (once on Wednesday, once on Friday) and they had plenty of bread and milk both times.  

To answer the OPs question I don't think it would take too long.  If we had some kind of major bombing of power stations and it was reported (in the papers) that electricity was down and could be for a long time then I'm sure panic would set in for some.

How wold the papers get printed?

Archived